Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Fuck that shit.  Same to those that like God Bless America better.  Those songs belong on a Muzak cd.

The Star Spangled Banner has fucking balls. 

This is a good take. Both are great songs. Neither are national anthems.

19 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Wait....the people...you know, the actual folks who make up "we the people"....are "the swamp."

But the businesses....those are....NOT the swamp?  So, are THEY "we the people?"

Wait...so....what is time again?

MV5BN2YwOTVjZjctY2RmNy00NDk0LWFmMmItYjNk

Edited by Brisketexan

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all would crucify me if I told you how I really feel about the pledge of allegiance.

If your opinion is that compelling speech like that from little kids who largely don't understand the world and their place in it yet, then you're not going to get crucified.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The dipshits I'm worried about don't watch Fox News. They're not organized, so there's not gonna be some sort of uprising, but there's a bunch of MajorHarsins out there with shitty lives who can't get laid encouraging each other in online forums to go out in a blaze of glory to own the normies. That's a problem that's going to keep getting worse.

Trumpanzees won’t do shit. They were pussies when Barrack Hussein Obama was in the White House and personally taking their guns. 

The ones you’re talking about have nothing to do with who is in the WH.   Are they a concern?  Slightly, but keep in mind many of these types almost always turn out to be people who were known to be a problem well before they snap. 

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Trumpanzees won’t do shit. They were pussies when Barrack Hussein Obama was in the White House and personally taking their guns. 

The ones you’re talking about have nothing to do with who is in the WH.   Are they a concern?  Slightly, but keep in mind many of these types almost always turn out to be people who were known to be a problem well before they snap

And yet nobody ever intervenes because everyone tells themselves those people won't actually do anything.

I also don't think they've got nothing to do with who is in the WH. They tend to be big fans of Trump, and he's had a radicalizing effect on many of them, which I think will only get worse in the next few years.

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

If your opinion is that compelling speech like that from little kids who largely don't understand the world and their place in it yet, then you're not going to get crucified.

It’s that and the idea of pledging allegiance to a “flag” which can represent whatever someone wants it to.  I’d rather pledge allegiance to “liberty and justice for all” than a flag. 

The flag worship stuff is why I’m not a fan of the SSB.

Flags/symbols can be easily manipulated by bad actors. 

Ideas like liberty, freedom, and justice are less easy to undermine.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all would crucify me if I told you how I really feel about the pledge of allegiance.

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

The pledge is fascist as hell. 

Some across-the-board troof right there.  And that's not even discussing the initial problem that the opening line is pledging allegiance to a FLAG.  it's a piece of damned cloth.  Every country has one.

I think the oath of a federal official is much more appropriate (again, not for kids being indoctrinated, but appropriate for someone who really does intend to pledge support of this nation):

“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Or the oath that Texas lawyers take, I like that one:

I, __________, do solemnly swear that I will support the Constitutions of the United States, and of this State; that I will honestly demean myself in the practice of law; that I will discharge my duties to my clients to the best of my ability; and, that I will conduct myself with integrity and civility in dealing and communicating with the court and all parties, so help me God.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s that and the idea of pledging allegiance to a “flag” which can represent whatever someone wants it to.  I’d rather pledge allegiance to “liberty and justice for all” than a flag. 

The flag worship stuff is why I’m not a fan of the SSB.

Flags/symbols can be easily manipulated by bad actors. 

Ideas like liberty, freedom, and justice are less easy to undermine.

And this.

Notice how the Trumpkin patriot types emphasize the shit out of the first words -- "you damned well better pledge allegiance to that flag!"....but seem to have little use with the last words..."with liberty and justice for all?"

Yeah, fun stuff.

Look, the first time I went to the National Archives and saw the Constitution, I'm not ashamed to say that I teared up.  THAT'S worth fighting for.  THAT'S the foundation of the Republic.  Blind patriotism and allegiance?  Nope.  Kinda contrary to the whole theme of that whole Constitution thingie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

Constitution kinda sucks too tbh 

Well, and there we part ways.

It has its flaws, but the fact that it is a voluntary association and creation of a means of self-governance, which admits in its body, that it is amendable (an acknowledgement of its imperfection), well, that makes it pretty damned good.

