2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Donald Trump is going to declare victory on election night no matter what. He might even be leading in reliably blue states because of widespread mail in voting.
It will be interesting to see how the left reacts. 
I'm thinking panic.

....resignation. You accurately stated how it will go.

He will win. Winning is defined as “remaining in power.” It has nothing do to with actual results, or free and fair elections. The chances of those happening are quite low.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

....resignation. You accurately stated how it will go.

He will win. Winning is defined as “remaining in power.” It has nothing do to with actual results, or free and fair elections. The chances of those happening are quite low.

I would like to think that people opposed to such authoritarianism would grind this nation to a halt by refusing to work.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Edited by David Dennison

Donald Trump got 41.8% in 2016.
He's not going to improve on that in 2020.
Agreed he won't improve his performance - clearly I overstated his prior. Didnt realize it was only 42.

Still, the overarching point stands. Biden will have to noticeably outperform Beto O'Rourke in the suburbs to win. That doesn't seem particularly likely.

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Trump continues to break the polling https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/politics/trump-polling-analysis/index.html

For those who say Biden is going to win in a landslide. This is starting to feel like 2016 all over again.

Quoting this from the article. This is encouraging. 

A plurality of Americans thought that the Republicans would hold onto the House in 2018, even as polling suggested otherwise. They were blown out.

I knew the house was going to flip by the summer of 2018. I’m not going to say the presidency is locked in for Biden, but I think he has a better shot then Clinton did as long as Biden gets out of his basement after Labor Day, works hard, visits places, and doesn’t mess up the debates.

4 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There isn't one single data point over the last 4 years that suggests Trump or the GOP has grown their share of the voting pool.

Yep. Trump will get about the same number of votes he got in 2016. Biden will get more than Hillary got. Biden will be declared the president. Trump will bitch a lot and threaten not to leave. Then the day before Biden’s inauguration trump will pardon every criminal he knows (and he knows a lot) then flee the country. 

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Also the director of the FBI probably won't announce a week before the election that Joe Biden is under investigation. 

Edit: Bill Barr will. 

Even so, one of the remarkable things about Comey's announcement was, he was the Administration's FBI Director.  An administration aligned with and of the same party as Clinton. 

So he wasn't even subject to partisan attack, much.

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Also the director of the FBI probably won't announce a week before the election that Joe Biden is under investigation. 

Edit: Bill Barr will. 

I really don’t think that fat fuck is capable of changing anyone’s minds. He’s no James comey.

i don’t believe a word Barr says. I usually just tune him out and assume he’s a political hack for Trump with no credibility. Trump saved his career and took him off the scrap heap, the guy is 110% loyal to trump and doesn’t care about anything else.

This guy on youtube took current averages and accounted for the 2016 election day shift between actual numbers and final polls. For example, Texas was +11.7 in 2016 in polls, actually won by +9. Currently Texas is +1.2, so the same 2.7 point shift would give Biden a win in Texas. His map accounting for that looks like this. Even if we take out Texas and call that a pipe dream, it's still favorable.

image.thumb.png.fd4025e15c0211eae589bde35af156d4.png

1 hour ago, RPM said:

We're a bunch of quivering pussies. Wait for the debates. Uncle Joe will mop the floor with Trump. Kamala will tear Pence a new asshole. He probably needs one as worn out as it is.

It's understandable that spirits are low after hearing Trump and his sycophants gaslight the country for four straight nights. It's psychologically draining even for the most optimistic of us.

People wonder why elections are held at all in autocratic countries like Belarus, Russia, and Turkey if they are just going to get fucked with. It's because fucking with the outcome is the point. It's psychological warfare. It's a show of strength.

Trump is well aware of this. He took the opportunity to openly flaunt norms and spout lies that the media has no real appetite to fact check to the necessary extent. Because he can.

40% of us are stupid or selfish or hateful enough to eat it up. We're losing sleep what the other 15% will think.

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Mayo on a burger is disgusting.  Mustard only.

