2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

42 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The speech was fucking amazing. Timing, delivery, content, personality , literally everything was on point. Anyone saying otherwise is a Bernie-Warren fuccboi. 

I want to give a special fuck you shoutout to @bad_teammate. I thought Biden was a blithering dementia patient that was an embarrassment to us all? 

Didn't watch the speech and probably won't because I don't care and haven't really cared about any of this for many months beyond being flabbergasted and outraged as the Democrats pushed #MeToo and #BelieveWomen into a roaring fireplace.

I'm glad he sounded good in a highly-rehearsed, tightly-controlled, heavily-scripted address. That's good. It's a low bar to clear but our current president can't even clear it so Biden being able to do it is an upgrade. Does it erase everything we saw on the campaign trail, in off-the-cuff interviews, and the debates?

There was a primary that was a competition between  multiple candidates and voters were deciding between them. The primary's been over for 4 months at this point? What point do you think you're making? What are you even trying to do here?

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm glad he sounded good in a highly-rehearsed, tightly-controlled, heavily-scripted address. That's good. It's a low bar to clear but our current president can't even clear it so Biden being able to do it is an upgrade. Does it erase everything we saw on the campaign trail, in off-the-cuff interviews, and the debates?

You cherry picked videos of him stuttering and forgetting things. Does he say stupid shit from time to time? Yea, but it cuts both ways, he just gave one of the best speeches of any modern president and that needs to be acknowledged as well. 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

You cherry picked videos of him stuttering and forgetting things. Does he say stupid shit from time to time? Yea, but it cuts both ways, he just gave one of the best speeches of any modern president and that needs to be acknowledged as well. 

You need me to acknowledge it?

lol go to fucking therapy, idiot

• Haha 1

Is this the speech?

This is... fine.

I suppose the deep hunger we have for a normal president elevates it to something bigger, but on its own it is... fine.

He's reading off a teleprompter. It's not particularly smooth or flowing. You can very easily tell the spots where the prompter is scrolling/refreshing, very hard stops and pauses in the middle of sentences. The usual stumbles and stammers (not a lot of them, though, he rehearsed which is good). Completely locked onto the prompter and it doesn't look like he's talking to anyone. Definitely sounds old and shaky compared to younger Joe. (Here's Joe at the 2008 DNC - The decline is very obvious and real. We can not care, and that's OK, but it's obvious.)

Obama 2008 DNC was fucking amazing.
Obama 2012 DNC was also great.
Clinton 1992 DNC was fantastic.
Even Clinton 2016 DNC was better.

I think this is better than Kerry 2004, at least, because Joe's got a discernible personality.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is this the speech?

This is... fine.

I suppose the deep hunger we have for a normal president elevates it to something bigger, but on its own it is... fine.

He's reading off a teleprompter. It's not particularly smooth or flowing. You can very easily tell the spots where the prompter is scrolling/refreshing, very hard stops and pauses in the middle of sentences. The usual stumbles and stammers (not a lot of them, though, he rehearsed which is good). Completely locked onto the prompter and it doesn't look like he's talking to anyone. Definitely sounds old and shaky compared to younger Joe. (Here's Joe at the 2008 DNC - The decline is very obvious and real. We can not care, and that's OK, but it's obvious.)

Obama 2008 DNC was fucking amazing.
Obama 2012 DNC was also great.
Clinton 1992 DNC was fantastic.
Even Clinton 2016 DNC was better.

I think this is better than Kerry 2004, at least, because Joe's got a discernible personality.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't say that because Hillary is a good speaker, but she seemed fully alert and quick. She's got an awful personality, of course, no doubt. Joe's way more likable than her.

Would anyone watch the 2008 DNC and 2020 DNC speeches from Biden and say there's not an obvious decline?

• Hook 'Em 1

bt's still stewing that bernie never did figure out how to connect with black voters.  let him annoy the DTers who don't want to confront the illogic of their positions thereby forcing them to consider that their world views are shit.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

Yea, Bernie couldn't even get Democrats to vote for him. He had no chance of winning the election. Same goes for Warren. 

I love the bitching about Biden not being a good enough enough candidate. Empathetic uncle Joey is the perfect candidate for this moment in time to beat trump.

That’s the most important first step of every election, you have to win. I would have had a better shot than Bernie. 

