Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria

Hugo Stiglitz

Man, I hate all this shit. I don't want to be there, I don't want to be lobbing cruise missiles into the scene. But I have a hard time holding that line against much resistance when we are talking about this motherfucker using chemical weapons on his own people. 

Man, I hate all this shit. I don't want to be there, I don't want to be lobbing cruise missiles into the scene. But I have a hard time holding that line against much resistance when we are talking about this motherfucker using chemical weapons on his own people. 

I feel you. I do.

But remember when we were told that we had to vote against Hillary because she’d just attack folks Willy nilly? It was a good criticism. I think we should follow the constitution.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I feel you. I do.

But remember when we were told that we had to vote against Hillary because she’d just attack folks Willy nilly? It was a good criticism. I think we should follow the constitution.

nah, man, that ship has sailed. congress has capitulated. they did so a LOOOONG time ago.

i agree with you in principle. but in this current political climate, i cannot fault these strikes. i agree with anastasis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

you talking about trump or Putin?

the idea that putin doesn't have a long term strategy is laughable. he doesn't act like a toddler. he acts like the alien in the movie of the same name. he pushes boundaries, and fucks shit up when its clear that he has the upper hand. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

They were. Ever try to control a toddler? It works fine...till he goes full petulant toddler.

They’re both kinda petulant toddlers. Putin is just experienced at lashing out and more sophisticated at petty vindictiveness.

The CW attack probably has something to do with the crippling Russian sanctions imposed.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the idea that putin doesn't have a long term strategy is laughable. he doesn't act like a toddler. he acts like the alien in the movie of the same name. he pushes boundaries, and fucks shit up when its clear that he has the upper hand. 

The idea that putin never acts impulsively is laughable imo. He is not Machiavelli. Or even Makaveli for that matter

Looks like our tax dollars were used to blow up a Damascan apartment complex tonight. 

Odds that a Trump pal owns a rival apartment complex, and now the rent’s going up?

I kid, I kid...kind of.
Oh, good. We're going to war.

I’m very much afraid of this.

It’s all fun and games till a US destroyer in the Gulf gets sunk.

Just now, Sawbonz said:

The idea that putin never acts impulsively is laughable imo. He is not Machiavelli. Or even Makaveli for that matter

okay, let me be clear. he acts impulsively, yes. but he never acts irrationally impulsively. he is in power at the leisure of a shit-ton of oligarchs. he acts in their interests. the ukraine thing was not only a show of russian geopolitical power, it was an economic move as well.

he puts far more thought into his impulses than we do, even before the impulse in chief became president.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He’s nowhere near any target.

Whatever he loses in terms of hardware, he gains in added support from Russia and Iran. We knock out a pawn, he’s moving around knights and bishops.

to be fair, assad is the knight or bishop.

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s the Hans Gruber of leaders.  Kinda smart, gets all emo when things go wrong, and not much more than a common theif/thug.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

okay, let me be clear. he acts impulsively, yes. but he never acts irrationally impulsively. he is in power at the leisure of a shit-ton of oligarchs. he acts in their interests. the ukraine thing was not only a show of russian geopolitical power, it was an economic move as well.

he puts far more thought into his impulses than we do, even before the impulse in chief became president.

I would agree he is careful setting up the chess board. But once moves start being made he’s no master

You believe that lie?
  • Like 1

I inappropriately posted this in another thread, but I can't seem to shake the feeling:

Ugh. I'm no Nostradamus, but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach I haven't felt since 'shock and awe' in Iraq.

I'm going to just keep watching 'The Iron Giant' with my 10yo son...

At 0200 UK time on 14 April, British forces joined close Allies in a precision strike on Syrian installations involved in the regime’s use of chemical weapons against its own people. The strike was launched as a response to the chemical weapon attack on 7 April in Douma which killed up to 75 people, including young children; a significant body of information, including intelligence, indicates that the Syrian regime was responsible for this latest attack.

Edited by rpspeed