2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Who do I hate? Bernie? I saw him speak in Omaha in 2017 and was very impressed. I think his push on economic progressive ideas could be competitive in 50 states. Warren? Do you how many fucking Warren coffee mugs I have in my house? I don’t.

The online left.

44 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Again, Sanders had no fucking shot to win the nomination, period...... Not even talking about his chances of beating Trump. Yea, the liberal commie would have been Trump's wet dream of an opponent. 

There's a reason he got impeached trying to go after Biden even when he was doing poorly in the polls. Then you have Putin knob slobber trying to claim sexual assault. Biden was the only one he saw as an actual threat. 

These are your allies, liberals. These are your allies.

And I'm the one you're furious with constantly.

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You make no sense.

He’s a trump supporter masquerading as a far left democrat who has Supposedly voted for every single  democratic candidate in the past without fail but welp, won’t vote for Biden now. Hur? Of course he makes no sense. That’s not his job. Guy is a total fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

No more intra-party sniping. Did not work in 2016 and will not work in 2020.

Putin (no Russia, Russia, Russia) has made it clear to American intelligence he wants a civil war in the US. Do not let him have his wish.

Trump and his trumpkins want a divide in the Democratic Party. Do not let them win. 

As Jimmy James said in another thread - we cannot let this be a close election. Unity and turning out to vote are primary goals. That was the whole point of the Biden nomination. 

Vote Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You make no sense.

Which part?

The "allies" thing? Specifically to what I was responding to, liberals have spent years saying #BelieveWomen and #MeToo, but either tore down Tara Reade themselves or stood silently by while social regressives, sexists, and misogynists did their dirty work for them. Case in point just now.

We can know ourselves through our allies.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Which part?

The "allies" thing? Specifically to what I was responding to, liberals have spent years saying #BelieveWomen and #MeToo, but either tore down Tara Reade themselves or stood silently by while social regressives, sexists, and misogynists did their dirty work for them. Case in point just now.

We can know ourselves through our allies.

Nobody tore her down you silly trumpkin. It was thoroughly investigated with hundreds of people interviewed. In the end, her own words and actions eliminated any credibilty she might have had. 

That and you know, the location where the alleged assault took place, not existing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Two people (one of whom had won primaries in the first 4 and the other of who had her home state coming up on Suoer Tuesday) dropped out between SC and Super Tuesday- that never happens. The one person most likely to siphon votes from Bernie was the one person to stay in. It was reported all over the place that Obama spoke with Pete and Klubs. Then there is also the donor class. 
Don’t be disingenuous or dense. The party holds lots of power in these things. They yielded it (smartly) to give Joe a huge boost when he needed it. As I said- I wish the GOP would have acted as intelligently and decisively in 2016. 
Sure. I'm on record saying I thought that was a bit uncouth. But, end result is that it narrowed the field to one progressive and one moderate, and the electorate spoke. Beltway shady, but not unfair.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Looking at these polls with Biden at 50+%, here’s a random thought I had re: the electoral college that I know will never happen, but might be an interesting topic for discussion.

What if the election rules were changed so that if a candidate gets > 50% of the vote nationally, he wins? Less than 50% and it goes to electoral college as currently constructed. I think that would appease a lot of the “my vote doesn’t matter” crowd, while still forcing the candidates to campaign in a variety of states. Again, I understand why this will never happen and I haven’t done the research to even see how often someone gets >50% and loses (my gut tells me this would be the first) but I think it would encourage more people to vote who currently feel it is pointless. And not just Dems, how many people in rural California and NY stay home because they think it’s pointless?

Logistically this probably means we don’t know the winner on election night in cases where the person with less votes is on pace to win the EC, but we will probably be looking at that same scenario this year with the mail-in votes. I also think this would increase the occurrence of shady third party candidates like Kanye, but who know how effective they would be when every vote counts.

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

What was that about cognitive decline? The president is currently arguing with his TV on twitter. 

