Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

They went to all digital tickets at the CWS this year and it really fucked with scalpers right outside the stadium.  Last time I went to the CWS for the non UT games I just picked up a ticket outside the stadium right before the game.  I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for one.  This year I had to buy them all off of the scalping sites and pay their ridiculous service fees. It made it a lot more expensive.   I bet it will be the same way at the football games this year.

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They went to all digital tickets at the CWS this year and it really fucked with scalpers right outside the stadium.  Last time I went to the CWS for the non UT games I just picked up a ticket outside the stadium right before the game.  I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for one.  This year I had to buy them all off of the scalping sites and pay their ridiculous service fees. It made it a lot more expensive.   I bet it will be the same way at the football games this year.

This is one of the two things I hate about the electronic tix.

1 - Physical tickets give you a piece of memorabilia.

2 - The secondary market for tickets is efficient.  You say "scalpers" and some people get all up in arms about price gouging or whatever.  But the truth is there is real efficiency to what those folks do.  Tickets are readily available for those who want/need to go to the secondary market and pricing is generally pretty efficient.  It's easy to see if there is a lot of inventory and prices get adjusted accordingly.  The best part is that the buyer is not burdened with some bullshit transaction costs that are there to enrich a third party.  Buyer and seller are directly connected.  Now with the electronic tickets, I'm not going to give cash to someone to forward me an email with a link and then risk getting to the gate to find out I am one of 17 people with that same link and now I have no tickets and no recourse.

It's a disservice to the consumer and a major financial boon to the online resellers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This is one of the two things I hate about the electronic tix.

1 - Physical tickets give you a piece of memorabilia.

2 - The secondary market for tickets is efficient.  You say "scalpers" and some people get all up in arms about price gouging or whatever.  But the truth is there is real efficiency to what those folks do.  Tickets are readily available for those who want/need to go to the secondary market and pricing is generally pretty efficient.  It's easy to see if there is a lot of inventory and prices get adjusted accordingly.  The best part is that the buyer is not burdened with some bullshit transaction costs that are there to enrich a third party.  Buyer and seller are directly connected.  Now with the electronic tickets, I'm not going to give cash to someone to forward me an email with a link and then risk getting to the gate to find out I am one of 17 people with that same link and now I have no tickets and no recourse.

It's a disservice to the consumer and a major financial boon to the online resellers.

If I have 4 tickets on my phone I suppose I can send one or two to someone else if I sell them prior but still not as easy as just handing over a ticket. And not to mention I can't sell them to Brat with a flip phone.

Where I see even more issue would be with Club Access. Let's say I have all 4 tickets but either  a guest or my kids need to access the Terrace Club however without the ticket on their phone they can't access without me. So I need to transfer the ticket over to any guest and if it's my child they need to additionally have a smart phone to receive it. 

4 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

My tickets show on the app, along with OU Section 7  Row 7, but I need to sell a few from the season and it says "No eligible tickets" when I try to do that. I'm assuming that means it's not final.

At least it’ll be our players standing on the bench blocking your view the entire game and not a bunch of Okies….

Seeing all the chatter about electronic tickets makes me wonder if that little company up in Fort Smith, Arkansas was wise enough to get on board with the app lol or did they just go bankrupt?   I remember seeing everyone's tickets having that company name and location printed on the back of tickets.

On 8/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

It also sucks if you take friends to games. They either have to download the app, or you have everyone’s tickets like you’re tbeir fuckin’ dad.

Can’t you just take a screenshot and send them a text with the image of the ticket/code?

• Hook 'Em 1

My OU order just disappeared completely off of my 2021 invoice section, which is real comforting.

Happened here too. For informational purposes only….we’re 25+ year foundation members and routinely get 40-50 YL seats low in upper deck. So I KNOW we got tickets and assume they took the info down as someone mentioned above…because they were getting calls.

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Happened here too. For informational purposes only….we’re 25+ year foundation members and routinely get 40-50 YL seats low in upper deck. So I KNOW we got tickets and assume they took the info down as someone mentioned above…because they were getting calls.

Same here; I’ve always got excellent OU tix and I got Arkansas tix that are showing in my app. Think it’s just a temporary thing, I think every LF member who’s requested OU tix has gotten them.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:16 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Texas Longhorns app. That's where all mobile tickets will be delivered going forward.

Why in hell are they changing the procedure?

I and many other olds have no clue how that works and want to keep using hard copy tickets.

And to make this change at the last minute is a monumental screwup. The ticket office is going to be overwhelmed by thousands who do not know what is going on.

yes, I just got the LHF email on my tablet about the procedure to put the tickets on my mobile phone. However, I do not get email on my iPhone, just texts.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Can’t you just take a screenshot and send them a text with the image of the ticket/code?

You could do that with the bar codes on mobile tickets 1.0, but the newer versions of mobile tickets have live/rolling (not sure of the technical term) bar/QR codes that changes constantly and cannot just be copied / screen shot. No idea if UT is using the last eat version or not.

