Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

23 minutes ago, Roofle said:

I've almost always received mine well before the season even started.

The fact that they had them up for a bit and took them away is what upset me. I'm hoping my seat locations stay the same and don't get worse than what they originally put up.

29 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I noticed in the current Forty Acres Insider email that it now says that renewing season tickets this year locks your donation level for life.  I don't think they have ever said that before.  It seems like before it was always some indefinite term like "for years to come"

image.png.8167ab8772257e00ddf82b1d77fb97f0.png

N00b question: So that means you won't have to donate a higher amount later on to get the same seats? Would that also apply to people making a new seat purchase?

Edited by wood

On 8/20/2021 at 1:49 PM, wood said:

- If I buy season tickets now, can I still order/get Tx-ou tickets, or am I too late for this year? If I'm not too late, how late is too late?

OK, the ticket office finally called me back with the answer. Can't order TX-ou with my season ticket order, as the deadline was July 1. 

18 minutes ago, wood said:

N00b question: So that means you won't have to donate a higher amount later on to get the same seats? Would that also apply to people making a new seat purchase?

Correct - the donation levels for those seats are set for life at the current level if you buy them this year. After this if you buy the tickets the donation amount can change from year to year to keep the same seats. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Correct - the donation levels for those seats are set for life at the current level if you buy them this year. After this if you buy the tickets the donation amount can change from year to year to keep the same seats. 

Well, then ... maybe I will go ahead and buy.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I noticed in the current Forty Acres Insider email that it now says that renewing season tickets this year locks your donation level for life.  I don't think they have ever said that before.  It seems like before it was always some indefinite term like "for years to come"

image.png.8167ab8772257e00ddf82b1d77fb97f0.png

They made this point pretty clear when the opened season ticket sales up in the spring.  I'm guessing this was made with knowledge of the SEC move.  It's what pushed me and my son to go ahead and lock in our seats this year.  We had intended to start next year.

45 minutes ago, wood said:

Whatever you donate for your seat this year will be locked in, so long as you renew every year and don't change seats.  Ticket prices may/will increase from time to time, but your required donation stays locked, even if the section you are in has an increase in required donations.  That new, increased donation requirement will ONLY apply to new season ticket holders. 

Starting next year if someone changes seat locations OR buys new season tickets, they will FOREVER be subject to increases in their required seat donation.

I'm curious if it will matter at all. Previously, there was a reason to split up the seat donation vs ticket cost because one was tax deductible. That's no longer the case, so even if they lock donations, they can just make all future increase to the ticket cost.

They are always very careful to say "seat-related gift" and not "ticket price". 

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

I'm curious if it will matter at all. Previously, there was a reason to split up the seat donation vs ticket cost because one was tax deductible. That's no longer the case, so even if they lock donations, they can just make all future increase to the ticket cost.

I believe the seat donation goes to the Longhorn Foundation and the ticket price to the Athletics Dept.  It's two separate budgets.  Not that it can't change, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

Right. Will be easy for them to just raise ticket prices and say that Bama season game ticket is way higher than the previous K State ones. I expect this to happen but hopefully that the brunt of increases would be on the donation side to at least give everyone that has stuck this period out a break. We already got stuck with paying ~25% more in donation the past few years as the IRS took away the deduction.

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

They made this point pretty clear when the opened season ticket sales up in the spring.  I'm guessing this was made with knowledge of the SEC move.  It's what pushed me and my son to go ahead and lock in our seats this year.  We had intended to start next year.

Whatever you donate for your seat this year will be locked in, so long as you renew every year and don't change seats.  Ticket prices may/will increase from time to time, but your required donation stays locked, even if the section you are in has an increase in required donations.  That new, increased donation requirement will ONLY apply to new season ticket holders. 

Starting next year if someone changes seat locations OR buys new season tickets, they will FOREVER be subject to increases in their required seat donation.

Aight. Y'all convinced me. I'm in, bitches...

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Ticket prices gonna increase? 
Dammit, not again!

image.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Right. Will be easy for them to just raise ticket prices and say that Bama season game ticket is way higher than the previous K State ones. I expect this to happen but hopefully that the brunt of increases would be on the donation side to at least give everyone that has stuck this period out a break. We already got stuck with paying ~25% more in donation the past few years as the IRS took away the deduction.

