2020-2021 NCAA (maybe???) basketball season thread

Pancho

5 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Prepare yourself.  Ruined might be a bit strong, but we'll likely see a forfeit or a team with only 5-6 players get beat by an inferior squad. I'll just be happy if I get to watch some March Madness. It's the COVID tournament with no Duke or Kentucky, possibly no Kansas or Virginia.  Shame for Gonzaga if they finally put it all together and have to have an asterisk. But I suspect not one single Spokanite will care. I sure wouldn't. The only truly ruinous thing that could happen would be if the FF got derailed. I don't care if it's Purdue, Rutgers, Liberty and Clemson.  Just give me my one shining moment.

I have never seen an asterisk next to a champion’s name, only next to a blank space. 

If Gonzaga wins the tournament, they will be the champs. 

I am fully onboard The Fighting Juwan Howards’ bandwagon if The Fighting Shaka Smarts don’t win it all. 

Would have loved having Howard teach Sims & Jones how to work the High-Low Post. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Akron/Buffalo(CBSSN) about to head to OT if Buff doesn't hit a game winner with 1.1 left. 

And we have OT after Buffalo made a horrible turnover under the Akron goal giving the Zips a chance to win in regulation and they had a good look.  

Edited by Underdog

Michigan's Senior (and leader) Isaiah Livers is done for the year with a broken foot. This is a huge blow to Michigan and their chances in the tourney. Going to be tough to replace his ball handling, and 3 point shooting as well as losing a dude who has been with the team for 4 years and went to the championship game already. 

• Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Michigan's Senior (and leader) Isaiah Livers is done for the year with a broken foot. This is a huge blow to Michigan and their chances in the tourney. Going to be tough to replace his ball handling, and 3 point shooting as well as losing a dude who has been with the team for 4 years and went to the championship game already. 

Agreed but, it's Michigan, so I take a perverse pleasure in their troubles.

6 hours ago, Juicy said:

Probably never got an "ONIONS!" from Raf. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Yep.  Ohio State having nice run.  Leading 53-43  2nd 9:06

I could make a wisecrack that I was wrong and Michigan isn’t hanging with Ohio State but I’m a realist and maybe a little bit of a pessimist in order to counter my implicit bias. I assume the game will be close at the end, just like it was during their regular season game. I don’t know the stats but I’d bet the Bucks had the lead for most of the time in both games. Michigan was just raining threes in Columbus. It was heartbreaking. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I could make a wisecrack that I was wrong and Michigan isn’t hanging with Ohio State but I’m a realist and maybe a little bit of a pessimist in order to counter my implicit bias. I assume the game will be close at the end, just like it was during their regular season game. I don’t know the stats but I’d bet the Bucks had the lead for most of the time in both games. Michigan was just raining threes in Columbus. It was heartbreaking. 

Well, Buckeyes are looking good with 13 point lead with about 4 minutes left.

7 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Well, Buckeyes are looking good with 13 point lead with about 4 minutes left.

Yeah, I’m betting you didn’t watch the Minnesota and Purdue games. You’d be surprised by how easily they can let a lead slip away. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I’m betting you didn’t watch the Minnesota and Purdue games. You’d be surprised at how easily they can let a lead slip away. 

Haven’t seen Buckeyes play but looks like #32 is trying to give the game away to Michigan.