2019 Houston Texans

The Earl of Texas

Well, after that abortion yesterday I can admit that I could not have been more wrong about this team.  I really wanted to believe and thought they were better than that.  I'm going to re-calibrate my expectations going forward back to where if they actually win a big game I will be pleasantly surprised rather than expecting they win only to be bitterly disappointed.

giphy.gif

Edited by Hate

Hell no. Never confident in a game where Buttchin is severely outmatched in the coaching department, and TY Hilton is on the field. 

He could play the Texans completely by himself. Snap it to himself and throw it to himself and he’d still be wide open 1 on 11. I don’t understand it.

10 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Hopkins is so fucking clutch

I thought he was having an off season, and I guess he's down a bit TD/yards wise, but he's on pace for 120 and 1,200 yards - about 6-7 touchdowns. 

A couple of huge games down the stretch and he'll have another all pro season. 

It's just impossible for us to come out and whip this team. We play like shit and drop so many games against these fucks. Presnap penalties are killing us and now Deshaun throws a pick - this should be 14-0. 

In our past 15 games we are 4-11 against Indy - with all 4 wins coming by less than 6 points and 2 coming in overtime. They've also beaten us 5 out of the last 6 including a playoff matchup. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Y'all gonna fly a banner?

I've tolerated BoB more than most fans have - but 48-44 is nearing Jeff Fisher territory. And there is nothing wrong with this roster - we should at least be a wild card team. If we lose this one tonight we are 2 games back in the division (effectively 3 because of tiebreaker) with just 5 to play.

Before Baltimore whipped our ass I thought this team could contend for an AFCCG spot - but now I'd almost rather punt the season and get rid of BoB. Let some fresh blood come in and play with this roster - we should be winning 11-12 games every season with a healthy Deshaun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

BOB and his fucking terrible playcalling not letting Deshaun get in a rhythm passing. Fucking terrible conservative garbage. How about trying to step on their fucking throat offensively from the beginning.

Playcalling has been okay, penalties fucked our drives in the 1st quarter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've tolerated BoB more than most fans have - but 48-44 is nearing Jeff Fisher territory. And there is nothing wrong with this roster - we should at least be a wild card team. If we lose this one tonight we are 2 games back in the division (effectively 3 because of tiebreaker) with just 5 to play.

Before Baltimore whipped our ass I thought this team could contend for an AFCCG spot - but now I'd almost rather punt the season and get rid of BoB. Let some fresh blood come in and play with this roster - we should be winning 11-12 games every season with a healthy Deshaun. 

I will say - if we can win this one, we are in a decent spot to control the division. Outside of the Pats we have the Broncos, Titans twice and Bucs. The Colts have the Titans, Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Jags. Texans shouldn't drop more than 2 over those 5 and should have a chance at 4-1 while 3-2 would be a pretty optimal result for Indy. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

That's cute you have such faith 

I mean we are objectively a better team than everyone remaining besides New England. I'm still not sure how good or not this team is but I'm confident enough to say we can take 3 games off of the Bucs, Broncos and Titans twice - and we get NE at home. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I thought Watson would take a huge leap this year. He’s been meh other than a few games.

That’s what you get when you have a below average coach too stupid to create an offense that utilizes all of his strengths. Think how much better Watson would be with Shanahan, McVay or Reid.