Jimbo 2022: Balls To The Face

Neonmoon

Texas A&M official visits: Mid-weekend updates

Brian Perroni

"-As of Saturday at 1 p.m., Denver Harris has not made it to town for his unofficial. We will keep checking to see if he does indeed make it."

Spoiler

Texas A&M official visits: Mid-weekend updates

Brian Perroni

We don’t interrupt players on their official visits, so this is from talking to people familiar with the weekend and how things are going. Obviously, things are going well with pretty much all the guys, but that is also to be couched with the fact that this is the first weekend and the first trip for all of them.

-Here are the hosts for the non-committed guys:

Bryce Anderson – Leon O'Neal

Harold Perkins – Edgerrin Cooper

Jamarion Miller – Isaiah Spiller

Chris Marshall – Hezekiah Jones

Anthony Lucas – Jaylon Jones

-With Anthony Lucas, I think this is likely to be an A&M-Notre Dame battle. The Irish have him as a must-get and felt decent about their chances prior to this. They also get Lucas in town next weekend. But, from all accounts, he is feeling right at home in Aggieland. He has gotten along really well with the current players and even moreso with the other recruits.

A&M is selling Lucas on staying at end and he likes that there is a history of bigger guys on the edge. But he is also okay with moving inside if need be. He just wants the opportunity to at least try things on the edge.

Lucas had previously told me he will also take officials to Michigan and Oregon, but does not have dates for those yet. I am not 100-percent convinced he takes them but, even if so, I think a decision comes in July.

-Bryce Anderson, other than getting reports that it a positive visit for sure, I have not gotten a ton of feedback. Looking at social media posts, though, it is clear that he is definitely enjoying himself. I think A&M is back in it but his decision is not coming until July 4 and he has a few visits left to take. Texas is the main one to watch.

-Harold Perkins has been longtime close friends Donovan Green and those two have been together a lot. PJ Williams is a relatively quiet kid, at least compared to his teammate, but I’ve been told he gas been vocal in selling A&M to Perkins as well.

Conner Weigman has been Perkins’ 7-on-7 quarterback and the QB has stepped up as a vocal leader of the class, so he is obviously a part of the sell as well. I haven’t heard particularly about the Katy duo of Malick Sylla and Bobby Taylor here, but both are big-time leaders so I don’t doubt they are involved as well.

Perkins is likely going to wait all this out to the Under Armour game still, but the Aggies are making a very good first impression. I expect him to be back on multiple unofficials as well.

-Chris Marshall is being hosted by Hezekiah Jones, since Devon Achane still has track. But, as expected, Achane has been around. This is Marshall’s first-ever recruiting visit of any kind and A&M looks to be putting some distance between itself and the others. He has the USC official next weekend but that’s the only one he has right now. I think he will still want to see Alabama in person but, if he does that this month, I could see him deciding sooner. I like my Crystal Ball pick of A&M with him.

-Jamarion Miller is tough to get a read on. Spiller is the perfect guy to have with him, though. Spiller loves Aggieland and also has obviously performed on the field as well. I've heard Miller is enjoying himself a lot.

I am curious to hear what he says after meeting with Jimbo Fisher on Sunday. The Aggies have TreVonte' Citizen coming in next week but I think they would be happy with either of those two – or one of Le'veon Moss or Trevor Etienne.

I expect A&M to really up the pressure on Miller going forward. He likes Alabama a lot, so the thing to watch will be to see how hard the Tide push. Right now, his only other visit is to Florida next weekend but he is likely to take one to Tuscaloosa at some point as well.

-As of Saturday at 1 p.m., Denver Harris has not made it to town for his unofficial. We will keep checking to see if he does indeed make it.

So let me get this straight.  Aggy has been recruiting this kid for a while with Chef Price in constant contact and both sides saying it's a Texas-aggy battle.  No doubt the gigem' posters are all over the "Jimbo's got this", "No way we lose this kid" and all the sudden Jimbo calls this kid up leaving the Texas OV and says "Sorry kid, can't take you, we're canceling your OV"?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Post-official visit updates

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Brian Perroni

We will have individual updates but wanted to just consolidate a thread as well. The players are all starting to leave now.

