2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

This is a nation founded on the backs of slaves and on the notion of white supremacy. It is still largely populated by white racists.

That's how.

Well that and the killing of the Indians. Or maybe that was all the smallpox doing.

Hey back then it was kill or be killed. I get it. I guess. 

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

People who vote based on abortion as their single issue are so god damned stupid. I heard that lady yesterday too and wanted to scream in her face.

Yeah, made the mistake of getting into it with a friend's friends on FB. 

They think Trump is pro-life, but he likely forced more women in his life to have abortions than he has children - though he probably should have aborted them all.

OTOH, Biden is ripping fetuses out of women despite the face that until recently, he has opposed government funding of abortions.

This needs to go nationwide...here on out. Make Election Weekend/Day a national ban on sports. Open polls at every stadium and arena in the country.  You already have the ushers who can do logistics.  Open up parking. Make it a free weekend on CTA/BART/METRA. Executed correctly, it’s a Swiss fucking watch.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

People who vote based on abortion as their single issue are so god damned stupid. I heard that lady yesterday too and wanted to scream in her face.

Force babies to be born and then abandon them, all the while blaming the mother. That's the rightwing mindset on this issue. 

I called the Collin County Democrat Office this morning to see how I could get involved, unfortunately, they are closed due to Covid. The Republican office is open. I think the Dems are being a bit too cautious remaining closed 2 months out particularly with the 3rd district race being close. Luckily I got this text if anyone is interested, sign up. It's the least we can do with Jacob Wohl and others trying to depress black turnout.

Screenshot-20200828-115524.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

This needs to go nationwide...here on out. Make Election Weekend/Day a national ban on sports. Open polls at every stadium and arena in the country.  You already have the ushers who can do logistics.  Open up parking. Make it a free weekend on CTA/BART/METRA. Executed correctly, it’s a Swiss fucking watch.

In Texas, this only works for early voting. On Election Day you have to vote at your precinct voting location. Not sure about rules in other states. 

Perhaps sports should go on a hiatus for several days before Election Day for this very purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

In Texas, this only works for early voting. On Election Day you have to vote at your precinct voting location. Not sure about rules in other states. 

Perhaps sports should go on a hiatus for several days before Election Day for this very purpose. 

Not sure about other counties, but in Harris you can vote at any precinct on Election Day. 

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

In PA we don’t have early voting but hienz field and ppg arena are planning to open up as polling locations on Election Day. 

the primary was a clusterfuck because they closed so many polling locations because of Covid. They also inexplicably didn’t reach out to previous polling workers, just assuming they didn’t want to. So the vast majority were working there for the first time and had no idea what they were doing. 

Edited by heso

15 minutes ago, heso said:

In PA we don’t have early voting but hienz field and ppg arena are planning to open up as polling locations on Election Day. 

the primary was a clusterfuck because they closed so many polling locations because of Covid. They also inexplicably didn’t reach out to previous polling workers, just assuming they didn’t want to. So the vast majority were working there for the first time and had no idea what they were doing. 

sounds very american

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I expect there are some gop lawyers tasked today to fight this.

I can’t imagine how the GOP would stop this.

it should be legal because the people who own the venues that are being used are on board , the venues will be properly staffed, and they will follow all rules / regulations. 

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Not sure about other counties, but in Harris you can vote at any precinct on Election Day. 

Huh, I guess that’s relatively new. I always vote early so haven’t had to deal with it in a long time, but that used to be the rule unless I’m crazy and dreamed it. 

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

I called the Collin County Democrat Office this morning to see how I could get involved, unfortunately, they are closed due to Covid. The Republican office is open. I think the Dems are being a bit too cautious remaining closed 2 months out particularly with the 3rd district race being close. 

Denver election office said they've had more than 3000 applications for 1100 election official slots. They apportion the election officials equally across D/R/I party affiliations, and said they don't need anymore Democrats. Either it's a huge fraudulent conspiracy, or Dems are signing up to volunteer in droves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Travis yes, been like that for a while. Harris introduced this in 2018 I believe. I think Dallas and Bexas are on board as well but not sure.

It's a no brainer and there's no good faith reason to oppose it.

45 minutes ago, thepop said:

I never understood not voting early. 

I agree! Here in Travis county there are many places available from October 13th until the 30th. While I believe Election Day should be a National holiday and people have the right to vote on that day—-early voting is awesome. Most places are 7 days a week and open 12 hours a day. The last time I voted on Election Day was a damn mess so now I always vote early. 

for those in Travis: they will update closer to the 13th on where to go to early vote.  If you haven’t registered you can find out what you need to do here:

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I agree! Here in Travis county there are many places available from October 13th until the 30th. While I believe Election Day should be a National holiday and people have the right to vote on that day—-early voting is awesome. Most places are 7 days a week and open 12 hours a day. The last time I voted on Election Day was a damn mess so now I always vote early. 

for those in Travis: they will update closer to the 13th on where to go to early vote.  If you haven’t registered you can find out what you need to do here:

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov

I early vote a majority of the time. One of my children was old enough to vote this year and so I took him along for his first election so he could see how easy it is and also how going early keeps the wait short to nonexistent.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I early vote a majority of the time. One of my children was old enough to vote this year and so I took him along for his first election so he could see how easy it is and also how going early keeps the wait short to nonexistent.