As far as the debates go, Trump has truly one card and he'll most likely play it again and again to get under Joe's skin because the rest of his deck isn't real.  He'll bring up Hunter regardless of the question.  Hopefully Joe will play it cool and just bring up the current, real trials of Trumps administration, his failed leadership since he's done nothing to fight the Corona virus, rising unemployment, raising national debt to give money to rich people, and a crashed economy.  Joe already brought up most of this along with DOTARDS 6 bankruptcies.  I just hope he sneaks in DOTARDS 5 military deferments as well. And I hope he mentions this ad nauseam at every debate.  

We don't need pushup or tough guy Joe, we need unflappable, caring Joe that was evident at the convention.  And maybe mention that Republicans have never produced evidence against Obama, Hillary or Hunter--only accusations and lies. DOTARD points his finger at others while his administration is a direct testament to his criminal enterprise where he's either a criminal or so grossly incompetent that DOTARD cannot choose anybody but criminals to work in his administration, which presents him as a very real threat to the United States of America. Tell him to go ahead and wrap himself in the flag of our nation which he's desecrated by stealing so much from these past few years, with every bankruptcy prior and with every deferment.  Tell him to hold up the Bible and recite a verse from this great book he claims to know but couldn't name his favorite passage from earlier.  

Someone pointed out that the DNC speech was different than a debate and it's true.  But the parts about the failed administration hasn't changed, the crimes being investigated haven't changed and neither has DOTARDS attempt to suppress the votes of the nation's citizens which are a threat to our democracy.  It's a low bar Joe has to face when debating DOTARD, and in the case of the current epidemic, a non existent bar.  He's got a Barr but only to defend his crimes.  None of this is debatable.  It's a layup. The only thing that is different is that there will be a warm, orange faced, fat goon across from Biden that has already been impeached in his first term.  

Joe should see each one of these debates as an opportunity to break DOTARD on a public stage in front of the nation.  I can guarantee you if he does this one time, DOTARD will not show up for another.  Hopefully, Biden makes him defer a 6th time, on a national stage, in front of the American people.  Make these debates a running ad for DOTARDS failures and widespread corruption which will continue airing with each debate. He can't tweet on a live stage when and where it counts and he'll short circuit.  Memorialize DOTARD as a meme for his followers and their racist Republican party.

Let's do this. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

I stopped talking about this shit 6 months ago and people keep tagging me into these conversations I'm not even interested in and I'm the one who is "stewing"? lol

Guys, be inspired, be happy. Why do you watch this powerful and inspirational speech and think, "I know what I need to do, go yell at someone who made me mad half a year ago."?

Go work for Joe. Do something productive with the supposed positive energy and hope you got from the best political speech in the history of mankind.

It makes one yearn for a simpler time when  pro’s like Carville, Rove and Axelrod (or should we give credit to Obama himself) were grand strategists as opposed to the morons that brought us the dumbest race ever in 2016. 
Seriously though- Biden’s campaign team had an easy lift this season and they aren’t fucking it up- but the primary performance was so... underwhelming, that I’m not sure they should get credit for anything more than tallest midget in the room. But Trump man- he’s the anti-Midas touch on that team. I’d take any of the campaign staff from Veep over the Trump clowns. 

About Biden’s “underwhelming” primary, let’s remember that he won, in a crowded field, and had pretty much secured the nomination after Super Tuesday. While a lot of people, myself included, were thinking he was toast after Iowa, his team demonstrated they understood electoral strategy better than the pundits.

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

About Biden’s “underwhelming” primary, let’s remember that he won, in a crowded field, and had pretty much secured the nomination after Super Tuesday. While a lot of people, myself included, were thinking he was toast after Iowa, his team demonstrated they understood electoral strategy better than the pundits.

They were wining states he wasn’t even trying in- having no camping, staff, advertisements or spending in. 
it was pretty obvious that the powers that be, including Obama, came on and cracked skulls and shoved people into line and Biden was the anointed one. 
That’s not a complaint!  I wish to God the GOP apparatus would have done that pre South Carolina and killed the Trump campaign in the crib the way that the Dems kept Bernie from winning the race, but I’m not giving too much credit to the staffers for being the beneficiaries of that gift. 
Similarly keeping major in the basement has been clearly winning strategy but again, how much credit is deserved for doing, essentially, nothing. 
I guess that’s smarter than Hillary giving the basket of deplorables speech. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Hillary was right. about pretty much everything. 

