2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

That was my first fear as a gun owner, not gun nut. I fall closer to  @Brisketexan as I have a safe popping at the seams, but don’t feel the need to masturbate to them.   That said, I think I am going to purchase a few more geared towards protection rather than wing shooting. Not because of the mobs today, but because of what the mobs may be 10 years from now.  I don’t see things getting better for awhile. 

ETA: glad to see more aa’s purchasing firearms. People exercising their rights jumps aisles imo. 

You have a safe popping at the seam but need to buy a "few more" just for protection? 

16 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

You have a safe popping at the seam but need to buy a "few more" just for protection? 

I have lots of deer rifles, and over under shotguns.  Most are AAA+ wood.   And a dozen or so rifles passed down to my from grandfathers that I never was able to meet.  Several of those are 80+ years old and might not ever get fired for the rest of my life.  I hunt and shoot sporting clays, and have family heirlooms.  So basically a lot of arms that are good at holding 1-5 rounds, and being very intricate.  Additionally, it doesn't take long for a family of 5 to fill up even the largest of safes.  

So while yes, I've got a handful of arms, I don't have what you'd want if you were trying to defend yourself from anything more than a break in.  I've never really felt the need to have anything other than sporting arms.  You watch these videos, and see the tweets about making a difference by heading to the suburbs.  I think at some point, that's going to happen.  Even more likely if you live in an affluent area.  I don't think we are going to be able to reign in the police anytime soon; I think we will be dealing with this shit decades from now.  I'd rather have something purpose built that never gets used for the rest of my life, than to not have it if ever needed. My point was it may be time to grab a few where I don't have to worry about dinging a 2k dollar custom stock trying to get it out the safe.  Obviously 5mm people have had similar feelings.  That or the clay courses are about to get alot more crowded.   

I completely understand people have other feelings on the subject.  

21 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Biden up in Texas 48-47, public policy polling. 5 of last 8 polls show him with a lead in Texas. Get on the train.

I strongly think Biden needs to make a play for Texas to deal with the post-election fall-out.

In states that have large vote-by-mail turnouts, the results are going to be delayed.  And that's going to give Trump time to claim that votes that are received by mail are less valid.

But Texas--as we well know--is very restrictive on vote-by-mail.  So whatever the result in Texas, we're likely to know on Election Night.

If Biden wins Texas, then it's fucking over.  It. Is. Fucking. Over.  There is no scenario in which Trump loses Texas and wins the Electoral College.  

A win in Texas would short-circuit all of the post-election drama.  I'm sure Trump would still bitch about the election being "rigged" and file a bunch of litigation.  But it would lack any credibility.  You lost fucking Texas.

Guys--and I'm amazed to be saying this--but Texas may be the most important state in this election.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Going after Republicans is a bad play.

You assume that there are an equal number of Republicans.  That is false.

The Republican Party has no platform.  It has one position: elect Trump.  With that as its only guiding principle, it's amazing that there are 5% of Republicans who say they're voting for Biden.

Here's your real question--of the people who identified as Republican in 2008 and 2016, how many are voting for Biden.  I bet you it's a fuck-ton more than 8%.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

A sign of enthusiasm, right?

for real? AHHAHAHAHA 🤣

i mean, normal people don't really give a shit. but HE does. at least he did. 🤣🤣🤣

Guilfoyle may have been a blessing for them... that freakshow has gotten so much play today more people may watch just to see whatever the fuck else is gonna happen...

Edited by mchookem

51 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

A sign of enthusiasm, right?

Interesting. 28% down from 2016. Same as Ds. I’m sure you’ll get chastised for that oversight. Also I couldn’t find streaming numbers on twitter other than the CSpan numbers. 

• Fuck You 1

Interesting. 28% down from 2016. Same as Ds. I’m sure you’ll get chastised for that oversight.

It's almost like it wasn't an oversight and people made/are making fun of you because there is some obvious non-political factor driving the numbers down.

Nah, can't be.
  • Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Interesting. 28% down from 2016. Same as Ds. I’m sure you’ll get chastised for that oversight. Also I couldn’t find streaming numbers on twitter other than the CSpan numbers. 

I must have missed where Trump spoke at Day 1 of the RNC in 2016. Not sure why we would compare 2016 to 2020 if he didn’t. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

You are finally starting to get it.

Nothing new here.