A thin layer of mayo applied to the bun can help protect the bun from soaking in juices from the burger and other condiments.  But, it's enough to really taste, jesus, work in a salad now and again.  Nobody needs a gob of fat applied to a burger.  

Edited by Tuco

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Mayo on a burger is disgusting.  Mustard only.

wrong

7 minutes ago, Tuco said:

A thin layer of mayo applied to the bun can help protect the bun from soaking in juices from the burger and other condiments.  But, it's enough to really taste, jesus, work in a salad now and again.  Nobody needs a gob of fat applied to a burger.  

Mayo is also preferable to butter for toasting. You are correct about a thin layer. It's easy to over do it like most people do with mustard. Cheap yellow mustard.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

Except that the last free and fair Presidential election was in 2012.  That a majority still think 2020 will be free & fair is part of what makes an unfree and unfair Trump “victory” a very real possibility — in spite of polling numbers.

Polls are irrelevant until those who value democracy take control and harden our elections against improper influence.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tuco said:

No fucking shit. Whose fucking applying it directly to a burger- a savage. Thin layer of mayo spread on the top of a toasted bun, with two slices of tomatoes, grilled onions and melted cheese on the burger. All on the top. Then patty, then bottom bun, directly to the patty. 

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Condiment talk not going away.  Focus, people. 

There is nothing in life more important than condiments. In fact, I don't even like food, it's merely a vehicle for the condiments.

Plus, I had a burger yesterday for the first time in ages, so this is a timely diversion. Dijon mustard btw.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No fucking shit. Whose fucking applying it directly to a burger- a savage. Thin layer of mayo spread on the top of a toasted bun, with two slices of tomatoes, grilled onions and melted cheese on the burger. All on the top. Then patty, then bottom bun, directly to the patty. 

Utah, get me two! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Trump's base hasn't grown in size.  What it has done is grow in volume and audaciousness.   Along with arrogance and incivility.    I think the people all the sudden hanging Trump flags and wearing red caps are the some who voted for him in 16.  They are just mouthier about it now.    

Also I tend to think that there is a chunk of them who will either not vote, or vote Biden in the general.   They don't have the balls to admit their god's a loser for fear of peer pressure.  But in the privacy of the booths, I see that happening a lot more often with Trump voters swinging blue than the other way around.

Another thing is I have been working the state voter assistance hotline and have talked to a lot of people who are really intent on voting, and making sure their vote gets counted.   And all this confusion Trump has been spreading isn't doing the county clerks or election admins much good either.    Then he comes out and says they will be the cause of his failure, not the USPS.  

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

National polls are not worthless. If there is a Momentum shift in the electorate, it’s reflective I’m the national polls. If Trump starts trending favorably there, be ready because Trump could win.

As a side note, I am putting this shit on everything.  Burgers, in tunafish, on sandwiches.  

Today, as we were having brunch with the girls, my youngest said "Do you smell that?"  "What?"  Everyone looks around.  "It smells kind of like B.O."  Everyone looks around some more, does the "smell the underarm" motion.  Then kid looks at me and say - oh, it's that hummus you put on your omelet.

large_3ffd2eae-2d02-4349-a520-02fe089d85

Is it possible there's a silent minority is some of these trump towns/counties?  Someone earlier mentioned trumpland just west of Austin in Mason, Blanco, Burnet counties etc.  Is it possible there are folks there who put up all of the trump stuff to be part of the in-group but will secretly vote Biden in the booth?

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Is it possible there's a silent minority is some of these trump towns/counties?  Someone earlier mentioned trumpland just west of Austin in Mason, Blanco, Burnet counties etc.  Is it possible there are folks there who put up all of the trump stuff to be part of the in-group but will secretly vote Biden in the booth?

john candy no.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

No.

There are a lot more “silent Trump voters” than there are “I’ll act Trumpy to be cool, but will really vote Biden” voters. There are functionally none of those.
  • Like 1