Bernard

• Rage+1 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, Ignatius said:

Same here; I’ve always got excellent OU tix and I got Arkansas tix that are showing in my app. Think it’s just a temporary thing, I think every LF member who’s requested OU tix has gotten them.

My unpopular opinion would be they rolled it back with the spike in Delta as they are unsure what will be happening with that game and others and whether they need to move to limited capacity.

JazzFest was just cancelled. Stevie Nicks just backed out of ACL...

• Hook 'Em 1

My unpopular opinion would be they rolled it back with the spike in Delta as they are unsure what will be happening with that game and others and whether they need to move to limited capacity.
JazzFest was just cancelled. Stevie Nicks just backed out of ACL...

It’s been oddly quiet on this front. That they haven’t come out and reaffirmed 100 percent capacity as other large events are self policing to various extents could be a sign that there’s something in the works - be it a testing/vaccination requirement or capacity limit or whatever. Or it could not, we’ll see.

I’ll be very bummed if we lose another football season to this. Last year never really felt real.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, gmr548 said:

They’re actually assigned seats. They’re season tickets, just within designated YA sections (I had 128 and quite liked our seats) and discounted for four years. After those four years you’ll have to renew in a new location. I’m not sure how the donation lock in is handled with that.

The voice in my head adopted an English accent when I read those few words. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hornian said:

I did this for the first half of the season. Baby #3 due in November, so you know, poor planning on my part. 

Gotta have that baby around 10/18 or 10/19... plenty of single game tickets available for Kansas and K-State.  😂🤣😂

Texas Longhorns Schedule 2021

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, 9/4
vsULUL
3:30 PM
FOX

Sat, 9/11
@ARKARK
6:00 PM

espn-red@2x.png

Sat, 9/18
vsRICERICE
7:00 PM

espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, 9/25
vsTTUTTU
TBD    
Sat, 10/2
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, 10/9
vsOUOU *
TBD    
Sat, 10/16
vsOKSTOKST
TBD    
Sat, 10/30
@BAYBAY
TBD    
Sat, 11/6
@ISUISU
TBD    
Sat, 11/13
vsKUKU
TBD    
Sat, 11/20
@WVUWVU
TBD    
Fri, 11/26
vsKSUKSU
11:00 AM
FOX

On 8/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, TKthunder2 said:

FWIW, I was able to get in last season using a screenshot, despite the official policy saying it wasn't allowed.  The ticket scanned didn't ask and the code scanned just fine.

I have no idea if it would still work this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

I drove down to the ticket office at DKRTMS.

It was closed, but I rang the service bell by the door on the south end of the office.

A nice, but harried, young lady stepped out and assisted us by checking on our request for hard copy tickets. We were on the “special” list (for olds, I presume) to be sent paper tickets.

She said the ticket office is very shorthanded.

Edited by Armybrat

On 8/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

It also sucks if you take friends to games. They either have to download the app, or you have everyone’s tickets like you’re tbeir fuckin’ dad.

I’m not quite at Brat’s level of tech savvy, but if it involves showing a bar code or QR code, why can’t you just share a screen shot with others? 

Edit:  I’m not the first to suggest this. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

19 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

our request for hard copy tickets. We were on the “special” list (for olds, I presume) to be sent paper tickets.

I wish I knew about this. I save my ticket subs for future generations to admire. Let me know if the tickets are plain or if they have a special design with photo and hologram and shit.

I went to My Account on texassports.com as suggested on the last page, and I’m not seeing any indication of having OU tickets, much less seat assignments. I’ve got my Thank You Peasant email showing I ordered OU tickets, so I hope it’s okay. I’m in the 1800s for the Loyalty Point Ranking (and falling 100+ points a year lol), so there’s presumably no way I shouldn’t get whatever tickets I request.

I’m on an estimated 72 minute hold with the LHF. I hope they don’t stop calling back at 4:45 so they can leave at 5:00. 

44 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

The paper tickets are plain. Like if you were going to see Foghat at the Erwin Center.

When I was a freshman (79/80), a girl in Jester set me up with her hot sister, telling me she was a huge Billy Joel fan. Told me I might get lucky if I surprised her and took her to his concert at the FEC. I couldn’t stand Billy Joel, but I could make the sacrifice. Turns out she also hated Billy Joe and - like me - would much rather have seen Ted Nugent. That didn’t impress her, and she called it a night after the concert. Her sister thought that was some kinda fucking joke. 

LHF says not to fret about OU tickets not appearing in My Account on the website. Some people see it, some don’t. Well, that’s just peachy. She was able to tell me my section for OU, but nothing else.

She said paper tickets are only for extreme exceptions like the handicapped, but confirmed that I can email game tickets individually to each person attending each game. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

This is how I picture the Foundation as the rumor's swirl and the empty seats start filling up

amused jaw drop GIF

And this last part was really interesting... so if you buy next year you are no longer locked in even at that price?

Sounds like the ticket office knew about the move to the SEC back then.