2020-2021 NCAA (maybe???) basketball season thread

Pancho

On 2/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, Blotto said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

No Duke, UNC, UK, or KU. Strange year. Surprised we only dropped 7 spots, but I guess everyone not named Baylor or Gonzaga is having up and down seasons due to the 'Rona. 

I think Duke lost again last night. This time to Notre Dame, at Duke.

12 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Thanks for posting, looking forward to see how they pull this off.  Are conference tourneys still planned?  Personally, believe they shouldn't be held. 

Haven't heard much on the topic - as usual, will be conference-specific.  I don't think they should be held either - too much chance of something going wrong at a pivotal time.  It'll suck for those bid stealers who get hot late, but it is what it is.  

Of course, Bob Bowelsby had a lot to say on it: https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/baylor-bears/2021/02/09/while-the-big-12-marches-toward-its-conference-tournament-bob-bowlsby-knows-covid-19-will-have-the-final-say/

He doesn't think there will be opt-outs by teams comfortably in the tournament.  He apparently hasn't met Baylor.   They are going to keep that #1 seed come hell or highwater by avoiding games.  

At this point, a conference tournament has no real upside and a hell of a lot of risks that key players and coaches end up in COVID protocol and miss out on a first or second round game.

• Like 1