Bill Barr, large dildo.

Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/17/2020 at 6:14 AM, Lobo said:

But one thing you cannot deny, and if you do---it's at your own peril, is that Barr is incredibly smart and crafty.  He knows exactly where the limits are and what it's like to operate several steps outside of those where people can't see you, but they can still see you.  

I fail to see how that jibes (JIBES, y'all hear that?  Not "jives.")  with his current actions.

Barr may be crafty and he may be smart  but I don’t see how he feels he benefits personally by being so close to Trump and supporting him. If he is so smart then surely he knows Trump is a liar and a cheat and by being such a part of him it makes Barr a liar and a cheat. 

Just now, Brandywine said:

Barr may be crafty and he may be smart  but I don’t see how he feels he benefits personally by being so close to Trump and supporting him. If he is so smart then surely he knows Trump is a liar and a cheat and by being such a part of him it makes Barr a liar and a cheat. 

You think Barr has a problem lying and cheating?  I'm pretty sure he has zero ethics and no conscience. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

He knows. He doesn't care. 

But when Bash, the now-former U.S. Attorney from West Texas, concluded his investigation recently, he came up so empty-handed Barr didn’t even announce it had ended. Indeed, Bash found no wrongdoing on the part of Obama, Biden, or others in their administration and finished his inquiry without pressing any charges, the Washington Post reported Tuesday. He left the DOJ last week, but neither he nor Barr discussed the results of his probe.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/trump-unmasking-probe-obama-biden-found-nothing

By PHILLIP HALPERN
OCT. 14, 2020
5:46 PM

After 36 years, I’m fleeing what was the U.S. Department of Justice — where I proudly served 19 different attorneys general and six different presidents. For the last three-plus decades, I have respected our leadership regardless of whether we were led by a Republican or a Democrat. I always believed the department’s past leaders were dedicated to the rule of law and the guiding principle that justice is blind. That is a bygone era, but it should not be forgotten.

Maybe I should’ve seen this coming, but like many of my colleagues, I fervently hoped that Attorney General William Barr’s preemptive misrepresentation of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report was an honest mistake or a solitary misstep — rather than a deliberate attempt to conceal potential presidential misconduct. After all, Barr has never actually investigated, charged or tried a case. He’s a well-trained bureaucrat but has no actual experience as a prosecutor.

Unfortunately, over the last year, Barr’s resentment toward rule-of-law prosecutors became increasingly difficult to ignore, as did his slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will in his selective meddling with the criminal justice system in the Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn and Roger Stone cases. In each of these cases, Barr overruled career prosecutors in order to assist the president’s associates and/or friends, who potentially harbor incriminating information. This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy.

There is no other honest explanation for Barr’s parroting of the president’s wild and unsupported conspiracy theories regarding mail-in ballots (which have been contradicted by the president’s handpicked FBI director) and his support for the president’s sacking of the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, whose office used the thinnest of veils to postpone charging the president in a criminal investigation along with Michael Cohen (who pled guilty and directly implicated the president). It took federal Judge Alvin Hellerstein to stop Barr’s unprecedented “retaliatory” demands to silence the president’s former lawyer as a condition for staying out of jail.

ADVERTISING

Similarly, it took federal Judge Reggie Walton (who sharply criticized Barr for a “lack of candor”) to at least temporarily stop Barr from dismissing all charges against Flynn, the president’s former national security adviser, who admitted lying to the FBI about conversations he had with the Russian ambassador. Rather than representing the interests of the American public, Barr chooses to act as Trump’s lap dog.

More recently, Barr directed federal officers to use tear gas in Lafayette Park to quell what were, at that time, peaceful protesters. Barr’s assertion the square was not cleared due to the president’s desire for a Bible-carrying photo op is laughable. It is certainly a case that Barr would lose before a jury (again, though, this may not be clear to him due to his unfamiliarity with jury trials).