You're not. Objectively. It's not a matter of opinion. You're getting curb stomped.

It's like saying "actually, I think Texas won the national championship in football in 2019."

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Then you have Putin knob slobber trying to claim sexual assault.

These are your allies, liberals.

Me? Are you really that stupid to suggest that I'm tearing poor Tara down with my comment? Wait...I already know the answer to that. 

She's the one who praised Putin and slobbed on his preverbal knob, I just pointed it out:

"President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness.His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity. It is evident that he loves his country, his people and his job. "

But yea....she's totally the victim here and not a plant to derail his campaign. 

"In 2017 Alexandra Tara Reade praised Joe Biden for his action in helping stop sexual assault, not just once, but on multiple occasions.

Between September of 2016 and May of 2017, Alexander Tara Reade used a Twitter account, under the name Tara McCabe, to spread praise of Joe Biden via tweeting, retweeting and liking various Tweets.

There are multiple examples of this, as seen below:

In the below instance, Reade retweeted a tweet by Margaret Cho that appears to commend Joe Biden for working with Lady Gaga to end sexual assault.

Then again in April of 2017, Reade liked a tweet by the Huffington post that praised the former Vice President for helping men realize how important they are in the fight against sexual assault. The article commends Biden for the steps he has taken to encourage men to take responsibility in stopping assaults against women.

Also in March of 2017, Reade made tweet claiming that Joe Biden “speaks truth,” and encouraged her followers to “listen” to him."

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 1

There's a lot more of circumstantial evidence like that. So bad_teammate can GTFO with his "liberals have spent years saying #BelieveWomen and #MeToo, but either tore down Tara Reade themselves or stood silently" bullshit. 

Liberals weren't silent. Multiple organizations investigated the claim, Biden himself said don't vote for me if you believe her. None of his current or female staffers or anyone else interviewed had anything negative to say about his interactions with women. And on and on......

• Hook 'Em 2

Women who lie about sexual assault are among the worst. They ruin it for the other 95 percent who actually are assaulted and give guys like trump and BT cover. That’s why most women stay silent in the first place. The liars are rare but Tara reade is one of them. Fuck her. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

My overarching point is valid:  to whatever degree we value mental acuity, we should value the current snapshot of that acuity.  "Decline" should not matter, with the exception of perhaps dramatic decline that projects significant further decline over the next 4 years (Alzheimer's disease, dementia, etc.).

Yeah, I should have left the percentile thing alone, my fault. But you are wrong here that the snapshot is what matters. Cognitive performance is not static for any of us. The vector matters. Again, decline is not linear and progression is not predictable. Once there has been any significant decline all you can say is that the decline will get worse over time.

I should leave this alone too because I'm not trying to align with bad_teammate. I don't think this is a reason not to vote for Biden, and I don't think Biden has dementia. I do think he's more likely to develop dementia than anyone else that could have been nominated b/c it is an age-correlated risk. But that's a risk worth taking to get out from under the willful idiocy we have now.

More to the point, I don't know any thinking American who says we should believe any accuser, regardless of circumstance.  Everyone accused deserves at least a modicum of skepticism in the court of public opinion, and far more than that in our legal system, whether it's Joe Biden, Brett Kavanaugh, or Donald Trump.

In that court of public opinion, eventually a massive smoke bomb might reasonably lead people to believe that there is some fire, as with Trump, but on first accusation, when the story shapeshifts and is seemingly full of holes, like with Tara Reade?  No, I am not beholden to that story.  Kavanaugh lies in between the two.

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

Yeah, I should have left the percentile thing alone, my fault. But you are wrong here that the snapshot is what matters. Cognitive performance is not static for any of us. The vector matters. Again, decline is not linear and progression is not predictable. Once there has been any significant decline all you can say is that the decline will get worse over time.

That seems a fair assumption.

