2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

38 minutes ago, Skyline said:

This is such bad faith. 

Twitter was a mistake, Anastasis is right about that. 

Complete gaslighting. When Biden makes a point that can’t  be disputed, they’re going to turn it on him that he said something else. The past few years have taught us that repeating a lie enough makes it “true” for many. And if you get enough conservative voices to quickly repeat that lie, it will temper what Biden says.

I imagine there is a whats app or similar messaging platform conversation for many of these known personalities to quickly align together. And a second conversation for personalities that pretend to be libertarian but potentially are financed by the right.

3 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

That’s the least controversial claim made in the entire article. Trump is not some aspiring dictator, and isn’t even invested in using the power he currently holds by taking an active hand in running his own administration.  The things his administration have done that are anti-democratic are things that any Republican administration would do as his admin is filled with the same people as would occupy any generic Republican administration.

e murphy trading places look.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thepop said:

What's your experience been so far texting/calling?

I phone banked for Andrew Yang and it was unsettling. The only people that answered were elderly. Even though I wasn't selling anything or taking any information it felt like taking advantage of them somehow. I didn't like it.

46 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

cmon man!

i watched his entire speech, which seemed to last about 20 minutes, give or take.  as i watched this part, which was his one "flub" or "gaffe" or whatever you want to call it, i thought to myself, i bet the right can't wait to post a 15 second clip of this on twitter, since it's the only part of his speech that he stumbled over.

missed it by 4 seconds.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So your attempt to advocate for me or anyone else to go back and actually read that article is to claim that the big, fast, steaming pile of fetid bullshit he spews at they very beginning is actually the least absurd, stupid, just completely un-tethered from reality bit of shit in the article?

That's a bold move, Cotton. But I guess you're saying he made no effort to drain the swamp after all? Agree with you there. 

No, the point is that anyone who believes that Trump is an existential threat to democracy is a child’s understanding of how this administration actually operates. 

• Fuck You 7

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

No, the point is that anyone who believes that Trump is an existential threat to democracy is a child’s understanding of how this administration actually operates. 

That is mind numbingly stupid. Even for a 6 year old with a learning disability. It doesn't matter if you think his aspirations aren't actually as profound as being an autocrat, or literally wanting to start a race war. He's the candidate, and if the people he continues to employ in their administrative roles (and his enablers in Congress) do things that effectively bring about any of those terrible things (and barr shitting all over the Constitution and Rule of Law is a threat to democracy as our guardrails continue to be destroyed) then guess what, he is a fucking existential threat to democracy. 

Get fucked, troll. And get better material. I think your persona would do well over at Texags.  

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Do you know what "existential threat" actually means?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That is mind numbingly stupid. Even for a 6 year old with a learning disability. It doesn't matter if you think his aspirations aren't actually as profound as being an autocrat, or literally wanting to start a race war. He's the candidate, and if the people he continues to employ in their administrative roles (and his enablers in Congress) do things that effectively bring about any of those terrible things (and barr shitting all over the Constitution and Rule of Law is a threat to democracy as our guardrails continue to be destroyed) then guess what, he is a fucking existential threat to democracy. 

Get fucked, troll. And get better material. I think your persona would do well over at Texags.  

This is just bemoaning the rightward drift of the party and ordinary Republican corruption, not arguing that Trump is some sui generis tyrant that must be stopped at any cost. If you had bother to read the article, you would see that the thrust of his argument is that voting in conservative Democrats will only make these problems worse. 

• Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

How many would be willing to bet that Joe Biden will not be the President next year if Trump loses the electoral college?  Loser is IP banned. 

you're all over the place man, please doublecheck that you took your meds this morning. 

Back to your stance that Trump ain't no different than all the other Repubs...

1)  how many Republican presidents have you been alive under, and please provide examples that support this stance.  And if you reference Reagan or either of the Bushes, then I call bullshit.

2)  I purport that you're entangling a different argument:  these current batch of Repubs are hitching their rides to Trump because they're whores (but really, so are all politicians).  Trump's campaign strat got him elected, so clearly it should work for the rest of em.

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Complete gaslighting. When Biden makes a point that can’t  be disputed, they’re going to turn it on him that he said something else. The past few years have taught us that repeating a lie enough makes it “true” for many. And if you get enough conservative voices to quickly repeat that lie, it will temper what Biden says.

I imagine there is a whats app or similar messaging platform conversation for many of these known personalities to quickly align together. And a second conversation for personalities that pretend to be libertarian but potentially are financed by the right.

I had a nice time hoping they would fuck off to Parler like some attempted to.

This is the end result of everyone trying to position themselves as the next Rush by leapfrogging. 

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

This is just bemoaning the rightward drift of the party and ordinary Republican corruption, not arguing that Trump is some sui generis tyrant that must be stopped at any cost. If you had bother to read the article, you would see that the thrust of his argument is that voting in conservative Democrats will only make these problems worse. 