Hell, we enshrined our original sin (slavery) in it.  And eventually...after bloodshed, and the ultimate test of whether the union it created could or should survive...we AMENDED it, to cast out that original sin.  Now....FOLLOWING it....that's a different matter.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

really not fair deploying ray charles in this argument

And put me in SSB camp.

So, bottom line....if a black dude who's cool as fuck plays it, it's probably anthem worthy?

I'm down...

Can you believe that was CHILDREN'S programming back in the day?  Fuck yeah it was.  Kiddos gotta learn about the badassedness of Stevie when they're young, so they never forget.

• Like 1

Gore Vidal was right when he said "The American Constitution was carefully rigged by the noteholders, land speculators, rum runners and slaveholders who were the Founding Fathers so that it would be next to impossible for upstart dirt farmers and indebted masses to challenge the various forms of private property held by these well-read robber barons."

Just now, Fozzz said:

Gore Vidal was right when he said "The American Constitution was carefully rigged by the noteholders, land speculators, rum runners and slaveholders who were the Founding Fathers so that it would be next to impossible for upstart dirt farmers and indebted masses to challenge the various forms of private property held by these well-read robber barons."

And your alternative?

Anarchy?

So, bottom line....if a black dude who's cool as fuck plays it, it's probably anthem worthy?

For good measure. Best youtube comment "I think America just got pregnant."

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RPM said:

trump-flag-hug-florida-2016.jpg

That remains one of the most pathetic, nausea-inducing images of this fucktard of a president.

And his cultists ate that shit up.  

And y'all shit on me when I point out how fucking useless and pathetic this country is now.  We elected THAT.  Knowing that he did THAT.  King of and by the utter idiots.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm down...

Can you believe that was CHILDREN'S programming back in the day?  Fuck yeah it was.  Kiddos gotta learn about the badassedness of Stevie when they're young, so they never forget.

• Like 1

The swastki originally symbolized peace or something like that IIRC 

It wasn’t until Hitler came along and gave it the meaning it has today.

The swastki will probably never get that benign symbolism back.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He'll never get it.

But then, when they awarded it to Obama for.....well, I still have no fucking idea what for -- "we think you've got potential, kid!"???....they diluted the shit out of its meaning.

And if this is for Korea....how about we look at umpteen past similar situations, and not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.  The NORKS have made plenty of promises that will deliver peace.  And they don't stick with them.  Now that they have winning cards (they have a nuclear deterrent), they can afford to agree to all kinds of deals, they don't care.  The question is will they ACTUALLY give up their nukes....does anyone think they really will?  Of course not.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It really is. I’ve always been surprised the GOP didn’t try and end it somehow when D’s were in the WH. 

Also, the world goes full circle. As the pledge was written and caught a foothold thanks to nativist fear of immigrants. They felt that white protestant culture was under siege due to the rise in immigrants to the country, and the pledge was meant as a way to circle the wagons.

And let's not forget when other religious types, rabid with Commie fear, jumped in 50 years later and insisted on adding "under God" to the pledge.

I've always hated how it is written. I pledge allegiance to the flag. Oh, and also to the republic for which the flag stands. What? Get the flag out of the fucking equation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He'll never get it.

But then, when they awarded it to Obama for.....well, I still have no fucking idea what for -- "we think you've got potential, kid!"???....they diluted the shit out of its meaning.

And if this is for Korea....how about we look at umpteen past similar situations, and not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.  The NORKS have made plenty of promises that will deliver peace.  And they don't stick with them.  Now that they have winning cards (they have a nuclear deterrent), they can afford to agree to all kinds of deals, they don't care.  The question is will they ACTUALLY give up their nukes....does anyone think they really will?  Of course not.

Of course he won't get it.  Everyone forgets that he still wants to destabilize the EU and supported shitbags like Le Pen who want to dissolve it.  Helping to achieve peace in one place doesn't overcome the fact that he's anti-peace pretty much everywhere else.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Keep tweeting what your lawyers have said about the Mueller investigation.  Seems like a great way to pierce attorney client privilege and implicate even more of your lawyers than Cohen.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He'll never get it.

C'mon man you know he got it for New START. They explicitly mentioned denuclearization in the award to Obama. Part of it also was as a snub to Bush.