2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is the assumption I have been operating under the entire time and will be until November. I need to see Biden around 52-53% in national polling averages before I'm comfortable (he's around 50% right now). Hillary got 48% and lost, and I think we're going to see fewer third party votes. Biden is going to need to win it by 4-5% nationally to be safe in winning the EC. That means 52-53%. And when I see polls like Biden 50%, Trump 43%, I'm assuming almost the entire 7% undecided are pussies who don't want to admit they're going to vote for Trump to another human being, but will.

Same thing to the discussion above about 15% undecided in Wisconsin. Most of those people are not undecided, they are ashamed. 

It’s more likely they are simply not going to vote at all. 

6 minutes ago, Mapache said:

If Trump is re-elected I'm pretty much done with this fucking country.

I mean, if drone striking American citizens without due process didn't do it for you, maybe now is a good time. 

https://www.aclu.org/cases/al-aulaqi-v-panetta-constitutional-challenge-killing-three-us-citizens?redirect=targetedkillings

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I mean, if drone striking American citizens without due process didn't do it for you, maybe now is a good time. 

https://www.aclu.org/cases/al-aulaqi-v-panetta-constitutional-challenge-killing-three-us-citizens?redirect=targetedkillings

Do you disagree that this country is in worse shape now than 4 years ago? Do you agree it will continue to get worse if Trump wins this year? Everyone has a breaking point and they’re not all the same as yours. 

Edited by 4th&Five

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Do you disagree that this country is in worse shape now than 4 years ago? Do you agree it will continue to get worse if Trump wins this year? Everyone has a breaking point and they’re not all the same as yours. 

I agree and Yes. And agreed. 

Edited by Anastasis
misread the disagree, agree cadence earlier.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/17/2020 at 12:55 PM, jimmyjazz said:

His inability to separate cause and effect is one of his most infuriating characteristics.  CNN didn't "increase" the results -- it's a measurement, not a storyline.

Counterpoint... if you believe the polls are legit. I typically do, as I would assume most here do. And when they disagree they dig into the cross tabs and say why. 
if you are a conspiracy theory nut though it’s not a measurement it’s a tool to drive events. 
He is such a conspiracy theory nut. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counterpoint... if you believe the polls are legit. I typically do, as I would assume most here do. And when they disagree they dig into the cross tabs and say why. 
if you are a conspiracy theory but though it’s not a measurement it’s a tool to drive events. 
He is such a conspiracy theory nut. 

As it turns out, I don't waste a lot of time worrying about morons.  If that's what he thinks is happening, then nothing I can do will ever change it.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

way to telegraph that the only thing one has to do to get your ear and get you on their side is to tell you how great you are.  If I use effusive enough praise in a meeting with him, I bet I can get him to endorse ANTIFA.

And this is why I never understood the Democrats response to his presidency. He donated to the Dems.  He has zero guiding principles. I’m absolutely convinced that if they went #coopt as opposed to #resist they’d have the most liberal president in the  countries history. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And this is why I never understood the Democrats response to his presidency. He donated to the Dems.  He has zero guiding principles. I’m absolutely convinced that if they went #coopt as opposed to #resist they’d have the most liberal president in the  countries history. 

His guiding principle is that of a racist grifter. Do you really believe that this asshole who, in the announcement of his candidacy, called Mexican immigrants thieves, rapists, and murderers and whose first real attempted executive action as president was to bar Muslims from entering the country would be "the most liberal president in this countries [sic] history"? 

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

As it turns out, I don't waste a lot of time worrying about morons.  If that's what he thinks is happening, then nothing I can do will ever change it.

You have to think like a moron (or a diabolically skilled evil genius) to get into Trumps headspace. I prefer the simplest answer, generally, so I usually default to moron with shit like that with him. 

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

His guiding principle is that of a racist grifter. Do you really believe that this asshole who, in the announcement of his candidacy, called Mexican immigrants thieves, rapists, and murderers and whose first real attempted executive action as president was to bar Muslims from entering the country would be "the most liberal president in this countries [sic] history"? 

He’d totally change his mind on Mexicans if they offered to build him a statue or something like that and kissed his ass. He has no guiding principal other than run away ego and self aggrandizement. Witness his relationship with Kanye West as a for example. And I was joining NAIU in some good nature’s hyperbole. I don’t truly think he believes trump would endorse Antifa if they kissed his ass, it was a joke with a ring of truth to it. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 hours ago, G650 said:

Surveyors make like 22 bucks an hour in Virginia. That's insane.

Ok that’s not bad but it’s less than an EIT out of school gets.  A lot less.  I start them at about 30 per hour.  I use surveyors a lot and their rates are half of what engineers charge.  So how in the world are they out earning engineers?  Maybe the choo choo engineers?

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

100% this.