So after all this, your whole point is "Listen, Republicans are the existential threat the democracy, not Trump specifically." 

As I said  before, I tried to read your article, and was immediately met by a plate of shit. I came back, and you've assured me that there's an entire human centipede of shit in that article if I'd just give it a chance, and each subsequent post you've mode hasn't even attempted to portray anything otherwise. 

As JimmyJazz said, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "existential," and I'll second and proffer the notion that you struggle with the concept of Democracy as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is STILL amazing to me. I should be numb to it, but I'm not. He says this and they scream it's blackmail, but meanwhile Donald Trump has been saying only he can save us from his American for fucking weeks and my brain has been screaming "THAT'S HOLDING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HOSTAGE AS A CAMPAIGN STRATEGY" and so few seem to fucking get it. I just can't even. 

The conveniently ignore that Trump has spent his entire presidency stoking every fire and culture war he possibly can. Nope, the real instigator is leftie commie Joe Biden. Complete gas lighting. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The 2016 'Trump as president' logic doesn't work in 2020.  

But, then again, the Rs are running on the 2016 platform, so why not double down on the stupid when you've got absolutely nothing else?

29 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

How many would be willing to bet that Joe Biden will not be the President next year if Trump loses the electoral college?  Loser is IP banned. 

nothing says "i believe in democracy" more than proposing a bet that disallows the loser to post their opinions on a public message board. 

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So after all this, your whole point is "Listen, Republicans are the existential threat the democracy, not Trump specifically." 

As I said  before, I tried to read your article, and was immediately met by a plate of shit. I came back, and you've assured me that there's an entire human centipede of shit in that article if I'd just give it a chance, and each subsequent post you've mode hasn't even attempted to portray anything otherwise. 

As JimmyJazz said, I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "existential," and I'll second and proffer the notion that you struggle with the concept of Democracy as well. 

Think about what happened in 2010, and in 2016 when the Dems did not have a charismatic candidate leading the ticket.  What is to stop those same things from happening (only worse as we will get someone who is deadly series like Cotton and not a clown like Trump) in 2022 and 2024?  If the dems live by the same rule that has guided every one of their administrations since Carter, then the resentment that fueled Trump's election isn't going anywhere, even after cheeto dick has been defeated.  

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Think about what happened in 2010, and in 2016 when the Dems did not have a charismatic candidate leading the ticket.  What is to stop those same things from happening (only worse as we will get someone who is deadly series like Cotton and not a clown like Trump) in 2022 and 2024?  If the dems live by the same rule that has guided every one of their administrations since Carter, then the resentment that fueled Trump's election isn't going anywhere, even after cheeto dick has been defeated.  

If only the Ds would be nicer to the neo-fascist racists hell bent on establishing a theocracy, Fozzz would be more supportive.  Get fucked, you mealy-mouthed equivocating shitpile.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Here you go.

Begin freak out.

Great poll.  I definitely believe Trump is getting almost 20% of the AA vote and almost 40% of the Hispanic vote.  Totally aligns with reality. 

Edited to add that I find it completely unsurprising that Trump's approvals are 49% approval to 47% disapproval.  Do you bother to read the shit you post?

Edited by Herpa Derpa

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

If only the Ds would be nicer to the neo-fascist racists hell bent on establishing a theocracy, Fozzz would be more supportive.  Get fucked, you mealy-mouthed equivocating shitpile.

The best thing for the Democratic Party to do would be to embrace the left and move hard in that direction in every way possible.

Sadly, the party will continue to try to straddle the middle and never get a base nearly as rabid as the Republicans.

This is why Democrats lose.

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You've refuted nothing I've said because you can't. Just because there's other evils out there that may or may not manifest doesn't make the current President and his selected administration a threat to democracy. Satan himself could be on the ticket in 2024 if Biden wins, but that doesn't mean the fucks in the White House now aren't a threat. Period. 

Stop trolling, or stop being so rock fucking stupid. I know, I know, you can't do either because you're a fucking stupid piece of shit. 

Just now, Herpa Derpa said:

Great poll.  I definitely believe Trump is getting almost 20% of the AA vote and almost 40% of the Hispanic vote.  Totally aligns with reality. 

Well, it's A- rated by 538 and is considered to be one of the best pollsters out there.

Of course this particular poll might be an outlier.

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Here you go.

Begin freak out.

Here's the biggest reason to freak out from that article, imo.

Voters planning to vote early in person are breaking for Trump 50% to 49% while those who plan to vote in person on election break for the President 57% to 37%. Voters who said they plan to vote by mail break for Biden 67% to 28%.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

The Dems fell into a trap by pushing the mail-in vote option and elevating it to a virtue signaling behavior. That shit is way too easy to manipulate.

Some get it. Michelle Obama in her speech saying "GO IN PERSON IF YOU CAN" was great. But as usual, the democrats are stupid motherfuckers and have failed to consistently bring this up and hammer it over and over and over again to people. It should be in every single message they put out. "Don't vote by mail, it's rigged. Go in person and go early if you can." 