-Jimbo Fisher wanted to save Bryce Anderson's meeting for last. As of 1:50, Bryce and his family were still waiting to meet with them. A&M is definitely working really hard on him and the Aggies have opened his eyes this weekend.

-Anthony Lucas is boarding his plane right now. I will get with him when he gets back to Arizona but he did tell me that he was blown away by how nice everything was and that the visit 'exceeded expectations.' Says he won't be surprised if A&M has a huge season. With him, Notre Dame is the main competition and the Irish get him on campus this coming weekend. But the Aggies got off on a very, very good foot.

-Donovan Green and Conner Weigman are both on the way back home. Both are supposed to call when they get back as the former's phone is dead and the latter has a bunch of people in the car with him. I expect both to rave about the trip.

-I believe Harold Perkins is still on campus but we will be getting with him. His family told Wiltfong earlier that they were having a great time and I have heard good things from the A&M side as well.

-Chris Marshall is very much an Aggie lean. I'm curious what he will do with his timeline but I still expect him to take the USC visit next weekend.

-I'm told Bobby Taylor and Malick Sylla are wrapping up their visits right now. Like with Weigman and Green, I think it is easy to guess what they will have to say. Put PJ Williams in that same category.

-I've been told things went well with both Isaiah Sategna and Jamarion Miller. Andrew will speak with Sategna soon but Miller is a little tougher to get in touch with. But A&M feels they did as well as they could there.

-Not an official, but Bear Alexander is on his way back to Fort Worth. I don't expect an immediate flip or anything but A&M will continue to get him on campus, including for an official at some point. The Aggies are playing the long game and are the main threat to UGA...and a very real threat at that. I have not heard a ton about Deyon Bouie's visit but we will continue to work sources on that one.

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Reveal hidden contents

Brian Perroni

We will have individual updates but wanted to just consolidate a thread as well. The players are all starting to leave now.

-Jimbo Fisher wanted to save Bryce Anderson's meeting for last. As of 1:50, Bryce and his family were still waiting to meet with them. A&M is definitely working really hard on him and the Aggies have opened his eyes this weekend.

-Anthony Lucas is boarding his plane right now. I will get with him when he gets back to Arizona but he did tell me that he was blown away by how nice everything was and that the visit 'exceeded expectations.' Says he won't be surprised if A&M has a huge season. With him, Notre Dame is the main competition and the Irish get him on campus this coming weekend. But the Aggies got off on a very, very good foot.

-Donovan Green and Conner Weigman are both on the way back home. Both are supposed to call when they get back as the former's phone is dead and the latter has a bunch of people in the car with him. I expect both to rave about the trip.

-I believe Harold Perkins is still on campus but we will be getting with him. His family told Wiltfong earlier that they were having a great time and I have heard good things from the A&M side as well.

-Chris Marshall is very much an Aggie lean. I'm curious what he will do with his timeline but I still expect him to take the USC visit next weekend.

-I'm told Bobby Taylor and Malick Sylla are wrapping up their visits right now. Like with Weigman and Green, I think it is easy to guess what they will have to say. Put PJ Williams in that same category.

-I've been told things went well with both Isaiah Sategna and Jamarion Miller. Andrew will speak with Sategna soon but Miller is a little tougher to get in touch with. But A&M feels they did as well as they could there.

-Not an official, but Bear Alexander is on his way back to Fort Worth. I don't expect an immediate flip or anything but A&M will continue to get him on campus, including for an official at some point. The Aggies are playing the long game and are the main threat to UGA...and a very real threat at that. I have not heard a ton about Deyon Bouie's visit but we will continue to work sources on that one.

Jimbo going to kidnap Anderson until he says yes.

42 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Reveal hidden contents

Brian Perroni

So "Update: I haven't talked to anyone but I'm sure they'll tell me the weekend went great!"

Has there ever been a negative visit in the history of recruiting, according to any school's 9.95ers (including ours)?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So "Update: I haven't talked to anyone but I'm sure they'll tell me the weekend went great!"

