2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread -- News, Notes, Trades, etc

Reynolds Woodcock

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

rockets/wolves

warriros/spurs

blazers/pelicans

thunder/jazzz

still don't know homecourt in those last two, but those are your 4 western conference playoff matchups.

I wonder if Popovich can make the Spurs a tough out for the Warriors.

Trail Blazers and Pelicans have the potential to be the most exciting of the first round matchups, but I believe Trail Blazers win regardless of who has home court.

I am hoping the Jazz can pull off home court in the first round.

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Thunder vs Jazz will be fun

Going off the premise that Portland will win tonight (which I think will happen considering Portland is up 14 at halftime at home), I am hoping that the Jazz can make it a 7 game series against the Thunder who will have the home court. Thunder won the regular season series 3-1 with Utah's only victory coming at home in the first game between the teams.

Kings and Magic suck at tanking, lost ping pong balls with wins tonight.
Glad the Mavs knew what was up and did everything in their power lose last night. Even to a team in the Suns who wanted to lose as much as they did. The rosters of what each team rolled out last night was hysterical.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, Chapo said:
Kings and Magic suck at tanking, lost ping pong balls with wins tonight.

Glad the Mavs knew what was up and did everything in their power lose last night. Even to a team in the Suns who wanted to lose as much as they did. The rosters of what each team rolled out last night was hysterical.

Why do ppl even show up to watch these games?

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Teague has a history of not being a factor when it matters. But he did make some solid plays tonight. 

Yeah I like Teague. I was referring to a play where Wiggins was fouled but then passed the ball to Jeff Teague who wasn’t even touched- nobody got anywhere near him- and one of the Minnesota TV guys was trying to argue that Teague should be shooting the FTs instead of Wiggins.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

Why do ppl even show up to watch these games?
Good question. Maybe to take their family who usually can't afford to go and get better seats than normal? About all I can't think of. Being the last game until next season? It was a farce. Hell I'm curious what the ratings were here locally for that game. Just glad Dallas lost though.

11 hours ago, Kermit said:

God, I fucking hate Russell Westbrook’s stupid bitchass. I hope you never win anything of consequence, you stupid, stat padding, wannabe fashion whatever the fuck you wear, moronic asshole. Go fuck yourself.

I honestly don't have a problem with him going after the triple double. That's an amazing record no matter how it was accomplished. And while Westbrook's overall game isn't necessarily to my taste, the guy goes out there and gives it everything he's got every single night. He may be a ballhog and a stat chaser, but the dude busts his ass. It's not his fault that he isn't smart enough to see how he's hurting his team - he's just doing what he knows how to do.

Also,  I remember when I was a kid and David Thompson scored 73 points to try to take the scoring title on the last day of the season. Then Ice went out and dropped 63 (53 in the first half) on the Jazz later that night to win it back. I thought that was some cool shit back then. Still do. If you ever want to criticize people for stat chasing....

all these talk about triple double, Lebron should have gone out to do it years ago before Westbrook. Shoot, he could have done it this year and steal some extra MVP votes; people would be like "well MJ never average a triple double".

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

the NBA should be ashamed, borderline unwatchable for well over a decade now....disband the east

This is probably the best, most interesting slate of matchups in the East since the lockout...which says quite a bit about the conference.

18 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

the NBA should be ashamed, borderline unwatchable for well over a decade now....disband the east

I find all of those matchups at least somewhat watchable. 

LeBron should take care of business, but I don't think Oladipo will go down as quietly as Paul "No OT tonight" George did.

Philly is lacking in playoff experience, and will be missing Embiid for at least part of the series at the very least. Meanwhile, Coach Spo has had Miami playing over their heads ever since LeBron left, but nobody's paid attention.

Milwaukee and Washington are prime examples of talented teams that underachieved during the regular season but could easily make life hell for their favored opponents, especially an undermanned Boston.