I should leave this alone too because I'm not trying to align with bad_teammate. I don't think this is a reason not to vote for Biden, and I don't think Biden has dementia. I do think he's more likely to develop dementia than anyone else that could have been nominated b/c it is an age-correlated risk. But that's a risk worth taking to get out from under the willful idiocy we have now.

I'll just reiterate -- if we're talking "rate of decline", Trump's swamps Biden's over the past 4 years.  Given those are my two choices, I'll go with Biden.  I'll be honest, I'd go with Biden if he were a mildly sentient Rip van Winkle, but these are unique times.

When the Tara reade story broke there was no single poster on this board who promoted it more than BT. I was skeptical at first and once more facts came out, concluded it was total bullshit and putin level propaganda that “it wasn’t Russia that interfered in our election, it was actually Ukraine!” See he grabs pussy too!  Bullshit. 

The fact that BT still trots out that bullshit is all the proof I need that he is a totally full of shit troll here to influence the board in favor of trump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The fact that BT still trots out that bullshit is all the proof I need that he is a totally full of shit troll here to influence the board in favor of trump. 

Well, I'm not gonna say he's a front for Putin, but he's not convincing regardless of motivation.  I'm gonna go with "immature sheltered manchild who hasn't learned how to learn".

57 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

In that court of public opinion, eventually a massive smoke bomb might reasonably lead people to believe that there is some fire, as with Trump, but on first accusation, when the story shapeshifts and is seemingly full of holes, like with Tara Reade?  No, I am not beholden to that story.  Kavanaugh lies in between the two.

Everyone connected to Blasey-Ford's story says she has no idea what she is talking about. She provided virtually zero details about the event. She couldn't even say which year it happened. If you believe her, it's not because of anything beyond a desire to believe her. Which is good, because I believe her, too.

Reade's claims have tremendous substantiation over the years, including her own mother calling into Larry King about it. If this was a Trump accuser, the same people attacking her now would have her on a pedestal.

51 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Yea, Kavanaugh's accuser didn't spend the next thirty years after the alleged assault praising him as a great man multiple times. 

She also didn't change her story 10 different times and profess love for one of America's greatest enemies. 

Calling a woman claiming sexual assault a "knob slobber" is misogynist and sexist and extremely shitty, but you're on the team so it doesn't matter to the Orange Man Bad liberals who would see literally the exact same behavior completely unconscionable if it didn't serve their immediate interests.

It's my point. Lie down with dogs, you get fleas. You are the ally the liberals have been dying for for years, and it reflects very poorly on them.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Everyone connected to Blasey-Ford's story says she has no idea what she is talking about. She provided virtually zero details about the event. She couldn't even say which year it happened. If you believe her, it's not because of anything beyond a desire to believe her. Which is good, because I believe her, too.

Reade's claims have tremendous substantiation over the years, including her own mother calling into Larry King about it. If this was a Trump accuser, the same people attacking her now would have her on a pedestal.

OK, that's it.  You're a plant.  Fuck off, you deserve no further consideration and for my part, you're on ignore.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Am I actually wrong about something here?

Blasey-Ford has 0 contemporaneous witnesses. Reade has at least 3.
Neither woman has told the exact same story to everyone every time. (Posters here have raked Reade over every coal imagineable, but Blasey-Ford's recollections about where, when, and who have never been consistent and even mentioning this in a dispassionate factual way is tantamount to wanting to caress Trump's orange waddle.)

BlueMAGA

• Fuck You 1

Quick reminder that back on shaggy bad_teammate immediately believed Sabrina Erdely's infamous A Rape on Campus story in Rolling Stone magazine and argued vehemently with everyone who immediately smelled the incredible bullshit fumes coming off of that piece.

However, he is absolutely right that you idiots who keep tagging him and bringing him up in threads are the ones to blame when he goes off on another series of posts. Don't call him into a thread if you're going to bitch about his participation.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Quick reminder that back on shaggy bad_teammate immediately believed Sabrina Erdely's infamous A Rape on Campus story in Rolling Stone magazine and argued vehemently with everyone who immediately smelled the incredible bullshit fumes coming off of that piece.