It's not just that they fell into the trap, it's that many realize it's a trap and they aren't doing or saying shit to correct the mistake. Par for the fucking course. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I'm not one to discount polls, but who here actually answers their phone anymore to a spam caller?

I've voted thru several cycles, been registered since day 1, and I've gotten exactly one (1) text.  It was from Beto, and it was my name, to my wife's phone.   I'm amazed at all the calls and surveys people get. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Some get it. Michelle Obama in her speech saying "GO IN PERSON IF YOU CAN" was great. But as usual, the democrats are stupid motherfuckers and have failed to consistently bring this up and hammer it over and over and over again to people. It should be in every single message they put out. "Don't vote by mail, it's rigged. Go in person and go early if you can." 

It's not just that they fell into the trap, it's that many realize it's a trap and they aren't doing or saying shit to correct the mistake. Par for the fucking course. 

This is what is going to allow Trump to declare victory on election night.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

This is what is going to allow Trump to declare victory on election night.

If the vote by mail is the majority of Biden voters and/or the margin of difference, it won't just be election night. It'll be the same results 3 weeks later. And 3 months. Those ballots will be tossed in fires as they roll in after election night. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the vote by mail is the majority of Biden voters and/or the margin of difference, it won't just be election night. It'll be the same results 3 weeks later. And 3 months. Those ballots will be tossed in fires as they roll in after election night. 

Joe Biden will be elected president or we will have a genuinely illegitimate head of state and government.

That would be unprecedented in American history, save for maybe Rutherford B. Hayes.

38 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this, but was there even a crowd/press there to take questions from?

i was initially under the impression that there was some press there.  that said, i heard no attempts from anyone to ask anything afterwards, so i would assume either no one was there, or they were told there would be no questions and were really well-behaved.  i'm leaning towards the former.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

At least with the primaries, vote by mail ballots that were received prior to election day were counted prior to election day, or maybe just prior to the close of polls.  The results were announced much quicker than other elections.  I'm not sure why it would be different for the general.  And I doubt most Democrats will hold onto their ballots until election day.  

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

we're planning on filling out our mail-in ballot but dropping it in person at a polling place, likely before election day.

does that count as vote-by-mail?

also, since mail-in ballots can start to be mailed fairly soon, wouldn't they start counting those ballots once they're received?  i know trump wants us to believe it'll take months or years to count all these ballots, but it's not like they're gonna start counting them at 9pm election night. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden will be elected president or we will have a genuinely illegitimate head of state and government.

That would be unprecedented in American history, save for maybe Rutherford B. Hayes.

And? Our very short history of a nation in no way predicts any future outcomes. That's like saying that well, since all of you fuckheads were virgins at some point you're all still virgins now. And that's clearly only the case for about 60-65% of Surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

we're planning on filling out our mail-in ballot but dropping it in person at a polling place, likely before election day.

also, since mail-in ballots can start to be mailed fairly soon, wouldn't they start counting those ballots once they're received?  i know trump wants us to believe it'll take months or years to count all these ballots, but it's not like they're gonna start counting them at 9pm election night. 

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

also someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but there's a margin in the popular vote that can't mathematically be overcome even in the wonky electoral college.  it's like 6.3% or something.  i did a quick search but couldn't find it.  i know the number exists.  hillary actually got fairly close. 

anyone thinking trump can lose the popular vote by 7-8mm and still win should rest a little easier, even with suppression tactics ready to fire.  i'm not saying this is a lock (it is, but that's not what i'm saying).  i'm saying that if trump wins, rigged or not, then the national pop vote numbers we're seeing are off.

mathematically speaking if only one person voted in california, texas, floriduh, new york, illinois, pennsylvania, ohio, meatchicken, georgia, north carolina, and new jersey, and they all voted the same way, and everyone else in the country did vote, and they all voted the same way, the winner of the electoral college would lose the popular vote 11 to shit tons. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And? Our very short history of a nation in no way predicts any future outcomes. That's like saying that well, since all of you fuckheads were virgins at some point you're all still virgins now. And that's clearly only the case for about 60-65% of Surly. 

If Trump wins, we'll either roll over and accept it or we'll respond with widespread and historic civil unrest.

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

At least with the primaries, vote by mail ballots that were received prior to election day were counted prior to election day, or maybe just prior to the close of polls.  The results were announced much quicker than other elections.  I'm not sure why it would be different for the general.  And I doubt most Democrats will hold onto their ballots until election day.  

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

I assume all ballots received very early will be counted and released when the polls close at various locations. And while dropping at a ballot box isn't the same as using the USPS, I'm not sure anything doesn't get lost at this point. But the problem is the folks who wait a few more weeks, and then us USPS. the stuff coming out of the thread continues to be wildly disturbing. I applied for a ballot for myself and wife, sent them in, and since them have told her that we're going to bird dog the local voting place for weeks if necessary and pop in when there's no lines. 

• Hook 'Em 1