Quit sucking her dick.  Tens of millions of us knew what his newfound supporters were like as humans.  A lot of people saw this coming, she just had the biggest microphone.  People like to give Lincoln or RVAT or Rule of Law GOP'ers, et. al. that they were late to the scene of the crime and where were they in 2016 and all that shit.  Look back, there dozens of serious, heavy-hitting Republicans that warned what pandora's box Trump was opening up.  there were millions of Republican voters that were direly worried about what he was about to do not just to the party but to country.  And nobody within the party, nobody in the middle or independent, and nobody on the left fucking listened.  But go back, the footage, the articles, the warnings were all there.  Admittedly, nobody knew to what extent the madness would expand.  But the foundation was identified and caution tape was applied.  

But however people come to the table to get rid of this piece of shit, I'm all for it.  Whatever we need to tell ourselves.  I think we need to start talking about the coming horrors of November-January.  I thought it was about time to do it, but then Trump started shutting down post offices and mailboxes to halt voting, so we need to turn back to that because Election Day is no longer the foregone conclusion I had hoped it would be.  So turn back to that for September and October.  But make no mistake, there will be multiple mass shootings in this country which will kill in the many dozens to low triple digits.  The attacks will be aimed at Election Night events, protests that demand Trump accept the results between Election Day and Christmas, and then Inauguration Day events around the country when Biden takes the Oath.  The death toll of American-on-American violence will be the highest it has been since the Civil War.  Our darkest hour has yet to come. 

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, since we know the party rigged 2016 for Hilary they rigged it again for Joe despite a wealth of more progressive relatable and electable candidates. I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Joe b/c he's not Dotard, but fuck the Democratic party and fuck the two party system. Until we have ranked choice voting this system will continue to be a game of checkers for billionaires.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I stopped talking about this shit 6 months ago and people keep tagging me into these conversations I'm not even interested in and I'm the one who is "stewing"? lol

Guys, be inspired, be happy. Why do you watch this powerful and inspirational speech and think, "I know what I need to do, go yell at someone who made me mad half a year ago."?

Go work for Joe. Do something productive with the supposed positive energy and hope you got from the best political speech in the history of mankind.

mid june wasn't six months ago.  you spent 3+ months melting down following south carolina until you realized you could post in DT. 

Just now, Llogg said:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, since we know the party rigged 2016 for Hilary they rigged it again for Joe despite a wealth of more progressive relatable and electable candidates.

joe connects with black voters, which progressives haven't yet figured out how to do. 

Until we have ranked choice voting this system will continue to be a game of checkers for billionaires.

and that's fair.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

mid june wasn't six months ago.  you spent 3+ months melting down following south carolina until you realized you could post in DT. 

For the last 6 months, I only talk about Bernie when someone else brings him up and involves me in some way, just like what happened here. It was over after Super Tuesday and I lost interest in the horse race because the horse race was over. To this day many here cannot let go of the primary and still tag me into conversations I'm not even involved in. Again, just like this thread.

I have no idea what your goal is. I have no idea what you're hoping to accomplish. I have no idea how I can help you get over the psychic trauma of a contested primary. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry for your pain.

Move on; I did and you can, too.

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

For the last 6 months, I only talk about Bernie when someone else brings him up and involves me in some way, just like what happened here. It was over after Super Tuesday and I lost interest in the horse race because the horse race was over. To this day many here cannot let go of the primary and still tag me into conversations I'm not even involved in. Again, just like this thread.

I have no idea what your goal is. I have no idea what you're hoping to accomplish. I have no idea how I can help you get over the psychic trauma of a contested primary. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry for your pain.

Move on; I did and you can, too.

i didn't say you were talking about bernie.  i said you were melting down and stewing.  those are different things. maybe read the words i write. 

i'm glad you've finally found some peace by posting in DT.  the rest of your post is pure projection.  which is ironic.

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Quit sucking her dick.  Tens of millions of us knew what his newfound supporters were like as humans.  A lot of people saw this coming, she just had the biggest microphone.  People like to give Lincoln or RVAT or Rule of Law GOP'ers, et. al. that they were late to the scene of the crime and where were they in 2016 and all that shit.  Look back, there dozens of serious, heavy-hitting Republicans that warned what pandora's box Trump was opening up.  there were millions of Republican voters that were direly worried about what he was about to do not just to the party but to country.  And nobody within the party, nobody in the middle or independent, and nobody on the left fucking listened.  But go back, the footage, the articles, the warnings were all there.  Admittedly, nobody knew to what extent the madness would expand.  But the foundation was identified and caution tape was applied.  