Barr also turned his back on the rule of law by supporting the president’s selective use of federal troops to assault citizens protesting the killing of George Floyd in Portland, Oregon. Yet he stood silently by when armed right-wing protesters stormed the Michigan state Capitol building to protest the Democratic governor’s public health orders.

Barr’s longest-running politicization of the Justice Department is the Durham investigation — a quixotic pursuit designed to attack the president’s political rivals. Confirming his scorn for honest apolitical prosecutors, Barr refers to some as “headhunters” who pursue “ill-conceived charges against prominent political figures.” It does not appear to be a coincidence that all of these prominent political figures happen to be friends of the president. However, if I’m a headhunter because I charged and convicted disgraced local House members Duncan D. Hunter and Randy “Duke” Cunningham, so be it. It’s a badge that I will wear with honor.

I remained in government service this past year at least partly because I was concerned that the department would interfere with the Hunter prosecution in my absence. Unfortunately, many of my colleagues without such a rationale appear to have started abandoning Barr’s ship. Equally troubling, highly qualified lawyers appear to be unwilling to apply to be federal prosecutors while Barr remains at the helm. Yet, as I leave government service, I take great comfort in the fact that the career people who remain in the Department of Justice are firmly committed to the rule of law, and are some of the most dedicated, ethical and industrious individuals we have in government. At times like these, I take heart in knowing that they are all committed to preserving and rebuilding the Department of Justice that I was privileged to serve.

Halpern was an assistant U.S. attorney for 36 years in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Diego. He is a resident of Mission Hills.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

So after trump loses and Barr is given the boot when and where do we hold the tar and feathering of that worthless piece of shit? 

Cynical me thinks Barr will find ways to monetize his time as AG....which makes me even more angry.

• Like 1

Cynical me thinks Barr will find ways to monetize his time as AG....which makes me even more angry.

That’s why there needs to be a concerted - and entirely legal - dedicated effort to ruin each and every one of these fuckers.

Law firm hires Barr? They should be destroyed in the public eye. Businesses that use that firm should be boycotted until they dump the firm. He should be booed whenever he shows his face in public. People should go up to him at restaurants and call him a malevolent cocksucker.

Betrayal of our country carries a fucking price, shitbags. Your life should be as ruined as you ruined the country. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

At least Barr didn't entertain Trump's outlandish claims that he was the victim of the greatest political crime in American history.  

I'll think of that fondly when Barr is murdered by his own staffers in 2023.  

I think back to Nuremberg (I've been cycled through this planet quite a few times).  Every defendant, to a man, claimed one of three things:

1.  It was the fog of war...I was under incredible duress.  

2.  I didn't realize the scope of what was happening.  We were compartmentalized, we had no idea what was really happening across the continent. 

3.  I was just following orders.  The person above me was truly to blame.

In a different version of my country...after claiming one or more of these absurdist excuses...we would make use of the standard drop method on some of these men.  

Upon the ashes of your idiocy, my children shall build a better Republic.  You're welcome to join their effort or you can eat a bag of shit for your sins against Christ & Country. 

Edited by Lobo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Eff him? Fuck him - literally fuck him to death.  Can't wait til this POS gets his too.  He's gonna be living out his days known as a grifting POS with a legacy known only for blowing trump.  Can't wait til he dies.  My liver shudders but it will be ok.  Let's do this Billy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I've long since given up on any idea that these fucker will face any consequences, much less the actual justice they deserve and the country needs.

Trump and his immediate clan will be fucked hard by NY's state AG.  Barr is not as dumb and has done just enough to keep his own fat ass out of jail, no matter how unethical it was...he knows where that line is. 

My first measure of justice is that NY needs to have an indictment drawn up to drop immediately upon his leaving office, and fuck public opinion of that. I doubt they need more info to have probable cause of at least one felony. What do you think are the odds (real question, not being an asshole )?

