2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

8 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

As opposed to the Democratic Party that demands that race be taken into account for all manner of things, from jobs, to employment, educational positions, etc.

Interesting...

Affirmative action isn't the most elegant solution to racism, but at least it's an attempt. Now, tell us what your answer to racism in America is...or, at least, the Republican Party that you defend. But if you pretend to not think there's a problem, you might well be part of it.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Affirmative action isn't the most elegant solution to racism, but at least it's an attempt. Now, tell us what your answer to racism in America is...or, at least, the Republican Party that you defend. But if you pretend to not think there's a problem, you might well be part of it.

Racism doesn’t exist anymore. Everyone knows that. 

And if you think the Republican Party and conservatives are racist and your side isn't, well, you just might be part of it too.

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

BLM couldn't give 2 shits about the orders of magnitude more of blacks being killed by blacks.

Why not?

is it your position that we should only look at the problem of black men being murdered by police officers when there are no longer instances of black on black crime?

• Like 2

Affirmative action isn't the most elegant solution to racism, but at least it's an attempt.

Hey, this fucking idiot can't tell the difference between racism and arguably misguided attempts to solve the problem of institutionally racist policies and history.  You're wasting bandwith.  He's going to intentionally misrepresent the frustration that people have with legislators who draft off Trump's demonization of the "other", and whine about it being brainless cries of racism.

Because that what these motherfuckers do.

• Like 1

Just now, Ag with kids said:

And if you think the Republican Party and conservatives are racist and your side isn't, well, you just might be part of it too.

It's dumbfounding that you can't admit that the Republican Party has a racism problem when we can show you multiple examples.

Now, start citing instances of liberals equating blacks with monkeys. I'll wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

No.

Your reading comprehension sucks shit if you think that's anything close to what I said.

ok, so is it that you think that BLM does not actually care about black people dying, but instead are just racist against whites?

i'll just skip to the end since this whole thing is a diversion - fuck you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Hey, this fucking idiot can't tell the difference between racism and arguably misguided attempts to solve the problem of institutionally racist policies and history.  You're wasting bandwith.  He's going to intentionally misrepresent the frustration that people have with legislators who draft off Trump's demonization of the "other", and whine about it being brainless cries of racism.

Because that what these motherfuckers do.

Yeah.

That's it.

Pat yourself on the back for being the savior of the black race by opposing those racist Republicans, because they're ALL keeping the black man down.

• Fuck You 6

5 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

No one is saying there aren't currently some racists in the Democratic Party and across the spectrum.  Of course you knew that already, but Black Panthers and something something 50 years ago, and the other side isn't 100% completely free of racists, so let's not talk about it or take any measure of responsibility for the cancer within the Republican party.  The Republican party nominated, elected, and supports a blatant racist as President of the United States who openly and actively works to normalize and legitimize racism in this country, cozies up with racist hate groups, and continues to trot out and support racist candidates at all levels.  Keep trying to point fingers in other directions and excuse it away, though.  It helps other folks easily identify the disingenuous morons.

• Like 3

I say keep Ag W Kids here.  They can retreat to their safe space over at TexAgs and never have anyone push back on their groupthink.  Or we can expose them to their own poor thinking by pointing out the errors here. We just don’t need to get so angry about it.  

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

Until the Republicans party stops aligning itself with racists, don’t be surprised if people continue to call its members racist. Why are you saying, “we’re not ALL racists” instead of “we need to get these racists out of out party”?

I don’t see anyone on the Republican side disclaiming them. Because they know racism is part of their base and part of their current program. Until you stop associating yourself with that, you’re the problem.

• Like 7

I say keep Ag W Kids here.  They can retreat to their safe space over at TexAgs and never have anyone push back on their groupthink.  Or we can expose them to their own poor thinking by pointing out the errors here. We just don’t need to get so angry about it.  

Also this.

Obvious trolls should get the ban hammer. Not real posters expressing (flawed) opinions.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

BLM couldn't give 2 shits about the orders of magnitude more of blacks being killed by blacks.

Why not?

People are upset at pediophilic priests when orders of magnitude more kids are hurt by other kids.  Why?

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Keep in mind that Ron DeSantis is the type of candidate that @Chrispy would unquestioningly vote for because team.

Also can we crowd source this dipshit aggy back to TexAgs where he can smear himself with feces and masturbate to Q drops?

Maybe, I know very little about DeSantis as a candidate. I did, however, grow up in an area where “monkey business” and “monkeying around” were commonplace, so all of the uproar continues to baffle me. 

26 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Maybe, I know very little about DeSantis as a candidate. I did, however, grow up in an area where “monkey business” and “monkeying around” were commonplace, so all of the uproar continues to baffle me. 

Well would you like to address the robocall? I am itching to hear a defense.

Is calling someone a baboon without any racial animosity too?

Y'know...
"Hey Republican voters, you're all racist assholes, so stop it and vote Democrat" is really going to convince a lot of folks on the right to come running to your side.
No way it could backfire...

