Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

He charged it to the game. He also charged a ton of money against the cap for 3 seasons of shitty performances. 

Kinda like he did with all that jewelry early on. Did he ever end up paying for it?

We should have known Dez's career wouldn't end well when he first got banned from the mall.

15 hours ago, DougO said:

Kinda like he did with all that jewelry early on. Did he ever end up paying for it?

We should have known Dez's career wouldn't end well when he first got banned from the mall.

you still on your horse that we should keep him and pay him because we’ll be so much worse off without him?  that was a great take, by the way. 

Edited by futureman

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

you still on your horse that we should keep him and pay him because we’ll be so much worse off without him?  that was a great take, by the way. 

No, I'm still on the horse that they should have replaced him two or three years ago when guys like you were calling the notion ridiculous.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

No, I'm still on the horse that they should have replaced him two or three years ago when guys like you were calling the notion ridiculous.

three years ago after he caught it in green bay?  back when he was good?  you wanted him gone then?  another hot take from cameraman doug.  

1 minute ago, futureman said:

three years ago after he caught it in green bay?  back when he was good?  you wanted him gone then?  another hot take from cameraman doug.  

Oh, so now he's your hero again. Yes, I was saying back then he's overrated and the Cowboys needed to draft a receiver early and phase Dez out, while guys like you were slobbing his knob.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Oh, so now he's your hero again. Yes, I was saying back then he's overrated and the Cowboys needed to draft a receiver early and phase Dez out, while guys like you were slobbing his knob.

he was first team all pro in 2014.  but you didn’t think he was good?  you’re a real master of evaluation. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

he was first team all pro in 2014.  but you didn’t think he was good?  you’re a real master of evaluation. 

So you're bashing my correct call years ago for being right.

Futureman gonna Futureman. While probably betting the farm in Tavon Austin.

13 minutes ago, DougO said:

So you're bashing my correct call years ago for being right.

Futureman gonna Futureman. While probably betting the farm in Tavon Austin.

you want him gone when he’s 1st team all pro and you want us to keep him when he’s washed up and he sucks.  why jerry hasn’t hired you, I’ll never know. 

5 hours ago, DougO said:

Dak is a certified dumbass.  There's a way to make that statement without throwing guys protesting under the bus and without using the same language people who've been against blacks protesting have used since the dawn of time.  He should probably pick up a book and gain some perspective.  I suggest "Why we can't wait" by Dr. Martin Luther King to start with.  Of course Jerry in all his dumbassery has continued to light a fire on a subject that hasn't once been an issue for his team.  Now he's encouraging bullshit like this:

Dak is a certified dumbass.  There's a way to make that statement without throwing guys protesting under the bus and without using the same language people who've been against blacks protesting have used since the dawn of time.  He should probably pick up a book and gain some perspective.  I suggest "Why we can't wait" by Dr. Martin Luther King to start with.  Of course Jerry in all his dumbassery has continued to light a fire on a subject that hasn't once been an issue for his team.  Now he's encouraging bullshit like this:

Who fucking cares. That whole subject is a waste of time discussing.

He's speaking his mind like other players have. Because it isn't the viewpoint of others he shouldn't say anything? If that's what he believes, good for him. If others believe it's right to kneel, good for them too.
  • Like 2

The original message has already been hijacked anyway. So unless your goal is to get trump to mention you by name, or to have Fox News do a segment on you, there’s no point. At this point just find another way to protest IMO. Do i agree with idea of that take, no. But it’s borderline fact at this point.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The original message has already been hijacked anyway. So unless your goal is to get trump to mention you by name, or to have Fox News do a segment on you, there’s no point. At this point just find another way to protest IMO. Do i agree with that take, no. But it’s borderline fact at this point.

Actually, there never was an original message. It was just Kancerdick's excuse for pouting on the bench after he lost his starting job.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Jesus fucking Christ, take your pissing match with futureman somewhere else.

no shit!  that guy is a total fucking lunatic.  and I never boycotted stiles switch; the fucker has the reading comprehension of a special needs gorilla.  what an unbelievable pathetic loser.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Stfu. No one cares about your stupid ass opinion.    Take it to the politics section and argue with Hugo stilltz

Dez is a dumbass but like Vic said he ain’t wrong our play calling is 25 years behind the times and the reason why we sucks balls. 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Get Rowdy the fuck out of there. Rowdy was born August 1996. We'll never win another Super Bowl until someone finally throws that piece of shit into an active volcano. 