And Mack Brown, Charlie Strong, and Tom Herman took away my joy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Even adjusted for inflation, face value has tripled in price

They were $20 per game for all seats into the mid-90s.

Can’t remember exactly, but I bet that changed when mackbrown-texasfootball arrived and we had to pay that huge jump in salary. Seems like Mackovic made $700k or so and Mack started north of $1MM. I could have made both of those numbers up, though. It was a big jump. 

17 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

That's the key. We could tolerate more of a LHF increase in the past, as you could always justify that you weren't getting hit with the whole increase. Now, a $10 face value increase hits everyone, not just the 18% or so in the LHF.

19 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

True. Texas thinks their pricing is behind other big programs but if they were having half the success of Bama the line would be down the street to pay the $2500 per seat donation

I'm already getting hit for $3000 per seat, are you saying I can get better football AND a deal?

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Yes it was.

UT was disparaged by the Eastern media as not being worthy of #1.

They they were shocked & pissed that the Horns beat the shit out of their darling #2 Navy & Heisman Staubach 28-6 in the Cotton Bowl.

AB - did you attend the game against aggy in 1963? My uncle (Rice alum) has, for my entire 54 years on Earth, insisted that if some aggy DB hadn’t attempted a Reggie Bush-like lateral following a pick in that game, the entire DKR legend would have never happened. Full disclosure, said uncle is a total douchebag and despises our team, but I’ve heard this shit since I was born…

• Hook 'Em 1

UT scored the winning TD on an 80 yard drive during the last five minutes of the game.  During the drive aggy db John Brotherton intercepted a Tommy Wade pass and subsequently fumbled it back to Texas.  I don't think it was on an attempted lateral though.  I'm surprised he didn't mention the interception that wasn't called though.  Later in the same drive aggy db Jim Willenborg seemed to make an interception, but it was ruled that he was juggling the ball as he went out of bounds.  Most aggy of that era point to that play as the burnt orange conspiracy that cost them the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This whole ticket mobile application is a CF on transfers. I got no text message but did get an email saying tickets are being transferred to me but no links on the email. So the "button" does not work to accept the transfer. I called the ticket office and there are 86 people ahead of me. In addition, I do not what is going on over there, I have not received my parking passes either. Anyone else having to deal with this crap?

13 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Did you ever get this resolved? I've got 2 of my 4 I'd like to sell on SH/transfer to someone, but don't have that option...

Yeah, turns out they actually mailed them. I got them this weekend. I'm not sure why they would show up in my Texas app wallet. It appears the AD needs better communication and/or IT personnel.

Edited by HtownHorn

I transferred my tickets to another person’s email, and I received an email from Bellmont saying that it was accepted. The person I emailed them to never received the transfer email.

Now, I’ve been on hold with the ticket office for well over an hour trying to figure this out. Did I misspell the email address, and it happened to go to another active email account?

I started out at #79 in line, now I’m up to #32. If they can cancel and reissue my tickets, some poor schmuck is going to show up to the games with bad virtual tickets. I hope they find and shoot the fucker who accepted my tickets (if that’s what even happened).

I’m in mountain time zone. I fully expect to get cut off because it’s after 5 in Austin. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

21 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I transferred my tickets to another person’s email, and I received an email from Bellmont saying that it was accepted. The person I emailed them to never received the transfer email.

Now, I’ve been on hold with the ticket office for well over an hour trying to figure this out. Did I misspell the email address, and it happened to go to another active email account?

I started out at #79 in line, now I’m up to #32. If they can cancel and reissue my tickets, some poor schmuck is going to show up to the games with bad virtual tickets. I hope they find and shoot the fucker who accepted my tickets (if that’s what even happened).

I’m in mountain time zone. I fully expect to get cut off because it’s after 5 in Austin. 

This is getting interesting.

The LHF said they can’t reissue my tickets since they were “accepted” by someone named Kristen Adams (obviously a fake name). We’re talking ALL of my home game tickets. The email address they were sent to was redsoxsexbreathing@gmail.com, so someone has obviously figured out a way to redirect the email transfers from UT Ticket Office  

I told the friendly LHF guy that if I were a family member of CDC, something could be done, so after putting me on hold, he said they could reissue my tickets if I file a police report. UTPD is supposed to be calling me back any minute (for the last 90 minutes), so they’re being passive aggressive.

I’m about to call them for the third time.

BTW, I was on the phone for 2:10 with the LHF yesterday, 1:59 of it on hold.