2018 Texas Rangers thread

BigDHornfan

23 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

I have the same feeling, and I don’t know why. There’s no inherent reason for it. Is it because we’ve tasted some success so it sucks now that it’s fallen away? Or because we have a decent payroll that’s underperforming as opposed to the Eddie Chiles days? Or is it something else?

Other teams could hit and be competitive we dont look competitive at all

But probably is a little bit of having some success recently and then just falling off a cliff

12 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Other teams could hit and be competitive we dont look competitive at all

But probably is a little bit of having some success recently and then just falling off a cliff

Higher expectations for sure, but also, we've been accustomed to major off seasons moves (for good or bad) that indicate that we were in contention. And other than Calhoun we don't have we don't have alot to e excited for in the minors. the last few years, we've had Gallo, Profar, Brinson, Perez, ect.....

Even last year, when we sucked it was still cool to watch Gallo, and the huge mprovement of Andrus. And Beltre's chase to 3,000

Higher expectations for sure, but also, we've been accustomed to major off seasons moves (for good or bad) that indicate that we were in contention. And other than Calhoun we don't have we don't have alot to e excited for in the minors. the last few years, we've had Gallo, Profar, Brinson, Perez, ect.....

Even last year, when we sucked it was still cool to watch Gallo, and the huge mprovement of Andrus. And Beltre's chase to 3,000
I think we were all in on Ohtani and if we landed him, we would have been serious about making moves. Probably bring Yu back as well. The front office went all in on him and said if we don't get him, there is no backup plan.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Read more  

I think we were all in on Ohtani and if we landed him, we would have been serious about making moves. Probably bring Yu back as well. The front office went all in on him and said if we don't get him, there is no backup plan.

Good point. I think you're are correct about ohtani. Maybe it was ohtani or rebuild 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

This is a fact.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ready for Aaron mayette, rob bell, Kevin gross, John Burkett, roger pavlik, rick helling, and Ryan drese. 

Now we're talking.  Seasoned vets like Dave Burba, Scott Erickson, Mark Clark, Mike Morgan, and Pedro Astacio will provide a boost down the stretch.