Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

In some ways this game is more head-scratching than the last. You could blame the Bishop start and atrocious play partly to the Avs going balls-to-wall in elimination game and after getting down huge early, played well. This has been shit from the beginning, 1-0 lead notwithstanding. Last change. More Avs hurt and again the third-string goalie. Embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Absolutely fucking pathetic.  Nothing to say that I'm sure hasn't already been said in this game but what an absolutely embarrassing performance in back to back close out games.  Flat out didn't show up at all for Game 5.  Now tonight take stupid penalty after stupid penalty and our top line is a god damn disaster.   Benn and Seguin contribute absolutely nothing yet again in a big game.   Fucking frauds.

The puck control in our zone is laughable. Looks like a bunch of beer leaguers no-look panicking to try to get the puck out of the zone. It's inexcusable for professionals to revert to that type of play. This team makes it seem like they do not work on breakouts. If their first look isn't there and they are pressured they just panic. It's way more noticeable from the forwards. They look completely lost if they are deep in the zone and have the puck. They don't know where to go with the puck, they don't think they can play it back to the defensemen, they just try to get it out anyway possible which is as good as a turnover... just not in our own zone.

It's sucks all joy out trying to watch.

39 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m just impressed we had a 3-1 lead on the Avs. Outside of Miro the rest of the roster is a bunch of middling talent and multi-year slumping  “stars”

this is why you dont pull your best goalie even if it is a back to back.  you play to win the game(all due respect to the Herm)

10 hours ago, NateHitch said:
11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:
I’m just impressed we had a 3-1 lead on the Avs. Outside of Miro the rest of the roster is a bunch of middling talent and multi-year slumping  “stars”

This is where I'm at, I was thinking we'd lose this series 4-1 or 4-2. Last 2 days have sucked but a game 7 exceeds my expectations

Same for me except they're the walking wounded over there -- third-string goalie, missing best defenseman, etc. It doesn't get set up much better than that and I'm going to be pissed if we don't convert in Game 7. MacKinnon is other-worldly. The saucer-pass that Rantanen somehow put in was sublime on both ends.

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Same for me except they're the walking wounded over there -- third-string goalie, missing best defenseman, etc. It doesn't get set up much better than that and I'm going to be pissed if we don't convert in Game 7. MacKinnon is other-worldly. The saucer-pass that Rantanen somehow put in was sublime on both ends.

This.  And it isn't just the fact that we've lost the games that pisses me off.  It's how we lost them.  The effort to start game 5 was an absolute joke and disgrace.  Then last night stupid penalty after stupid penalty that were so obvious the refs had no choice but to call them.  If we stay out of the box in the first period we might have built a lead we never give up.  And the top line was just an embarrassment last night.