Bill Barr, large dildo.

Hugo Stiglitz

I really don't see a reason the Dems are even conducting hearings like this.  They get nothing out of it except taking the headlines away from Trump doing something stupid, illegal or both.  All you get with doing this deal with Barr is he gets to weasel his way out of every question, the Dems mostly point out facts but honestly many of them are very poor at getting their point across and the Republicans on the committee just spout out conspiracy theories and tell everyone how Trump has been unfairly treated.  Independents aren't watching this shit so you aren't really gaining votes but you are giving Fox and OAN talking points and video clips of Jim Jordan and Doug Collins spewing their bullshit.  The Dems should just stay away from these kind of high profile hearings for now and just keep passing legislation at least until after the election.  The only way these kind of hearings would benefit the Dems is if all the congressmen ceded their time and just let that lawyer from the impeachment hearings ask all the questions and grill Barr over his actions.  I also wish I could testify with Jim Jordan asking me a question about anything.  My response would be, no matter what the questions was, "I am just grateful I never looked the other way while college athletes were sexually assaulted (and smile at him while saying it)".  I would actually donate quite a bit to a Go Fund Me just to get any witness to do that to Jordan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Fucking finally. Jordan played a nearly 5 minute video AFTER giving an opening rant that ran over 5 minutes long.

Nadler needs to control his committee. 

A dem on the committee should play a video of all the guys Gym Jordan overlooked getting raped talking about what they think about Gym Jordan for 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Bil Barr admits the only sentencing he has intervened in his time as AG was for Roger Stone

Yeah, he said he intervened because he wants to make sure they are being fair to the defendant.  You would think if that is such a big concern of his he would have intervened a lot of times during his tenure especially when minority defendants were unfairly treated when it came to sentencing.  Its a strange coincidence that the only time he intervened in a case was when it was high profile, a friend of the President, about illegal behavior possibly involving the President.  A solid piece of shit this guy is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah, he said he intervened because he wants to make sure they are being fair to the defendant.  You would think if that is such a big concern of his he would have intervened a lot of times during his tenure especially when minority defendants were unfairly treated when it came to sentencing.  Its a strange coincidence that the only time he intervened in a case was when it was high profile, a friend of the President, about illegal behavior possibly involving the President.  A solid piece of shit this guy is.

It’s not a coincidence. The trump administration is taking the mafia stance that yeah we commit multiple crimes every fucking day and I would like to see you do something about it. 

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

so Barr just said that he didn't agree with Stone's sentencing because he was a 67 year old man being sentenced to 8-9 years (not sure exactly).  oh fuck right off and die 

What the fuck?  Since when did someone's age play into the length of their sentence?  

I'm not a lawyer.  I'm an engineer.  As a professional, if I were involved in a legal matter where another engineer claimed "force = mass x velocity", I'd fucking laugh at him and call him a fraud who has no business in the business.

Barr claims an 8-9 year sentence for a 67 year old man is "unfair" and nothing happens.

Fuck the Democrats.  They are utterly spineless unfocused cucks.  The heavy lifting these days is being done by anti-Trump Republicans.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1

Any Republican at this hearing: "Is it true that all of these DEMOCRATIC run cities will lead to the end of the United States of America, western civilization and the way of life as we know it and that immigrants and people of color will come to the good Republican held places and kill everybody while they sleep?"

Bill Barr (in his whiny voice):  " well that is definitely a possibility"

Any Republican at this hearing: "I cede my time back to the chair"

Fox News Ticker tonight:  "Attorney General agrees that Democratic run cities could lead to the murder of millions of innocent people throughout the United States"

Congressman: "It is appropriate for a president or presidential candidate to solicit assistance from a foreign government during an election"

Barr: "Depends on what kind of assistance"

Congressman: "It is appropriate for a president or presidential candidate to solicit any kind of assistance from a foreign government during an election"

Barr: "No it's not appropriate"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What the fuck?  Since when did someone's age play into the length of their sentence?  

exactly and it shouldn't.  even then, would you not consider the crimes done IF you are taking age into consideration?  the mental gymnastics to explain that one away when I'm sure there are old people popped for way less shit serving harsher penalties.  

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not a lawyer.  I'm an engineer.  As a professional, if I were involved in a legal matter where another engineer claimed "force = mass x velocity", I'd fucking laugh at him and call him a fraud who has no business in the business.

Barr claims an 8-9 year sentence for a 67 year old man is "unfair" and nothing happens.

Fuck the Democrats.  They are utterly spineless unfocused cucks.  The heavy lifting these days is being done by anti-Trump Republicans.

Apparently we need AOC and Katie Porter to be on every single committee asking the questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

exactly and it shouldn't.  even then, would you not consider the crimes done IF you are taking age into consideration?  the mental gymnastics to explain that one away when I'm sure there are old people popped for way less shit serving harsher penalties.  

Barr's perspective quite literally skewers the legitimacy of a life sentence, as well as the death penalty.  He is saying that it is unfair to sentence someone given a reasonably high likelihood that they will die in prison.  Is that where he wants to hang his hat?  Our #1 attorney?  That's his angle?

For fuck's sake.

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Congressman: "It is appropriate for a president or presidential candidate to solicit assistance from a foreign government during an election"

Barr: "Depends on what kind of assistance"

Congressman: "It is appropriate for a president or presidential candidate to solicit any kind of assistance from a foreign government during an election"

Barr: "No it's not appropriate"

Did he actually say that? WTF

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Barr's perspective quite literally skewers the legitimacy of a life sentence, as well as the death penalty.  He is saying that it is unfair to sentence someone given a reasonably high likelihood that they will die in prison.  Is that where he wants to hang his hat?  Our #1 attorney?  That's his angle?

For fuck's sake.

lol exactly this. like I said, the mental gymnastics they're going to have to go through to undo that one stupid ass statement is going to be both hilarious and nauseating.

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

See video that was just posted. Yep

Barf and the republicans are in the fuck your pay me stage of things.

Soliciting foreign interference? Fuck you pay me.

Pardoning criminals because they’re too old? Fuck you, pay me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Lafayette Square

"The tactical considerations were made by the park police"

Park rangers don't fuck around.  Was fishing last year and we didn't know, but we were fishing outside of the designated area.  Park Rangers rolled up in full tactical gear, shot us with rubber bullets, tased us, and tossed us in the lake.

Just kidding, they politely asked us to move.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Park rangers don't fuck around.  Was fishing last year and we didn't know, but we were fishing outside of the designated area.  Park Rangers rolled up in full tactical gear, shot us with rubber bullets, tased us, and tossed us in the lake.

Just kidding, they politely asked us to move.

Second time today I LOL’d while reading this forum. Very well done!

In listening to the republicans in this hearing, who am I supposed to be afraid of the most right now?  Democrats running liberal cities?  Antifa?  MS-13?  I am really confused as apparently all of the above are coming to kill me.  How can I go about my day posting on Surly with all of this danger lurking outside my door?