Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

Gurley just signs a 4 year $60mill extension with the Rams. There is your benchmark for Zeke. I think he will actually command more. Then the huge debate on whether you tie that much into a RB or not. Especially since they have the most percentage tied up in their OL than any other team and by a good percentage. Not to mention Dak's contract will be up one year before him. I hope they have a plan in place.

58 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Gurley just signs a 4 year $60mill extension with the Rams. There is your benchmark for Zeke. I think he will actually command more. Then the huge debate on whether you tie that much into a RB or not. Especially since they have the most percentage tied up in their OL than any other team and by a good percentage. Not to mention Dak's contract will be up one year before him. I hope they have a plan in place.

Zeke is gonna get the Le’Veon Bell treatment and get tagged for as long as the rules let them. Not fair, but it’s the only smart way to handle this situation. Dak’s contract depends on how he bounces back this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah but Gurley is  better than Elliott at this point.  He's gonna have to have an amazing year to be that kind of guy to be up at that level but if he's anything like he was his rookie year he could!

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's easy..... you don't.  You do what Pittsburgh is doing with Bell.  You get the 5th year option with Elliott because of his first round status.  If he's still a great player, then you franchise once.  Still great, franchise him again and then let him walk.... Doubtful he's still awesome after 5-6 years and isn't showing hints of a decline.  Not like he takes great care of himself.

But Jerrah's stupid so he'll give him 4 for 70/55 and wreck our cap.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

It's easy..... you don't.  You do what Pittsburgh is doing with Bell.  You get the 5th year option with Elliott because of his first round status.  If he's still a great player, then you franchise once.  Still great, franchise him again and then let him walk.... Doubtful he's still awesome after 5-6 years and isn't showing hints of a decline.  Not like he takes great care of himself.

But Jerrah's stupid so he'll give him 4 for 70/55 and wreck our cap.

Doesn't care of himself? I am not following on that. Not saying you are wrong but I guess I missed that. Was it from people saying he was fat last year? 

13 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

What makes it shitty for Zeke, is the fact that this coaching staff does not give a shit about their passing game, and they expect him to run the ball 400 times. 

Well until we get inside the red zone and then they decide to pass the ball 3 straight times inside the 5 yard line...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Yeah but Gurley is  better than Elliott at this point.  He's gonna have to have an amazing year to be that kind of guy to be up at that level but if he's anything like he was his rookie year he could!

What drives me crazy is Zeke was perfectly capable of catching passes in college. That’s the main difference between him and Gurley at this point. We better have some shit in place to give him more targets out of the backfield, and I’m not talking about predictable screens. 

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What drives me crazy is Zeke was perfectly capable of catching passes in college. That’s the main difference between him and Gurley at this point. We better have some shit in place to give him more targets out of the backfield, and I’m not talking about predictable screens. 

You expect this staff to be creative? Ha! Good luck with that. Unless this is finally the year they do it since the stale combo of Dez and Witten are gone. We saw what Zeke can do with coming out the backfield and catching the ball but we refuse to keep at it. If you put Zeke in the Rams offense, you would see him catch a lot more passes.

Topics of opening press conference for Cowboys football team: 

1) Jerry, Trump, and Anthem

2) Jerry and Papa John

3) David Irving rehab and issues

4) Jerry loving Garrett for no explainable reason 

Almost no football mentioned at all. Just another glaring example of actual football and winning titles being way on the back burner to the owner/GM. 

There will be no SB or even NFC title game as long as Jerry Jones has any influence or presence in this organization. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Topics of opening press conference for Cowboys football team: 

1) Jerry, Trump, and Anthem

2) Jerry and Papa John

3) David Irving rehab and issues

4) Jerry loving Garrett for no explainable reason 

Almost no football mentioned at all. Just another glaring example of actual football and winning titles being way on the back burner to the owner/GM. 

There will be no SB or even NFC title game as long as Jerry Jones has any influence or presence in this organization. 

In contrast, Bill Bellicheck's press conference also had no discussions of football. 

9 hours ago, DougO said:

Belichick's press conferences typically have no discussion of anything.

I hope he gets asked about Malcom Butler for the rest of his life. Not just his coaching life. Until the day he dies. Eventually he will crack and  tell us what was really going through his mind, right? He can’t just dodge this question forever.

55 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

A throwback to a day of grittier athletes:

Back when the uniforms were the correct shade of blue.

53 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

A suggestion for the Cowboys to look at signing former Texas Longhorn Ken Vaccaro:

Give me Earl, goddammit!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Back when the uniforms were the correct shade of blue.

Give me Earl, goddammit!

My dad's neighbors have a condo in the Mueller development.  They said a Dallas Cowboy just rented it for 2 weeks and paid $5100 cash.  We both speculated it could be CWill, but they said his name was Earl Thomas.

11 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

My dad's neighbors have a condo in the Mueller development.  They said a Dallas Cowboy just rented it for 2 weeks and paid $5100 cash.  We both speculated it could be CWill, but they said his name was Earl Thomas.

What are we to make of that? He said he wasn't going to Seahawks' training camp. Guess he's gonna hang around Austin for a couple of weeks.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I'd rather see him on a team who can utilize him greatly, the 49ers come to mind

I mean I am not a fan of Dez at all and thinks he is overrated as fuck but he's right. The play calling has always been fucking horrendous under carrot top. No variety or any adjustments. No trying to move players around to create mismatches. Fuck Dez but I agree with him as would anyone who watches this team. It just comes across as sour grapes at this point.

But while saying all that, Dez was a huge issue. He was immature and selfish as shit. He didn't care about winning. His fake passion was lame. He wanted his stats and thats it. Fuck the rest of the team.

• Like 2