Psssst. Nobody is trying to convince gop voters of ANYTHING. Y’all have adopted a platform that rejects all facts and logic (alternative facts and shit). Arguing with you is a waste of fucking time.

Beating you and shoving you back into the retrograde hole from which you crawled is the only smart path.
Yeah, people should really stop calling out the Republicans’ overt racism,  it probably isn’t effective. We should just look the other way and pretend it isn’t happening.  That’s the way to go.  

Well, they don’t enjoy being called out on their bad behavior and/or the behavior they’re happy to encourage to win votes. It makes them uncomfortable. And how DARE you make a GOP voter uncomfortable, good sir!
Yeah...
Everyone on the right is a racist because "Trump"

No....he’s a piece of the evidence. But the open racism of numerous other GOP candidates and their supporters kinda seals the deal. You know, monkey noises on phone calls, calling black People baboons, supporting revoking the passports of Americans of Hispanic descent like my dad, thar sort of thing. It’s a fucking all you can eat buffet of racism, and you want to pretend it doesn’t exist.

Minorities don’t have that luxury, so neither should you, asshole.
Until the Republicans party stops aligning itself with racists, don’t be surprised if people continue to call its members racist. Why are you saying, “we’re not ALL racists” instead of “we need to get these racists out of out party”?

I don’t see anyone on the Republican side disclaiming them. Because they know racism is part of their base and part of their current program. Until you stop associating yourself with that, you’re the problem.

When they stop playing “the greatest hits,” the crowds will stop turning out for their concerts.

All political movements need enthusiasm to succeed, and asshole racists bring the enthusiasm. It’s an indispensable foundation of any path to GOP electoral success. If they tried to get rid of it, they’d lose countless political offices for lack of turnout from their base.

Own it, GOP. It’s your strategy now, so play the fucking game out in the open. Nobody’s buying your disingenuous bullshit anyway.
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Well would you like to address the robocall? I am itching to hear a defense.

Is calling someone a baboon without any racial animosity too?

Yeah, that was disturbing. I’m not going to hold DeSantis responsible for someone else’s idiocy, though. 

5 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Yeah, that was disturbing. I’m not going to hold DeSantis responsible for someone else’s idiocy, though. 

No? Even though he gave a green light to that sort of idiocy? The lengths you trumpkins will go to to defend your team. It’s quite amazing. It will be written about by historians for decades to come. 

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

No? Even though he gave a green light to that sort of idiocy? The lengths you trumpkins will go to to defend your team. It’s quite amazing. It will be written about by historians for decades to come. 

I think you’re reaching in this particular situation. It’s admirable to want to fight racism, I’ll even cheer you on, but the mighty scythe of justice is being dulled into a butter knife.

Sorry so name cally yesterday, but Maryland game.

I wish people wouldn't have to try to mis-characterize the other sides arguments so much.  I'm pissed at "both sides" etc.  I don't think all Republicans are like Trump, but those who defend him are defending someone who lacks credibility and clearly has established himself as someone who enjoys saying racist things. Defend that?  You are defending racist activities.  Stand up against this behavior -- good for you if you are Republican.

I've been against race-based affirmative action in university education for some time.  I think you eliminate the baggage in one fell swoop if you simply allow state and private entities to engage in any kind of needs based affirmative action that you want.  Have all the quotas you want, but has to be needs based.

Though I've been against AA, I do defend the arguments of those who still support it in some  way or fashion and to say that they are as "racist" as Mr. Both Sides and his defenders is just a terrible, boneheaded argument worthy of contempt. 

I think Chrispy has mentioned being in his early 30s before.  l wouldn't know who that is but for an episode of Radiolab.

When I saw news pop up about DeSantis saying "monkey this up", I thought it was funny because what a dumb mixed up version of a poor choice of a phrase to use.  Watching the footage of him saying it, it's pretty clear that he chose his words very carefully.

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Psssst. Nobody is trying to convince gop voters of ANYTHING. Y’all have adopted a platform that rejects all facts and logic (alternative facts and shit). Arguing with you is a waste of fucking time.

Beating you and shoving you back into the retrograde hole from which you crawled is the only smart path.

I remember back when you were a pretty reasonable guy.

Sorry to see that you've gone off the cliff.

BTW, if you absolutely, positively want to see racism around every corner, you will...

I remember back when you were a pretty reasonable guy.

Sorry to see that you've gone off the cliff.

BTW, if you absolutely, positively want to see racism around every corner, you will...

And I remember when the GOP was a reasonable party. I was even a voting primary member.

Now, a sizable percentage/majority believes things like the press is the enemy of the people, fact-based reporting is “fake news,” it’s cool to or children in jails, and guys named Jaime hanging Sheetrock are a major threat to our national security.

Let’s be real fucking clear here: fucksticks like you do NOT get to lecture ME. You don’t get to buy into those value systems and then lecture ANYONE about ANYTHING.
  • Like 8