But however people come to the table to get rid of this piece of shit, I'm all for it.  Whatever we need to tell ourselves.  I think we need to start talking about the coming horrors of November-January.  I thought it was about time to do it, but then Trump started shutting down post offices and mailboxes to halt voting, so we need to turn back to that because Election Day is no longer the foregone conclusion I had hoped it would be.  So turn back to that for September and October.  But make no mistake, there will be multiple mass shootings in this country which will kill in the many dozens to low triple digits.  The attacks will be aimed at Election Night events, protests that demand Trump accept the results between Election Day and Christmas, and then Inauguration Day events around the country when Biden takes the Oath.  The death toll of American-on-American violence will be the highest it has been since the Civil War.  Our darkest hour has yet to come. 

If you are gonna Lobo word wall a post, then I prefer you dropping historical nuggets like how the Jackson 5 were discovered on a palm tree farm outside of Gary Indiana. Love that shit, thanks 

40 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, since we know the party rigged 2016 for Hilary they rigged it again for Joe despite a wealth of more progressive relatable and electable candidates. I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Joe b/c he's not Dotard, but fuck the Democratic party and fuck the two party system. Until we have ranked choice voting this system will continue to be a game of checkers for billionaires.

Joe won it, and looking at where we are now, he's exactly what a majority of this board said he was: not necessarily their/our first choice, but the best chance to beat Donald. I thought this was the year for a progressive, but the Democratic party is obviously not shifting as far left as I thought. I am curious how Warren would be doing right now if she won the nomination. I think she's the only one who has an argument for being railroaded. She was starting to run away with it until we decided her wealth tax plan just wasn't detailed enough and sank her. 

Cool let's get back on topic...
When you watch 2020 Biden and 2008 Biden back-to-back, do you see decline, incline, or holding steady?

You progressive Democrats are a strange group of people. You were partially responsible for Hillary losing because of your Bernie butt-hurt and it gave us Trump. And yet you still haven’t learned your lesson, trying to take down Biden so that you get Trump again. That’s a real winning strategy for getting some of your agenda enacted (narrator- “None”).
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

If you are gonna Lobo word wall a post, then I prefer you dropping historical nuggets like how the Jackson 5 were discovered on a palm tree farm outside of Gary Indiana. Love that shit, thanks 

Joe won it, and looking at where we are now, he's exactly what a majority of this board said he was: not necessarily their/our first choice, but the best chance to beat Donald. I thought this was the year for a progressive, but the Democratic party is obviously not shifting as far left as I thought. I am curious how Warren would be doing right now if she won the nomination. I think she's the only one who has an argument for being railroaded. She was starting to run away with it until we decided her wealth tax plan just wasn't detailed enough and sank her. 

Joe was my 3rd or 4th choice. But then I spend most of my time evaluating whether people younger than him retain the mental capacity to continue safely driving, so I'm a bit ageist.

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You progressive Democrats are a strange group of people. You were partially responsible for Hillary losing because of your Bernie butt-hurt and it gave us Trump. And yet you still haven’t learned your lesson, trying to take down Biden so that you get Trump again. That’s a real winning strategy for getting some of your agenda enacted (narrator- “None”).

FTR, I also held my nose and voted for Hillary b/c I knew what a fucking disaster Trump would be.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Cool let's get back on topic...

When you watch 2020 Biden and 2008 Biden back-to-back, do you see decline, incline, or holding steady?

the pacing is largely the same.  i think the biggest factor is the lack of live audience.  it doesn't fill the holes created by his pacing, he's not getting any energy from it, and it'd be weird if he were up there firebranding for 25 minutes without one.  it'd look like 25 minutes of howard dean screeches, but isolated and out of place.  lack of audience is a real thing - john oliver from the void will show you that. 

there's probably more than a little thought put toward talking with quiet dignity in contrast to trump. 

has he lost a step?  probably.  time wins all battles.  except with gravity. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Hillary lost because she didn't win over voters she needed. Bernie lost because he didn't win over voters he needed. If Biden loses, it's because he didn't win over voters he needed.

Blaming Hillary's loss on anyone but Hillary is insane. She completely fucking ignored massive swaths of necessary voters. Just an abysmal campaign.

Progressives are winnable, you just have to go for them. Moral scolding doesn't work, it's just virtue signaling.

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

there's probably more than a little thought put toward talking with quiet dignity in contrast to trump. 

