2020-2021 NCAA (maybe???) basketball season thread

Pancho

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Oral Roberts nearly blew a 25-point halftime lead, but they're going to hold on and go dancing.

They did blow the lead. NDSU tied it. ORU managed to take it back, just barely. First tourney in 13 years.

Edited by 'stache

Ahh fuck. Hell of a comeback. ORU looked immortal first half. Sucks it came down to the guy being 1-12, 8-41 in the tournament handling the ball and not even getting an decent look

Also why heave it 3 quarters court with 2.2?? Any pass to a guy running in stride gets a decent look after a few dribbles. Coach probably should’ve saved the timeout

Most of NDSU will be back next year so the Rocky Kreuser legend will live on

9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I didn’t have a ticket for the finals that day and in the hotel lobby I was asking around some of the Pitt administrators and staff if anyone had an extra ticket. One of the assistant coach’s wives tried to sell me their free tickets. Coach Evans, who I knew a bit, saw that and gave me his. So I was at center court for that game, about 10 rows up. In my stack of pictures, somewhere in the house, there is a picture of Ray Allen in the air hitting that shot.

That night was amazing. The Old Big East Tournament was an incredible scene. The best sporting events I have ever been able to attend. I attended 29 consecutive Big East Tournaments.

While I have been to the ACC Tournament since we switched conferences, and numerous NCAA tournaments nothing compares to the Big East in Madison Square Garden.

And another thing, since, and counting that win, UConn has won six Big East Tournaments and I think they have a good shot this year too.

Georgetown has won one BET since that night. The Hoyas won six BETs in the 1980s, and just one since 1989.

I think that was also the season that Calipari took UMass to the Final Four, beating up on the Hoyas in the regional final. I think that was the last gasp for Georgetown as far as being a threat to win a national title.

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

You can tell who does and doesn't want to play.  There's no doubt Duke and TAM would be putting out much more effort if they had decent teams.

Agree with A&M, but Duke had a real shot at getting in if they could have beaten FSU today. This was nothing more than a fuck-up on their part (specifically, not participating in the bubble and choosing to return to Durham).

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Agree with A&M, but Duke had a real shot at getting in if they could have beaten FSU today. This was nothing more than a fuck-up on their part (specifically, not participating in the bubble and choosing to return to Durham).

I'd consider that if Coach K hadn't been a pussy all season and Oats should've never apologized for correctly calling him out.  If they were better, I truly believe they would've been more careful.

Edited by Don Johnson

2 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

I'd consider that if Coach K hadn't been a pussy all season and Oats should've never apologized for correctly calling him out.

No doubt that he was a little bitch during the regular season. Right now, though, they absolutely had a chance to make a run and just plain blew it.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ahh fuck. Hell of a comeback. ORU looked immortal first half. Sucks it came down to the guy being 1-12, 8-41 in the tournament handling the ball and not even getting an decent look

Also why heave it 3 quarters court with 2.2?? Any pass to a guy running in stride gets a decent look after a few dribbles. Coach probably should’ve saved the timeout

Most of NDSU will be back next year so the Rocky Kreuser legend will live on

Maybe.  2.2 isn't 4.8 though

Shame about the injury issue with VU at the moment, was penciling them in as a FF team. 

Sparty lost to Maryland, hurt their chances for a ticket?  I know they just beat Michigan last weekend. 

And with UK and Duke out of the picture, would love to see teams like Siena/Belmont steal a bid.  

Edited by Underdog