Get on the ledge, boys.  It's a done deal.  This Titanic is going down ALL the fucking way.

Fuck off Brisket. You don’t know that. Trump is way down in the polls and only won in 2016 because of Manafort and the Russians and Hillary. He will lose this election. He will bitch and contest it. And then he will be arrested. 

I get where you’re coming from but your negativity in the face of all that is annoying. 

16 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Ok that’s not bad but it’s less than an EIT out of school gets.  A lot less.  I start them at about 30 per hour.  I use surveyors a lot and their rates are half of what engineers charge.  So how in the world are they out earning engineers?  Maybe the choo choo engineers?

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. The other guys is nuts.

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fuck off Brisket. You don’t know that. Trump is way down in the polls and only won in 2016 because of Manafort and the Russians and Hillary. He will lose this election. He will bitch and contest it. And then he will be arrested. 

I get where you’re coming from but your negativity in the face of all that is annoying. 

Trumps trying to cheat and voter suppress because the polls are shit for him.

its all he has left. Trump is in deep trouble.

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Trumps trying to cheat and voter suppress because the polls are shit for him.

its all he has left. Trump is in deep trouble.

When the cheater starts shooting your players on the field, and no referee will stop him....he's no longer the one in trouble.

The Trump GOP is intent on destroying the country because, so long as they get to RULE the rubble, the don't give a fuck if it's rubble or not.  All of you thought there was no way he'd win the nomination.  Then there's no way he'd win the election.  Now, there's no way he wins re-election.

There's plenty of ways he wins re-election.  And he's going to try them all.  He has a good chance of pulling it off.

• Hook 'Em 3

Here is my take on what will happen on Nov 4th. Biden will win comfortably. Trump will bitch and moan but at the end of the day he will concede because that's what bullies do when someone punches them in the face. About 250 MAGA 'Mericans will go out and protest in small towns around the country with their AK-47's  while the vast majority of us go about our normal day. 

That's it....

No civil war.

No riots. 

Stock Market will probably fall.....Im just kidding....it's not going to fall. Brrrrrt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think Wulaw is pretty much right, hyperbole notwithstanding. His guiding principle is his own vainglory. I don’t believe Donald Trump is a racist. He’s much worse: he realized he could grab power by pandering to racists. But he’d throw them over in a heartbeat if it was better for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Here is my take on what will happen on Nov 4th. Biden will win comfortably. Trump will bitch and moan but at the end of the day he will concede because that's what bullies do when someone punches them in the face. About 250 MAGA 'Mericans will go out and protest in small towns around the country with their AK-47's  while the vast majority of us go about our normal day. 

That's it....

No civil war.

No riots. 

Stock Market will probably fall.....Im just kidding....it's not going to fall. Brrrrrt.

If Trump loses he will scream rigged election and refuse to concede. If he doesn't step down and have pence pardon him, he tries to make a deal to drop his challenge if he gets to skate on all charges.

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

If Trump is re-elected I'm pretty much done with this fucking country.

we all know something has been wrong for a long time. i was bitching and complaining all the way back in 2002ish. the 9/11 honeymoon ended and sent us into another timeframe. 

we are all worried. my mother is finally saying things that i have been saying for the last 20 years. she worries that people are hateful, selfish, racist and don't care about other people. i remind her those people are the minority. and they ARE the minority. you have to remember that. of course the electoral process is dumb as shit in the US so the minority can still have power. hang in there

its just the way it is. we need to try and get his ass out and avoid a war with china at all costs. thats all that matters right now. ass up, nukes down homies

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

If Trump loses he will scream rigged election and refuse to concede. If he doesn't step down and have pence pardon him, he tries to make a deal to drop his challenge if he gets to skate on all charges.
Whether or not he concedes is irrelevant. There isn't some provision in the constitution that relies on a losing candidate to concede for the winning candidate to take over. I don't understand why people keep raising that as if it has some relevance.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You hit on an important point here. I believe that most of our current state of affairs can be attributed to the loss of community. Fewer Americans belong to groups that yield community identity, and too many of the groups that do exist preach negative Us vs. Them views. People feel disconnected. Isolated. We focus on ourselves and our own problems. That breeds depression and anxiety. 

I feel like this country could really benefit from a mass movement to create local groups focused on service, community, and camaraderie. And it wouldn’t hurt to sprinkle in some enlightenment ideals and some actual knowledge of things like history, science, etc.

Absolutely. The loss of "community" no doubt. Lots of other losses too - family, religion, world view, and hell you name it, all have dramatically changed since the internet came along. We are all mostly 40 something professionals on this board. We are uniquely placed to observe and communicate between the new and old. We have to try and do that.

My comment to my mother's comments were really about how it took months of shit before it became more front of mind for her.

