How? How has it come to this?

NTVTXN

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I know.  I know.  Regretting it now.

But why? Why are you regretting writing it?  
I mean I get it/ It sucks- but Brother, you ain’t wrong. And THAT’S why it sucks.

Fuck it- Throw the $$$ at Urban. Let’s go.

And whoever wants to bitch, just remember the last time you saw a “Horns down” in a game that didn’t involve Texas. Probably today, right? I did my subject myself to any football today/ so I saw it last week during the Baylor /ou game. I’m really tired of seeing it. Of course it’d be a lot less irritating if Texas didn’t suck.   So, I say Fuck that. Let’s go win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

We ain't mad. Nothing but love. But ship and natty and maybe next year are trademarks at texags.

“Ship” and “Natty”...yeah, most definitely gay...and SO fucking aggy. My bad. 
I am so fucking tired of seeing  the football for which I root just flat out suck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradWilcox said:

Why do posters want to claim they're drunk we everyone here knows they aren't? If you were truthfully drunk you wouldn't be on the internet. 

Some of us are functional alcoholics. Well, those of us that follow Texas football.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

There obviously is something to this.    All I could think of watching that game was how in the fuck no one was saying anything about how Baylor ended up at 1-11.   The announcers were all about how they had battled back from adversity and should be commended for doing so.  Not a single mention of the lenient treatment that institution got.  The real story here is that you can obviously get away with murder (Bliss) and rape and no one cares. 

Cheating in recruiting negative recruiting, scheduling patsies, allowing or aiding improprieties, nothing matters.   Not just football, but other sports as well.  KU and their basketball mess for example.

The NCAA is toothless and everyone knows it.   I don't like the idea of bending/breaking rules, but if no one else is going to be punished then why do we enter this gunfight with a knife?

But then, even if we did cheat ALOT, it wouldn't overcome the horrendous coaching we have endured for over a decade now.

I was talking to a couple of UT fans about this. There are two schools with massive scandals (Baylor, PSU) in recent history that are light years ahead of out program. Jeff Luhnow is going to be free soon, Just get him in as AD.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I may have.  I'm pretty sure, in my drunken stupor, I just asked for this ONE  thing on the 4th down play.  

You  probably thought all you'd have to do is spend eternity in hell. Little did you know you were going to have to suffer thru a Never-ending Tom Herman Shitstorm. We are so fucked.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Mad. Disgusted. Embarrassed.

We are laughed at nationally (football and basketball) and must admit that something is broken across the entire Athletic Dept.

Kansas will win the conference in basketball. I was at MSG for the two games against G'town and Cal; same old stupid game plan---live and die with the 3's.

And ou will certainly win conference again. It's beyond me how we are so bad. Last year was a fluke.

2 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

Mad. Disgusted. Embarrassed.

We are laughed at nationally (football and basketball) and must admit that something is broken across the entire Athletic Dept.

Kansas will win the conference in basketball. I was at MSG for the two games against G'town and Cal; same old stupid game plan---live and die with the 3's.

And ou will certainly win conference again. It's beyond me how we are so bad. Last year was a fluke.

This shit right here. 
No other way to put it. 
It SUCKS. 

Aww shucks attitude 

Nobody within this program cares. Urban called Herman’s bitchass out and he did nothing on offense this entire week to change it. Nobody cares that we’re the laughing stock of CFB and a symbol for underachievement. This program is infested with “who gives a fuck”  -itus and personally I’m worn out. Fuck this team and fuck this program 

• Like 2

Just now, HornsOverIthaca said:

It doesn’t have to be Craig James.  You’d be surprised how many great leaders strangle the occasional prostitute, homeless person, drug addict, and/or jack in the box employee.  It’s just not widely reported.

Is the Green River Killer available?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

It doesn’t have to be Craig James.  You’d be surprised how many great leaders strangle the occasional prostitute, homeless person, drug addict, and/or jack in the box employee.  It’s just not widely reported.

They’re just doing their part to rid the world of the “trash”. 
Well, maybe not the jack in the box employee - I mean who else is going to make my tacos at midnight? 
(just kidding I can’t eat that shit anymore, I’m fucking 50- Things change, Man...)

3 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Best comparison I can make is the Cowboys. Living off historical success. Just enough recent “success” to keep hope alive. Large fan base that buys lots and lots of merchandise. It’s a vicious cycle. 

