Souf Carolina Gametime Thread

Zonahorn

It is going to be real interesting to see how this turns out.  Biden could leave South Carolina with (a) the most pledged delegates and (b) the most votes nationwide. 

If he gives a good victory speech, he could start really pulling in the money from the big cigars.

Of course, his typical speech could kill any momentum he otherwise might have generated.

From the 2020 primary thread...

OK so here was my Thursday guess...

Biden - 35%
Bernie - 19%
Steyer - 17%
Warren - 12%
Buttigieg - 9%
Klobuchar - 8%

If I was to change it, I'd move Biden (to low 40s) up a lot and Bernie up a little (to low 20s) and would have Steyer still #3 but 5 points lower.

My heart wants BERNIE - 100%, of course

Reminder that like every exit poll underestimated the the youth turnout.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It is going to be real interesting to see how this turns out.  Biden could leave South Carolina with (a) the most pledged delegates and (b) the most votes nationwide. 

Bernie would have to be below 15% to not get any state-level delegates, it could happen but I don't think it's likely.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You realize these are Democrats that are voting and if Bern has trouble turning out Democrats then that's not good, right?

Literally my sister and her husband live in Columbia and do not show up to vote in the general because Democrats have no chance in hell in presidential years. This is a poll one state.

Edited by GSU&UT

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Literally my sister and her husband live in Columbia and do not show up to vote in the general because Democrats have no chance in hell in presidential years. This is a poll one state.

You can make the same case for Texas

You all realize that's in South Carolina, a state that is 100% going to go red in November right?

So is your state. So is my state. So is Texas.

So don’t start with this bullshittery.

Are Democrats supposed to just tell us blue dots in red states they don’t matter?

That garbage narrative plays right in line with the Republican false narrative of “Democrats don’t care about anyone but coastal elites!”.

As my man Beto always says, “Go everywhere. Engage with everyone. Don’t write anyone off.”.

You never know what could happen.

Every single “pundit” on this board - save me and two others - swore up and down and bet the farm that Doug Jones would lose in 2017.

Democrats in red states matter. Brushing off the Democratic primary results in red states is counterproductive and honestly smacks of sour grapes coming from the Bernie camp.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Are Democrats supposed to just tell us blue dots in red states they don’t matter?

That garbage narrative plays right in line with the Republican false narrative of “Democrats don’t care about anyone but coastal elites!”.

As my man Beto always says, “Go everywhere. Engage with everyone. Don’t write anyone off.”.

Every single “pundit” on this board - save me and two others - swore up and down and bet the farm that Doug Jones would lose in 2017.

Democrats in red states matter. Brushing off the Democratic primary results in red states is counterproductive and honestly smacks of sour grapes coming from the Bernie camp.

Thank you. 

Am I supposed to ignore the fact that we're in striking distance of taking the House in the TX Lege? Or that Virginia went from red to purplish blue?

Fuck off with the idea of abandoning SEC country. 

Bernie's fucking problem is the same one he's had. When he's got to win a majority of black voters he can't. 

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Cool? Do i have control over everyone that is a Bernie supporter? Me and every Bernie supporter i know in real life is voting for the nominee regardless. It's freakung February still, we have a long way to go it appears. I think Biden gets smoked by Trump but I'll vote for his senile ass regardless.