Along with all the bobbleheads on planet Earth.

lil takeaways 

C. Rush still looks great.

rookie kicker dude was hitting bomb FGs and shanking punts right

aggy running back is built like a train but miffed a punt from said kicker dude

C Will played with the 1s at LG, looked good but he was trying really really hard

Taco and Collins got into a lil scuffle that lasted about 15 seconds

Tavon looks twitchy, listed as a RB but he didnt do any RB workouts

Gallup looks like a freak, me likey

B. Jones was the fan favorite, he was ball hawking everything 

Vander Esch played with the 1s and MLB. Lee didn't suit up, but was out there watching

Hurns and Sauce looked good too, had a couple drops tho

Saw them in the corner holding cans filled with sand??? looked like maybe for punishment 

Edited by kingkoopa6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wilson has a torn labrum in his shoulder, could be out a few months.

Some practice #4 notes https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/7/29/17628552/cowboys-2018-training-camp-practice-4-recap-and-updates 

Frankly, stashing him on the IR may be a good thing L-T.  Needs a year or two if he's gonna make a real contribution and we thin out our mediocre WR corp.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, DougO said:

So the major bust they traded a 4th round guy for is essentially worth the same as a guy off the street. They panicked and made a poor decision. Sounds familiar.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/07/06/pro-guard-zack-martin-quite-scouting-report-new-cowboys-dl-jihad-ward

" Ward will have ample opportunity to show coaches what he's got inside. And he'll work against the best guard in the league in Zack Martin. Martin has faith: "He's got that combination of leverage and strength and speed and quickness," Martin raved. "I truly believe he's going to be one of the top three-techs in the NFL."

1 hour ago, Ricky Butler said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/07/06/pro-guard-zack-martin-quite-scouting-report-new-cowboys-dl-jihad-ward

" Ward will have ample opportunity to show coaches what he's got inside. And he'll work against the best guard in the league in Zack Martin. Martin has faith: "He's got that combination of leverage and strength and speed and quickness," Martin raved. "I truly believe he's going to be one of the top three-techs in the NFL."

Oh damn, I forgot how bad that take was. Dude acting like a 4th round picknon a flier was proof this team would suck this year 

I’ve been hearing about Byron Jones tearing it up at camp, but we’ve been hearing the same shit ever since he’s been on the team. He clearly performs well in practice. I’m not ready to write him off now that we have Chris Rishard, but chalk that one up to “I’ll believe it when I see it” in a game. 

2 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

Good to see Jaylon is getting back to old form... hopefully it shows on the field so he can shut up all the cumdrunks calling him a bust and bitching about the Cowboys drafting him. ....

I mean...it’s not his fault that we drafted him 2 or 3 rounds earlier than anyone else would’ve drafted him. He has a great attitude, and he’s shown great progress, but c’mon. Cumdrunks lol? I’ve never even heard that before 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 3:26 AM, kopp0e said:

#CowboysNation is deep..!

Actually the crowd was kinda weak. 

Last year every seat in the bleachers  were full and they had to turn people away willing to pay extra to stand closer near locker room entrance.

I didn't mind, since it allowed me to be closer than ever before with no problems.

12 hours ago, HuntinHorn said:

Good to see Jaylon is getting back to old form... hopefully it shows on the field so he can shut up all the cumdrunks calling him a bust and bitching about the Cowboys drafting him. ....

YThat was a terrible pick and still is until proven otherwise. You act like people who are criticizing that pick don't have any valid reasons. So far, he hasn't even been close to what you want from a 2nd round pick. Which in that year, was pretty much a late 1st round pick with how high we were on the board. We had too many holes to fill to take a chance on someone like that and pray he even gets back to 70% of what he was at Notre Dame. So far, we are still waiting. 

• Like 1