Wtf are you talking about? Why does every stupid poster keeps spreading this stupid reason? 

Texas athletic revenues were 212 million last year, Ohio state and Aggy were also around 210 and 205 million. OU and Bama had revenues of 185 million. Texas isn't making way more money by any stretch of the imagination but sure as hell losing a lot more. 

This we're the Joneses needs to die because when you make almost the same amount of money as everyone else and lose a lot more the meme should be we're the Losers. With a capital L.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, hornhorn said:

Wtf are you talking about? Why does every stupid poster keeps spreading this stupid reason? 

Texas athletic revenues were 212 million last year, Ohio state and Aggy were also around 210 and 205 million. OU and Bama had revenues of 185 million. Texas isn't making way more money by any stretch of the imagination but sure as hell losing a lot more. 

This we're the Joneses needs to die because when you make almost the same amount of money as everyone else and lose a lot more the meme should be we're the Losers. With a capital L.

Zero disagreement here. Tell Bellmont, not me.

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Imagine going 1-11 to 10-1 In a span it took us to win 10 games total. With is what considered to be far less talent and less talented recruiting area. 

My imagination is not forced or strained as everyone we play seems to be better than us.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I was talking to a couple of UT fans about this. There are two schools with massive scandals (Baylor, PSU) in recent history that are light years ahead of out program. Jeff Luhnow is going to be free soon, Just get him in as AD.

Yeah.  Win by tanking and developing the farm system and high draft picks!

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Bad hires kill a program.  We've made two really bad hires in a row.  

We hired Boom and Shark Boy.   And yet, we are getting back slowly to a point where we see the level of competitiveness we had before as a real possibility in a few more years. 

And it is all on the Head Coach.   

36 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Rather than always blaming the coach as a bad hire just maybe it's those he decides to surround himself with. Rather than firing Tom as many as well as me have suggested why not force him to replace key elements of his staff with more competent assistants? If he refuses THEN fire him!

• Fuck You 3

18 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I’m sure it’s been asked, but how does this team go from winning the damn Sugar Bowl one year, (don’t give me the Georgia didn’t want to be there shit) to just shitting the bed the next? 

Nevermind.  I know...and yeah @Irish Wrist Watch I agree- We’re royally fucked. 

Can't lose sight of the fact that we got into the Sugar Bowl as a 4 loss team. 

20 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I want to be feared.  I’ve had just about enough of this classy paddycake bullshit.  The team needs to be feared from the raping, pillaging and destroying they are doing on the field.  Instead, we talk about class and respect.  Fuck that, I want to fucking win.

Win? That's a might powerful word! So how do you propose this year's team pull that off? I understand injuries. Everybody has injuries. I understand being a young team. Lot's of those around too! New coaching staff? No so can't use that excuse. So putting it all together how does someone explain this current shitshow? I explain it by saying poor coaching and poor play calling. Tom butting his head on helmets ain't doing a damn thing for me. Even that's laughable. We already know he can't do any damage with a sledge hammer.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No, you have the intellect and insult game of a 7th grader.   Surly's association of dysfunctional assholes demands more.

So do I need to do more swearing? More pretending to be drunk while posting? Insulting new posters by calling them aggy trolls? Acting like an illiterate jackass? Hey,  I'm willing to conform if that's what it takes.

• Fuck You 2

19 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

But why? Why are you regretting writing it?  
I mean I get it/ It sucks- but Brother, you ain’t wrong. And THAT’S why it sucks.

Fuck it- Throw the $$$ at Urban. Let’s go.

And whoever wants to bitch, just remember the last time you saw a “Horns down” in a game that didn’t involve Texas. Probably today, right? I did my subject myself to any football today/ so I saw it last week during the Baylor /ou game. I’m really tired of seeing it. Of course it’d be a lot less irritating if Texas didn’t suck.   So, I say Fuck that. Let’s go win.

I was watching the TCU at OU game last night and at the very end caught a quick glimpse of a OU player throwing the Horns down. Didn't get his number or name and have no desire to watch their replay to find out but did see it so yeah it still happens. I heard it has something to do with freedom of speech and freedom of expression. It's no different than calling them Chokelahoma or calling the aggy a aggy.

• Fuck You 1