• Hook 'Em 2

Look - It's the Senate's fault.  They signed on to all this bullshit when they  confirmed him knowing full well the bullshit he was spewing. Did they think he would take it this far? No. Of course not, but that just means they are both stupid and incompetent.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Trump and his immediate clan will be fucked hard by NY's state AG.  Barr is not as dumb and has done just enough to keep his own fat ass out of jail, no matter how unethical it was...he knows where that line is. 

He’s gonna test that line.

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If someone gives him the idea he will.  What a dipshit.  Will go down as the dumbest President by a country mile.  Total clown.  

I agree.  Just wondering about the optics.  This is the whitest sporting event on the sports calendar outside of the Kentucky Derby.

7 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Reported by NYT tonight:  the Justice Department official who oversees investigations of voter fraud, Richard Pilger, resigned from the post within hours today after Barr announced his inquiry citing it “abrogates a forty year old non-interference policy.”

anything to maintain power for these cons.  Hard not to see things escalating, as has been anticipated.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, deech said:

Look - It's the Senate's fault.  They signed on to all this bullshit when they  confirmed him knowing full well the bullshit he was spewing. Did they think he would take it this far? No. Of course not, but that just means they are both stupid and incompetent.

I disagree that they are both stupid and incompetent: they knew exactly how far he would take it and are completely fine with it. How else would they hold on to power? This is what they are going to do and they are going to destroy as much as they can because they know four years is NOT going to be enough for Biden & Co. to repair the damage wrought. Add in the pandemic and economic forecasts and thinking about how long it took Obama to get things started, the back up plan will be in place to swoop in and finish the job because Biden likely won't run for a second term. They profited off of Obama's policies, installed who and what they needed in the courts, and have (or will have) been able to deep six career officials who may never return for public service. With the EO taking center stage, the oligarchy will be complete. Barr has always been on board with this, he's always been who he is from the time he worked for Meece and later with Bush. One can either be relieved that he is smart enough to not completely fuck up the country from the start of his appointment even though he's evil or be relieved that Trump didn't appoint someone from his usual 'talent' pool that kowtowed to him immediately. That is why I think they are smart and know exactly what they are doing--they had the numbers for confirmation so they could've rubber stamped anyone, but they didn't.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The amount of corruption in Barr's DOJ is staggering

The good news is that the DOJ is by far mostly civil servants, rather than political appointees. 

The political appointees will cycle out with administrations, along with most of the corruption.

The same would be true of most executive departments and agencies.  The one that's worrisome, though, is State.  That department has been actively gutted and there is far less employment "fluidity" among diplomatic types than legal types.  That is, DOJ employees can come and go pretty much at will between private and public sectors.  I think a lot of State people are gone forever.  Maybe I am wrong there.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:48 PM, conVINCEd said:

Have you taken a gander at Augusta Nationals membership?

Missed this.  Yeah I have, but they understand the sponsorship game these days.  I’d guess they’d do the right thing for the wrong reason.  

Moral of the story - fuck Bill Barr.  

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Yes, but a lot of these statutes haven’t ran, yet. Barr may have quashed a few things, but nobody’s out of the woods

That is one huge benefit of no second term for Trump.  A second term would have run the statutes on most federal offenses.

That is, providing there is no tolling.  I wouldn't expect tolling of the statute for anyone but the President.  But I think a tolling in consideration of "sitting President immunity" is a necessary corollary of that immunity.

12 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

@TwiceHorn is there any chance Barr has to actually face the music during a Biden admin?

I think doubtful.

I don't have the whole catalog of offenses in front of me, but as has been noted, he has probably toed the line on actual criminality pretty well.

And that's assuming the Biden administration decides to go hard in the paint, so to speak.

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Conspiracy to obstruct justice seems like Barr’s favorite crime.  He basically put it on his job application. 

Nonetheless, his acts of obstruction are sufficiently "consistent" with his prerogatives as AG that he probably escapes prosecution.

And he's not stupid enough to go on national tv and tell Lester Holt all about it.