MNF: Ravens @ Rams

spystud13

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Jackson has 29 yards passing.  24 of them on 18 and 6 yard TDs.

Ingram is a man on fire.  LOLz.

Lamar makes you think of so much on D, Ingram is getting lanes to run like never before...he didn't become really damn good all of a sudden after almost a decade in the league.  He went from above avg to looking unstoppable win this scheme. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lamar makes you think of so much on D, Ingram is getting lanes to run like never before...he didn't become really damn good all of a sudden almost a decade in the league.  He went from above avg to looking unstoppable win this scheme. 

yeah, rereading my post, I didn't intend to make it sound like Ingram is the engine making that offense go.  It is absolutely Jackson.  They just produce some weird ass, video game stats.

19 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Why didn't Lamar go higher in the draft? He's a badass.

Because he isn't the prototype of what NFL GMs think a QB should be. I.e. tall, white and a big arm. All offseason we had to listen how great Darnold, Allen and Rosen were. When none of them were even that impressive in college. The media and GMs treated Jackson like he was a nobody and his name was trashed. Some thought he was just a RB/WR. Hell, people were trashing him last year when all he did was win. Lamar Jackson is light years better than all those other QBs in that draft class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because he isn't the prototype of what NFL GMs think a QB should be. I.e. tall, white and a big arm. All offseason we had to listen how great Darnold, Allen and Rosen were. When none of them were even that impressive in college. The media and GMs treated Jackson like he was a nobody and his name was trashed. Some thought he was just a RB/WR. Hell, people were trashing him last year when all he did was win. Lamar Jackson is light years better than all those other QBs in that draft class.

Yet the #1 pick in the 2019 draft was a young black QB about 5'10"...

Weird.

Lamar makes you think of so much on D, Ingram is getting lanes to run like never before...he didn't become really damn good all of a sudden after almost a decade in the league.  He went from above avg to looking unstoppable win this scheme. 

He was better than "above average" with the Saints. Payton just always limited his carries to the point where he wasn't putting up top end numbers. He was fantastic in New Orleans and I wish they still had him.

But your point is still true. A running threat QB opens up so much for the RB.

20 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

One day after a Pitt Guy lunch in NYC, at the Big East Tournament, there was a group of us standing around at the bar shooting the shit and Dave Wannstedt was one of the fellows there. After a lot of stories and such I asked Wanny the question, "who was the offensive player that was the hardest for you, as a defensive-minded coach and DC, to game plan against?".

He thought for a moment and then answered, "Brett Favre and Barry Sanders". He then narrowed it down to Favre and his reasoning was that with Sanders you at least had the idea of his starting point on each play. With Favre he could take broken plays and do so much with the ball.

Jackson reminds me of Favre in that he makes things happen in many different ways, like Favre. If he stays healthy he will be a lot of fun to watch this next decade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

He was better than "above average" with the Saints. Payton just always limited his carries to the point where he wasn't putting up top end numbers. He was fantastic in New Orleans and I wish they still had him.

But your point is still true. A running threat QB opens up so much for the RB.

Totally agree...didn't mean it as a knock on him.  Could have been putting up much bigger numbers in a more traditional 'feature back' offense. 

Just now, TexasGolf said:

ET and Tucker getting rings. Who can stop this other than injuries ?

It’s football and the super bowl is a still a couple months out. Less than two months ago this team got crushed by the Browns and barely beat the Bengals, Steelers, and Cardinals.

I’d agree they are favorites but they aren’t a lock for anything.