Do you keep notes?  How on earth does anybody remember that kind of thing?  

I can't even remember which surly is which shaggy is which hornfans poster.  

Ha, no. He is simply consistent enough with his position that it's easy to remember as the memory gets brought to mind from time to time by related topics like this one.

Also, holy shit that is a terribly written sentence. Is that 5 prepositional phrases in one sentence? I'll leave it to be properly mocked.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Ha, no. He is simply consistent enough with his position that it's easy to remember as the memory gets brought to mind from time to time by related topics like this one.

Also, holy shit that is a terribly written sentence. Is that 5 prepositional phrases in one sentence? I'll leave it to be properly mocked.

Hey, you recognized it.  Mocking averted.

46 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not really true.

We weren't arguing the facts of the case (no one ever claimed it was 100% God's truth). The arguing part of the thread was about whether or not rape culture is real.

But yeah, I'm pretty consistent. I'll err on the side of believing women no matter the political implications (I believe Broaddrick, Blasey-Ford, and Reade) and even if it's apolitical (UVA) and a lot of the reason men like those on this forum don't is because they're in denial about the prevalence of sexual assault and are extremely ignorant about it and its effects.

When we hear an accusation, we have a response beyond simple reasoning and weighing of facts because we are not computers (even computers have bias, but that's another conversation). Someone who pretends they're a "just the facts" brain is someone who is probably further off actually being that than someone who says, "I cannot help but have a bias, so I will try to notice what my bias is".

There's no need to relitigate that thread or story now. We were right, you were wrong, life has moved on. 

You said "So there are no real, concrete reasons to doubt her story, but let's spend a shitload of energy expressing doubt, because... you know... reasons?" so we'll also have to agree to disagree with your statement that we were only arguing about rape culture.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Am I actually wrong about something here?

Blasey-Ford has 0 contemporaneous witnesses. Reade has at least 3.
Neither woman has told the exact same story to everyone every time. (Posters here have raked Reade over every coal imagineable, but Blasey-Ford's recollections about where, when, and who have never been consistent and even mentioning this in a dispassionate factual way is tantamount to wanting to caress Trump's orange waddle.)

BlueMAGA

Nobody would argue this unless they support trump. How fucking obvious are you going to make it?

• Hook 'Em 2

Calling a woman claiming sexual assault a "knob slobber" is misogynist and sexist and extremely shitty, but you're on the team so it doesn't matter to the Orange Man Bad liberals who would see literally the exact same behavior completely unconscionable if it didn't serve their immediate interests.

Your virtue signaling is hilarious and sad at the same time. 

I know it must bum you out that nobody voted for your woo Bernie and the fact that we all really really want to get rid of the Orange Bad Man. 

You keep doin you! 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's my point. Lie down with dogs, you get fleas. You are the ally the liberals have been dying for for years, and it reflects very poorly on them.

Wow. 

20 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Your virtue signaling is hilarious and sad at the same time. 

I know it must bum you out that nobody voted for your woo Bernie and the fact that we all really really want to get rid of the Orange Bad Man. 

You keep doin you! 

He doesn’t support Bernie. He’s a trump supporter lying to all of us that he’s a super lib democrat. Dude is a total fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

There's no need to relitigate that thread or story now. We were right, you were wrong, life has moved on. 

You said "So there are no real, concrete reasons to doubt her story, but let's spend a shitload of energy expressing doubt, because... you know... reasons?" so we'll also have to agree to disagree with your statement that we were only arguing about rape culture.

Dude you are bringing up something 6 years old and taking one post out of a 17-page thread. 

"We were right" about what? The pages and pages of denial about rape culture? No, you weren't.

This doozy in particular:
The sense in which "America has a rape culture" is a true statement makes the statement true about 99% or more of all nations and/or cultures that have ever existed.
Which, of course, makes it a pointless and hollow statement.