Absolutely. All he needs to do is read off a teleprompter and not fall down and die and he's made himself look better than Trump. And he certainly accomplished that.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the pacing is largely the same.  i think the biggest factor is the lack of live audience.  it doesn't fill the holes created by his pacing, he's not getting any energy from it, and it'd be weird if he were up there firebranding for 25 minutes without one.  it'd look like 25 minutes of howard dean screeches, but isolated and out of place.  lack of audience is a real thing - john oliver from the void will show you that. 

has he lost a step?  probably.  time wins all battles.  except with gravity. 

There's a huge difference between 65 and 77. It's not like, say, 30 and 42. 

They were wining states he wasn’t even trying in- having no camping, staff, advertisements or spending in. 
it was pretty obvious that the powers that be, including Obama, came on and cracked skulls and shoved people into line and Biden was the anointed one. 

Pretty incredible reach for Obama to crack millions and millions of primary voter skulls.

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Pretty incredible reach for Obama to crack millions and millions of primary voter skulls.

Two people (one of whom had won primaries in the first 4 and the other of who had her home state coming up on Suoer Tuesday) dropped out between SC and Super Tuesday- that never happens. The one person most likely to siphon votes from Bernie was the one person to stay in. It was reported all over the place that Obama spoke with Pete and Klubs. Then there is also the donor class. 
Don’t be disingenuous or dense. The party holds lots of power in these things. They yielded it (smartly) to give Joe a huge boost when he needed it. As I said- I wish the GOP would have acted as intelligently and decisively in 2016. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2020 at 8:58 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

23 hours ago, Llogg said:

Can someone explain to me how the Obama "cracked skulls" and how the party "rigged" the primary for Joe?

The DNC couldn't get laid at a whore house.  Neither could the state or county organizations.  The campaigns are better run and frequently better financed than the party organizations.  There is a reason that Hillary's campaign had to loan money to the DNC.  And it's not like Biden conquered a field of progressive.  Primary after primary, state after state, moderate candidates (Biden, Buttigieg, Klob) got more votes than progressive candidates (Sanders, Warren).  The reality is that the Democratic Party (the voters) is the most progressives it's every been, has become considerably more progressive in the last four years, and it is still fairly moderate.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Joe Biden is probably a little slower on the uptake at age 77 than he was at age 65.

The stone cold lock is this:  Donald Trump is vastly slower on the uptake than Joe Biden, and Trump is almost 4 years younger.

Why does Joe Biden's mental acuity relative to 12 years ago matter, @bad_teammate?  Is he running against his younger self?  You sure do have a funny habit of shitting on the Dem candidate when it isn't Bernie Sanders.  I wonder why that is?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder who in Team Dotard thought it would be a good idea to start shitting on Biden for moving with his parents when he was in the fourth grade. 

Yeah, and Joe's family was apparently in on making Delaware the "Credit Card Capital of America."  This one's weird even for the Trump campaign, because it doesn't stoke up any fear or hatred or divisiveness in his base.  It's just "Boo this man for turning his back on his homestate at such a young age!"  Even the most hate-filled Trumpers I can think of would just kinda shrug it off like, "Yeah, we moved when I was a kid, too."  I guess Joe was supposed to hang back in Scranton and work at the plant at age 10 and send money to the corporate P.O. box his parents went to setup in Delaware.  

Plus, anybody catch Navarro calling Delaware "It's the tiniest state."  You can't find a 10-year old kid in this country that doesn't know the smallest state is Rhode Island.  But the leaders of our government don't know that. 

"Give Navarro a pass Lobo, not everybody is a geography nerd like you.  He just meant that it was a small state, how we he know the exact title of Rhode Island as smallest state?"

Navarro grew up 30 miles from Rhode Island, how he could not have picked up that fact in 71 years?  Then he turns his back on his home state of Massachusetts to split his time betwen New Hampshire and Florida during childhood.  The bastard!   /sarcasticrant 

It's all to keep Joe from winning Pennsylvania.  So let me ask-------what's the reliable polling saying about our two options in the Keystone State?  

29 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why does Joe Biden's mental acuity relative to 12 years ago matter, @bad_teammate?

When I was called out one of the things I was chastised for was daring to say that Joe is declining. I just pointed out that it's obviously true.

In a larger sense, I want a president who is mentally quick and strong and not actively and clearly declining.

You sure do have a funny habit of shitting on the Dem candidate when it isn't Bernie Sanders.  I wonder why that is?