Has there ever been a negative visit in the history of recruiting, according to any school's 9.95ers (including ours)?

image.thumb.png.ff2065fe780c9ac83032fe8adb6e2125.png

image.jpeg.99137572b5c30267b7021adcd1491f8d.jpeg

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So let me get this straight.  Aggy has been recruiting this kid for a while with Chef Price in constant contact and both sides saying it's a Texas-aggy battle.  No doubt the gigem' posters are all over the "Jimbo's got this", "No way we lose this kid" and all the sudden Jimbo calls this kid up leaving the Texas OV and says "Sorry kid, can't take you, we're canceling your OV"?

“Jimbo’s got this. Plus, we like having an empty Hall of Champions. It would take so long to dust all the trophies, and who really has time for that? I also like to practice my yodeling in there. The echo is the best in the SEC west.”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

Jimbo Fisher wanted to save Bryce Anderson's meeting for last. As of 1:50, Bryce and his family were still waiting to meet with them. A&M is definitely working really hard on him and the Aggies have opened his eyes this weekend.

Power. Move.

Keep 'em waiting. Show 'em it's they that need you and not the other way around. But first, you open their eyes.

Here he is reacting to the yell leaders and learning the hand signs. Jimbo hitting it out of the park.

spacer.png

He's yelling right along. WHOOP!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

Malick Sylla and Derrick Brown are both tagged as "edge" by 247. Not ideal to lose Brown, but glad to still have Sylla. So that leaves A&M hoping to get in on Wesolak (Notre Dame seems to be the main threat there although he seems pretty undecided with several big names in the race still, all across the U.S.), and an outside shot with Enai White... White has announced he is coming to A&M for an unofficial, and has 4 officials lined up with a 5th one open... 

Thankfully, DE is one spot A&M has several young faces on campus already, and hopefully one or two of those pan out.  Missing out on Denver Harris (and Terrance Brooks) hurts the most among all the position recruiting battles.

• Fuck You 1

Looks like 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy's dad and mom are moving to College Station for a new job at a local church. I wonder if their kid moves as well. He already has visited BCS once I think or was planning to visit... well, now he can visit the campus every day if he wishes!

OU is supposedly the main competition for his signature... so I'm sure you guys here will appreciate it if he doesn't go there and A&M is able to vulture one away that you won't have to face in the trenches the next few years.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Looks like 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy's dad and mom are moving to College Station for a new job at a local church. I wonder if their kid moves as well. He already has visited BCS once I think or was planning to visit... well, now he can visit the campus every day if he wishes!

OU is supposedly the main competition for his signature... so I'm sure you guys here will appreciate it if he doesn't go there and A&M is able to vulture one away that you won't have to face in the trenches the next few years.

Sounds legit. - NCAA

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Malick Sylla and Derrick Brown are both tagged as "edge" by 247. Not ideal to lose Brown, but glad to still have Sylla. So that leaves A&M hoping to get in on Wesolak (Notre Dame seems to be the main threat there although he seems pretty undecided with several big names in the race still, all across the U.S.), and an outside shot with Enai White... White has announced he is coming to A&M for an unofficial, and has 4 officials lined up with a 5th one open... 

Thankfully, DE is one spot A&M has several young faces on campus already, and hopefully one or two of those pan out.  Missing out on Denver Harris (and Terrance Brooks) hurts the most among all the position recruiting battles.

Wesolak is probably Bama vs Clemson 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

His dad played ball at OU

His dad is a priest or something, and so holy roller Dabo is working that angle hard 

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry:
At this point, I’ll be pretty surprised if Bear doesn’t end up at Texas A&M

So, legit question for those here that understand the bag game.

It's pretty commonly accepted that Georgia paid for Bear. If he now changes to aggy, does that mean they upped the price?

I feel like someone mentioned that upping the price on already paid off players is some of what got Hugh Freeze in trouble. Is Jimbo heading down the same path?

Mostly just curious how a paid off player might end up changing their commitment. I'm sure there's more $ involved, but curious how it all goes down and if there are any consequences as a result.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I thought I remembered that the home state team could bid more for the prospect.

That was the old SEC unwritten rules/gentlemen's agreement. But there's still some murkiness. I doubt Bear got paid already. I also doubt he'd be giving money back for  a higher rate. I don't really know how that aspect works.