Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

20 minutes ago, XYZ said:

She wasn’t trying to crash the plane. She just wanted to get out...with the plane...flying.

Michelle must’ve taught Tom everything he knows. She was the underdog trying to open the cabin door mid-flight. She doesn’t want any of those traditional pesky landing procedures to get in the way. 

Jump out of the plane when they least expect it. Pass up on going for 2 because they would never expect it. The Hermans are mensassholes.

10 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

brock lesnar once tried the same thing it took everyone on the plane to hold him back

it was on the plane ride from hell ft ric flair 

Better be careful with giving out that info those guys are kick you out of the group text.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hammerhead said:

This is where I’m at.  

Starting off, I don’t know shit and have no inside info. Just my take since the start.  
We have urban on a handshake deal. He is wanting to bring some people with him. Prob SIL and maybe more. To not have those coaches besieged by media questions during their trek to  trying to win a national championship he agreed to wait till after the ohio state season. Texas agreed to wait for urban so CDC came out with his statement and one of the most important statements in it was that he will wait to evaluate Tom Herman after the season. AFTER the season. This gives Texas and urban time for what they want without all the scrutiny all around them. Once their seasons are over I believe Urban will be announced. He is ours. 

shitty for all of us but this is how it see it happening. I’m probably full of shit and wrong but I’m 100% in till urban declines publicly. Fuck everyone else. 

What a hot take! Tell us more of what you got brother!  What you should do is add a wrinkle to your not so inside info and tell us everything is a wrap, just waiting on the lawyers. That will make it real juicy.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

What a hot take! Tell us more of what you got brother!  What you should do is add a wrinkle to your not so inside info and tell us everything is a wrap, just waiting on the lawyers. That will make it real juicy.

Ok. Everything is a wrap. We r just waiting on the lawyers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Then we can surmise that we do have UM lined up?

If so, CDC must be a damn good poker player. Herman said they "talk every day". I wonder how many face-to-face meetings they've had recently? It'd be awfully hard for CDC not to be uncomfortable knowing he's hiding Fuckface's impending dismissal. Awkward

It's obvious they're not talking every day. It's a useful little white lie that no one will care about when it's proven to be such.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

His contract was already guaranteed? For a new agreement to be binding, you have to have "consideration". Are you suggesting we paid Herman EVEN MORE fucking money to keep his mouth shut than his already guaranteed contract?

I'm suggesting that everything is negotiable, and it sounds like UT has dirt on him that they can use as leverage to lower the buyout. In such a scenario, he could salvage more of his buyout by agreeing to play along and stfu until the right time.

Edited by wood

4 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Why the hell would Herman sign an NDA about getting fired?

He wouldn’t.   No way they’ve told Herman he is being fired.  He may know it is happening but that’s a lot different than being told it’s happening.  

Besides, why would they risk letting him know?  He could try to screw things up like Brown did. 

2 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

His contract was already guaranteed? For a new agreement to be binding, you have to have "consideration". Are you suggesting we paid Herman EVEN MORE fucking money to keep his mouth shut than his already guaranteed contract?

I'm sure the somewhat thin argument there is that we presented Herman with some dirt on him that could be used to reduce/eliminate the buyout and told him "sign this" and we will let you go quietly at the right time with all your shit.

In other words...we blackmailed him.

1 minute ago, wood said:

I'm suggesting that everything is negotiable, and it sounds like UT has dirt on him that they can use as leverage to lower the buyout. He can salvage more of his buyout by agreeing to play along and stfu until the right time.

It sounds like he's a football coach who should be fired... But is not fired yet... If I'm the agent or Herman, or Herman's attorneys, I'm not agreeing to any fucking NDA except a BIG FAT PAYCHECK along with some sort of release language saying at all times before this time, I was never in default of my contract. And sooner or later it would come out that CDC paid Herman even more money for us to be "cutesie" over a coaching hire? Are we as a fan group suffering from that much battered-spouse syndrome that we cling to these conspiracies?

1 minute ago, senorfussybutt said:

It sounds like he's a football coach who should be fired... But is not fired yet... If I'm the agent or Herman, or Herman's attorneys, I'm not agreeing to any fucking NDA except a BIG FAT PAYCHECK along with some sort of release language saying at all times before this time, I was never in default of my contract. And sooner or later it would come out that CDC paid Herman even more money for us to be "cutesie" over a coaching hire? Are we as a fan group suffering from that much battered-spouse syndrome that we cling to these conspiracies?

I'm not clinging to anything. It's just one of many possibilities. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. None of us do.

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm sure the somewhat thin argument there is that we presented Herman with some dirt on him that could be used to reduce/eliminate the buyout and told him "sign this" and we will let you go quietly at the right time with all your shit.

In other words...we blackmailed him.

In other words, committed a crime? That's blackmail in Texas and is a crime. If the amount reduced from Herman's buyout was more than $300k, that's a first-degree possibly lock-me-up-for-life felony in Texas.