austin radio stuff

hayden_horn

39 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Goddammit, an entire fucking segment on golf, LIV and local golf courses.

But all worth it for the lawn care tips at the end?

1 minute ago, swonie said:

I saw online that longtime Austin radio personality David Anderson passed away yesterday. 

I met him a few times when I was in the business, great guy. 

David was a great guy.  Got to know him some through Aquafest over the years.  Many mutual friends who all thought the world of him.  RIP.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 6:07 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

David was a great guy.  Got to know him some through Aquafest over the years.  Many mutual friends who all thought the world of him.  RIP.

Had a lot of fun at several Austin AquaFest

image.png.64a4a57e0ece46c2a37422b4513f3e85.png

• Hook 'Em 2

I heard some of Jeff's show in the car today.  He was opining on how SXSW is no longer about music but it's just a tech trade show.  "All the condo owners made the clubs turn down the volume.  Rock 'n roll is dead, anyway.".

That's odd, I was on Red River last Saturday and 3 clubs (Mohawk, Stubbs, Cheer Up Charlies) had extremely loud hard rock bands on the outdoor stages.  One could throw a rock and hit The Beverly apts/condos from each club.

Basically, Jeff is full of shit, as always.

Ward was always full of himself and now is even more so, to where he's simply become a beating. Always the coolest guy on the air while thinking his shit never stinks. One of his more tiresome angles is the reference to "old people this and that" which is interesting because, well, now Ward is old in his 60s. Problem is he's still doing the same radio schtick from the early aughts but has yet to realize that, like himself, it's outdated and needs to be put out to pasture. 

• Like 1

Jeff was lurking South Padre Island during Spring Break of 1987.  I was down there with my girlfriend.  Jeff always wore his jersey on the beach and carried a football.  It was laughably cringe-worthy.
That tracks. The best is his super libertarian contrarian bullshit for hours and hours. Dumb, entitled, repetitive Westlake bullshit. I am sure the San Demas teachers graded this bullshit on a curve, but enjoy riding the bus bro. Have a take, I'm sure it's gonna suck.

I guess I like e hogan more than I thought bc I keep listening but holy fucking shit this guy with him is horrible. Not only bad at radio but just incredibly dumb with horrible takes. They’re talking about the Japanese baseball player gambling deal and this guy is just a huge moron. You can tell hogan hates him.

• 1 month later...

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-radio-stations-koke-fm-the-horn-new-ownership/269-71cddb45-491b-4d26-a3ef-4f3e10cf2e3b

AUSTIN, Texas — A pair of well-known Austin radio stations are set to get new ownership.

Norsan Media, a Charlotte, North Carolina-based media company, reports that it has purchased Genuine Austin Radio, which operates KOKE-FM 99.3 and The Horn FM 101.9 FM and 1260 AM.

Norsan Media specializes in content geared toward Hispanic and Spanish-speaking audiences, operating stations in the Carolinas, Florida and Texas. The company already operates La Raza 95.1 in Austin, which specializes in regional Mexican music.

At the moment, it is unclear if the acquisition will impact the programming on either station – KOKE-FM currently airs country music and The Horn specializes in University of Texas-oriented sports content – or if it will impact any on-air talent at either station.

The FCC still has to approve the sale before the acquisition is finalized.