To your Us vs Them comment. Absolutely agreed. I think the groups we all can/want to associate with have globally jumped. There is no alignment on who we are, what we call ourselves, what we stand for, etc. That jump in available tribes to call home (internets) has brought out one of the natural states of human beings - negativity, fear and anger. Exactly your point there. 

Not sure what the answer is but we have to try. Being aware is step 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So what is the upper end of surveyor salaries?  Google seems to indicate $90K, which most engineers top not very long out of school. This is very important information.  The thread depends on it.

Haha for the sake of the thread, that number isn't close. That's probably close to starting at a small firm but closer to $150k for 5 to 10 year experienced PM/RPLS. 10 year plus with business development experience is around $250k.  

My original thread derailment point was that land surveyors, particularly in Texas, are no longer the red headed step child of the engineering/construction world. Not to say we are not all whores in one way or another, we just try to be the high end Vegas ones.

Then again this is based on my own observations and I don't have anything to prove so I don't think I need to go full rocko.

Back to the thread, fuck Trump.

17 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You hit on an important point here. I believe that most of our current state of affairs can be attributed to the loss of community. Fewer Americans belong to groups that yield community identity, and too many of the groups that do exist preach negative Us vs. Them views. People feel disconnected. Isolated. We focus on ourselves and our own problems. That breeds depression and anxiety. 

I feel like this country could really benefit from a mass movement to create local groups focused on service, community, and camaraderie. And it wouldn’t hurt to sprinkle in some enlightenment ideals and some actual knowledge of things like history, science, etc.

That is what is going on now.  

At the protest I was at, there were some Mexican teenagers.  I know this because they had Mexican flags.  They were there for their black friends.  They believed in the case deal that is America.

The kids are alright.  They got this.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Buck Strickland said:

Maybe but I think you are both referring to hiring field crew members vs. Registered surveyor.

That's what a surveyor is. And I was giving you party chief rates just to pump it up a bit. An LS in the office is maybe upper 20s tops.

• Hook 'Em 1

That's what a surveyor is. And I was giving you party chief rates just to pump it up a bit. An LS in the office is maybe upper 20s tops.

Maybe if you only know how to do lot and block title surveys.

Thank you for the education of what a surveyor is and good luck hiring one worth a shit at that beat down rate.

Agree to disagree

14 hours ago, Red Five said:

Imagine being undecided in August of 2020. "Yeah I don't know. Gonna have to see more before I can decide."

as stated above, there is no such person or people.  Republicans are dishonest people.  it should therefore be no surprise whatsoever that many of them lie in their poll answers.  “undecideds” are Trump voters.  so are the Republicans who say they are voting for Biden, save and except maybe a handful. 

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Ok so we get 4 more years of Trump and then after that the country REALLY goes to shit

My worldview is America as we’ve known it is over. Whatever comes after Trump will be some kind of reconstruction effort or further decent into a glorified mafia state.  Chances are we’ll get a little of both. This train ain’t turning around but it can find better tracks, if society is willing to work for it. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My worldview is America as we’ve known it is over. Whatever comes after Trump will be some kind of reconstruction effort or further decent into a glorified mafia state.  Chances are we’ll get a little of both. This train ain’t turning around but it can find better tracks, if society is willing to work for it. 

What a load of horseshit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

What a load of horseshit

What, you think beating Trump is going to fix anything other than stop the bleeding?  40% of the country has checked out and given up on sharing a reality. Where do you see this country in 10 years? I very much want to be wrong but things are not looking good! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What, you think beating Trump is going to fix anything other than stop the bleeding?  40% of the country has checked out and given up on sharing a reality. Where do you see this country in 10 years? I very much want to be wrong but things are not looking good! 

If warren were the nominee and wound up winning by 10 percentage points and got 500 EVs you would be singing the same tune. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If warren were the nominee and wound up winning by 10 percentage points and got 500 EVs you would be singing the same tune. 

I saw Warren as the best opportunity in this moment but even if she won the election, the odds of her pulling off what needs to be done were very slim.  I’ve said this before too. I’m still optimistic about the future, just not anytime soon. It’s going to take a real reckoning. Not even this catastrophic national response to the pandemic is waking enough people up. Trump is going to get 40%+ of the vote and that itself is horrifying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I saw Warren as the best opportunity in this moment but even if she won the election, the odds of her pulling off what needs to be done were very slim.  I’ve said this before too. I’m still optimistic about the future, just not anytime soon. It’s going to take a real reckoning. Not even this catastrophic national response to the pandemic is waking enough people up. Trump is going to get 40%+ of the vote and that itself is horrifying. 

You're not optimistic about anything. You take the absolutely most pessimistic stance on every available topic. And you will continue to do so even after Biden wins and Trump goes away just like every previous president has done after losing or being termed. You are already adjusting your narrative in anticipation of that inevitability. 

• Like 1