Not all states will have early voting but most do. Some have in-ballot only.

here is the link for each state and the links for each state:

https://www.vote.org/early-voting-calendar/

I took my mom early voting several years ago and she has done it ever since. I haven’t had any issues so far.

Though this election is definitely going to be different from any I have ever experienced.

That’s so cool you took your son. Not enough people seem to know about or take advantage of early voting. It really does make voting so easy. 

Normally I am a huge procrastinator and wait until the last damn minute for almost everything, but this is one of the few things I do early. 

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not all states will have early voting but most do. Some have in-ballot only.

here is the link for each state and the links for each state:

https://www.vote.org/early-voting-calendar/

I took my mom early voting several years ago and she has done it ever since. I haven’t had any issues so far.

Though this election is definitely going to be different from any I have ever experienced.

That’s so cool you took your son. Not enough people seem to know about or take advantage of early voting. It really does make voting so easy. 

Normally I am a huge procrastinator and wait until the last damn minute for almost everything, but this is one of the few things I do early. 

Some states have 30 days of early voting. Texas usually only offers a sparse week and a half.

10 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Some states have 30 days of early voting. Texas usually only offers a sparse week and a half.

This year it’s October 13th through the 30th. Which is good. 7 am to 7 pm 7 days a week for almost most locations. This year at any rate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It takes some of the 'I don't know if I want to fuss with this' out of it. Some young people love to go out and do or try new things. Others don't. I've tried to take the philosophy with my children that I don't and won't do it for you (when it comes to learning how to do something--obv can't vote for him!), but I'm happy to guide you if you want to ask questions. Sure young people lead busy lives, but I occasionally wonder if others don't vote because they are a little intimidated by the process. He didn't turn 18 until after hs, so he didn't fill out a card at school.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It takes some of the 'I don't know if I want to fuss with this' out of it. Some young people love to go out and do or try new things. Others don't. I've tried to take the philosophy with my children that I don't and won't do it for you (when it comes to learning how to do something--obv can't vote for him!), but I'm happy to guide you if you want to ask questions. Sure young people lead busy lives, but I occasionally wonder if others don't vote because they are a little intimidated by the process. He didn't turn 18 until after hs, so he didn't fill out a card at school.

Like I said it’s so great you took your son. It would be great if more people did that so people can see the process is almost like going to the self-check at the grocery store and not intimidating. Here I go to a community center and it’s run by senior citizens who are all tooooooo excited to tell us young folk how to use the voting machines. They really do get excited to show you how to use it. Then you get your “I voted” sticker and move on. Lol. 

I fear if I waited until the day of my car would break down/get a flat, have no money for Uber or anyone willing to take me or I’d have Covid or something and not be able to go. Which seriously is the kind of shit that would happen to me. Lmao.

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ve always voted early on the first day. That way I get to experience the same anticipation as a child waiting for Christmas. But instead of gifts, I get really drunk and lament the South.

Well going early means that you can also maybe get drunk on Election Day. Ha! Just kidding! I know most people have to work. But still...this Election Day might require some strong libations. 

Im also hoping to make an early vote count thread where I update the totals every day similar to the runoff primary thread this year. So please give me a reason to overreact. I’ll post the numbers from counties by top 5, top 10 and overall 2016 v 2020 according to SOS and early clerk totals from twitter updates and what have you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This year it’s October 13th through the 30th. Which is good. 7 am to 7 pm 7 days a week for almost most locations. This year at any rate. 

Everyone in a state that can should vote early and encourage everyone else they know to do so.

I used to not to but that was before I realized the Republican Party had turned into the Nazi party.

They plan on pulling all kinds of shit on Election Day. So vote early so their shit pulling plans will be minimized. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well going early means that you can also maybe get drunk on Election Day. Ha! Just kidding! I know most people have to work. But still...this Election Day might require some strong libations. 

I am using a vacation day for November 4. No matter the outcome, I will be drinking heavily. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Hell, take it one step further. Get a game ticket when you come out of the voting center.

Is that legal?

I am using a vacation day for November 4. No matter the outcome, I will be drinking heavily. 

Me too.

And I’m so jealous of all y’all that have early voting.

Hell, Alabama makes it so hard to even vote absentee (ballot has to be notarized and signed by two witnesses and be received 5 days prior to Election Day) that I’m not even playing with that option.

So I’ll be waiting my happy masked ass in line.
  • Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ve always voted early on the first day. That way I get to experience the same anticipation as a child waiting for Christmas. But instead of gifts, I get really drunk and lament the South.

So . . . exactly like Christmas, then.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to know who came up with the NBA players and owners compromise to allow voting in arenas they control to resolve this particular stand off because whoever did is a fucking genius at resolving disputes. I’d like to say it was me but sorry surly, alas it was not.