Never get over the primary, dude, hold onto the anger forever. It'll be good for you.

48 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Can someone explain to me how the Obama "cracked skulls" and how the party "rigged" the primary for Joe?

Before Super Tuesday he helped orchestrate a mass drop-out/endorsement specifically to make sure Biden could continue his SC momentum to beat Sanders. That's fine, it's the game these people play, but it is what it is.

Primary after primary, state after state, moderate candidates (Biden, Buttigieg, Klob) got more votes than progressive candidates (Sanders, Warren).

After Clyburn went back on his promise not to endorse before SC and Obama pulled the strings on behalf of the donor class before Super Tuesday, yes. Before that, no. But again, it is what it is and that's the nature of the game. The signal was given and Biden won and here we are.

You guys should enjoy the fact that the people you hate lost and stop this revisionist history thing. You won. Congratulations. Enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

When I was called out one of the things I was chastised for was daring to say that Joe is declining. I just pointed out that it's obviously true.

In a larger sense, I want a president who is mentally quick and strong and not actively and clearly declining.

That's an odd metric.  What if in the past the President was mentally the quickest and strongest man in the country, and now he's just 99th percentile?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

That's an odd metric.  What if in the past the President was mentally the quickest and strongest man in the country, and now he's just 99th percentile?

Look, it doesn't matter because a brain dead possum would be an upgrade and get my vote, but the point that an elderly person is objectively more likely to suffer cognitive decline is certainly valid when discussing one of the most cognitively challenging positions in existence. The question of whether Biden specifically has suffered cognitive decline is also valid. Your statement about only being 99th percentile reflects a lack of understanding of percentiles (hint, 99th is the highest it can be) and of cognitive decline (it is not linear or predictable in rate of progression, the only predictable thing is that it WILL progress).

• Hook 'Em 1

Ah yes let's pick apart a perfectly innocuous belief that, in general, it's good to have not-declining people running for president.

In any given contest, you want the best candidate. That's multi-factorial (mental acuity, values, trustworthiness, experience, associations, biases, compromises, etc...). So sure, a declining person could be better than a steady person.

3 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Your statement about only being 99th percentile reflects a lack of understanding of percentiles (hint, 99th is the highest it can be)

Oh, give me a break.  Fine, 98th percentile.  That said, I've seen non-integer percentiles used quite often (e.g., 99.9th percentile), so if we accept such metrics as legitimate, then your gotcha scolding is off point.

My overarching point is valid:  to whatever degree we value mental acuity, we should value the current snapshot of that acuity.  "Decline" should not matter, with the exception of perhaps dramatic decline that projects significant further decline over the next 4 years (Alzheimer's disease, dementia, etc.).

After Clyburn went back on his promise not to endorse before SC and Obama pulled the strings on behalf of the donor class before Super Tuesday, yes. Before that, no. But again, it is what it is and that's the nature of the game. The signal was given and Biden won and here we are.
You guys should enjoy the fact that the people you hate lost and stop this revisionist history thing. You won. Congratulations. Enjoy it.

Who do I hate? Bernie? I saw him speak in Omaha in 2017 and was very impressed. I think his push on economic progressive ideas could be competitive in 50 states. Warren? Do you how many fucking Warren coffee mugs I have in my house? I don’t.

Don’t confuse the acknowledgement of the current reality as a preference for it. Biden was not my first, second, or third pick, but I understand that he was not chosen in some back room. People like him, and many of them are scared about the political viability of many of the progressive proposals.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I wonder who in Team Dotard thought it would be a good idea to start shitting on Biden for moving with his parents when he was in the fourth grade. 

You got it backwards. Dotard says something stupid and then the team let's the rest of the parrots know what they have to say. 

Edited by Mo Horn

56 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Before Super Tuesday he helped orchestrate a mass drop-out/endorsement specifically to make sure Biden could continue his SC momentum to beat Sanders. That's fine, it's the game these people play, but it is what it is.

iu-2.gif.f6842eeca78c619a03bc872f48b2b801.gif

Again, Sanders had no fucking shot to win the nomination, period...... Not even talking about his chances of beating Trump. Yea, the liberal commie would have been Trump's wet dream of an opponent. 

There's a reason he got impeached trying to go after Biden even when he was doing poorly in the polls. Then you have Putin knob slobber trying to claim sexual assault. Biden was the only one he saw as an actual threat. 

• Hook 'Em 1