You were right to doubt the girl's story? Sure. Show me the person who said something about her story definitely being true. Because none of us thought that.

Female accusers are thrown in the trash for the slightest inconvenience. Tale as old as time.

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nobody would argue this unless they support trump. How fucking obvious are you going to make it?

What if that person believed women? Is that an option?

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Tried to stay away, but saying that Blasey Ford “couldn’t even say what year” is some hardcore MAGA bullshit. It’s not even a matter of opinion, it’s blatantly false and you deserve any ridicule you are receiving on the topic.

In her Congressional testimony, she said it was 1982, when she was 15.
Blasey-Ford told her therapist that it was the mid-1980s when she was in her "late teens".

In the mid-1980s, Kavanaugh wasn't even there. The timeline changed. 

Jimmy James is having a heart attack and reading that as me doubting Ford. I don't doubt her. Recollection of traumatic events can be fuzzy and inconsistent. We aren't machines, we don't have perfect recall. Women don't report their assaults consistently, if at all. They lie about them to save face or avoid drama or to protect themselves or protect their attacker. We lose details. We forget who was where.

If Ford's story was perfectly consistent and highly detailed 30+ years later, that would shock me.

As Huck says... I'm simply consistent.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Dude you are bringing up something 6 years old and taking one post out of a 17-page thread. 

"We were right" about what? The pages and pages of denial about rape culture? No, you weren't.

This doozy in particular:
The sense in which "America has a rape culture" is a true statement makes the statement true about 99% or more of all nations and/or cultures that have ever existed.
Which, of course, makes it a pointless and hollow statement.

You were right to doubt the girl's story? Sure. Show me the person who said something about her story definitely being true. Because none of us thought that.

Female accusers are thrown in the trash for the slightest inconvenience. Tale as old as time.

What if that person believed women? Is that an option?

In her Congressional testimony, she said it was 1982, when she was 15.
Blasey-Ford told her therapist that it was the mid-1980s when she was in her "late teens".

In the mid-1980s, Kavanaugh wasn't even there. The timeline changed. 

Jimmy James is having a heart attack and reading that as me doubting Ford. I don't doubt her. Recollection of traumatic events can be fuzzy and inconsistent. We aren't machines, we don't have perfect recall. Women don't report their assaults consistently, if at all. They lie about them to save face or avoid drama or to protect themselves or protect their attacker. We lose details. We forget who was where.

If Ford's story was perfectly consistent and highly detailed 30+ years later, that would shock me.

As Huck says... I'm simply consistent.

I’m not having a heart attack saying you disbelieve Ford, I’m not even really arguing you are totally wrong, I’m simply pointing out that even though you claim to be super lib democrat, you are constantly making arguments like you were a trump supporting republican who lives in college station. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, bad_teammate’s positions are:

1. Blasey-Ford and Reade are both extremely inconsistent accusers whose stories have tons of holes, but we should believe them both anyway because the standard in cases with allegations of criminal conduct should be “put blind faith in whatever gender feels right to you politically”; 

2. All of those who correctly disbelieved the absurd Rolling Stone article about ritualized public gang rapes at UVA are the ones whose brains don’t process information in line with reality, and it’s precisely BECAUSE they don’t let emotion guide them to the opposite (factually incorrect) conclusion;

3. Whether Joe Biden is as mentally sharp in 2020 as Joe Biden was in 2008 is the real issue of these times - not whether Joe Biden in 2020 is more mentally equipped to be President than Donald Trump in 2020; and

4. All of this means, obviously, that Joe Biden shouldn’t be the nominee against Donald Trump.  And, also because Chewbacca is a Wookie.

Yeah, that sounds about like bad_teammate.

Well that and even though he voted for Bill Clinton twice and Hillary he won’t vote for Biden because he’s too much of a moderate.

Seems a little odd?