They hate Trump and are temporarily not Republicans. As soon as some bloodless ghoul like Hawley shows up and reads off a teleprompter about how it is noble to demand black single mothers to work 3 jobs to preserve the moral fabric of the nation and to make abortions impossible those exact same people will become Republicans at the drop of a hat.

Meanwhile, the Democrats will have purposefully alienated their youth progressive base chasing people who hate them.

Where are these young progressives going to go? Maybe they’ll grow up a little and understand only getting what you want is for babies.

Watching progressives throw a temper tantrum for not getting everything they want and losing more elections is not new. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Nothing new here.

They hate Trump and are temporarily not Republicans. As soon as some bloodless ghoul like Hawley shows up and reads off a teleprompter about how it is noble to demand black single mothers to work 3 jobs to preserve the moral fabric of the nation and to make abortions impossible those exact same people will become Republicans at the drop of a hat.

Meanwhile, the Democrats will have purposefully alienated their youth progressive base chasing people who hate them.

Progressives need to learn patience.

lets all get rid of trump first then sort the rest out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, GRHorn said:

I would submit that people that feel compelled to buy a gun for the first time in 2020 are most often doing it for self defense or defending their family.

Why would there be a surge in people feeling the need to take their defense into their own hands? 🤔 🧐 

Is there one side in particular that has looked the other way when it comes to destructive citizens or the loss of “law and order”? 

Or is there any one side that wants to “defund the police”?

Perhaps people that feel newly compelled to defend themselves would be less likely to vote for a party that tacitly supports what is happening?

Maybe you can put the pieces together. 

If I were black, or jewish, or a child of immigrants, or basically anything other than the old white guy I am, and i didn't own a gun 4 years ago, I'm pretty damned sure I would have bought one (or more) in the last 3 or 4 years.

• Like 1

Great job four unrelated foreign bots.  You get to register Republican for those all important GOP primaries in September.  Oh wait.  

how sad is it though that foreign bots tweet with better grammar than our President?

Nothing new here.
This. No one should delude themselves. These voters will go home in 2022 and 2024, especially if Democrats win the trifecta and actually get a couple things done.

For this cycle, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, though. Bigger fish to fry.

Nice analysis from 538: Is the Electoral Map Changing?

tl;dr versioin:

States that moved red in 2016: Iowa, Ohio, Maine, Michigan

States that moved slightly red in 2016: Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Wisconsin

State that moved blue in 2016: Arizona, Georgia, Texas

Slight blue in 2016: Colorado, Virginia

Swing states: North Carolina

Don't know what the fuck they are doing: Florida (ok they are swing but you know what I mean)

Wisconsin was trending slightly Democratic in the early 2000s until Scott Walker came in and went scorched earth. They've always been more right leaning but I would say it wasn't excessively so. They had a history of progressiveness that seemed to occupy a sense of pride. I'd say that went the way of the WH pandemic binder. We'll see if the electorate can right the ship, but I sure as hell wouldn't trust the GOP not to do what they did during their recent election.

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This race is likely to come down to Wisconsin. Will Kenosha firmly swing the state to one side or the other? Could argue it both ways.

I really don't think so. This map could easily happen and I think it's Trump's best case scenario at this point:

image.png.9013cc28bb6979171f99afb1dca947bd.png

Edited by LurkingHorn

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This data surprised me. 

Biden outperforming Hillary in just one battleground state at the same point in the race (FL).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states-2020-vs-2016/

This was posted a couple pages back. @Storm the Field had a pretty good explanation of the data and why it seems closer compared to 2016. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This data surprised me. 

Biden outperforming Hillary in just one battleground state at the same point in the race (FL).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states-2020-vs-2016/

while shitty, one thing is that last time republicans said they weren't going to vote for him, https://time.com/4546942/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-lead-poll/, but they actually did.  now, trump has 96% approval among republicans (Thank you!) and he is still losing.  there isn't anywhere for him to get those extra votes.

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This data surprised me. 

There were a lot more undecideds at this point in 2016.  We won't see that kind of volatility this time around. 

But good to know leftist hack Walker Bragman's concern trolling was picked up by Republicans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This data surprised me. 

Never mind that Trump is now an incumbent running for re-election. Also ignores 2018 results. But I’m sure everything is fine and the average American isn’t offended by crime, corruption, and blatant lies from the current administration. Why even attempt to reach out to moderates? Just invite QAnon supporters to speak at the convention while winking at a racist who called Obama a monkey. You’re doing great.