Hood fights and other hood shenanigans

Goo Punch

On 2/4/2019 at 6:19 PM, Homesickhorn said:

Dude, that was fucking weird.

There one guy who hangs out in downtown Atlanta that calls himself the Urban Cowboy. Apparently he treats his horse like shit according to r/Atlanta and has been brought up on animal cruelty charges before.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:22 PM, Thatguy said:

For real. Learning how to fight from the guard is crucial. Just a little and the guy on top could've gotten seriously hurt. Bridge, arm, triangle.......or so I've been told.

I'm lost as to what you mean. Bridge... You mean bumping the hips?

The guy on the bottom doesn't have a guard... He's mounted and has no defense. He can't get to a triangle without clearing his hips. I'm completely lost as to what you're saying.

23 hours ago, SKJ said:

I'm lost as to what you mean. Bridge... You mean bumping the hips?

The guy on the bottom doesn't have a guard... He's mounted and has no defense. He can't get to a triangle without clearing his hips. I'm completely lost as to what you're saying.

A quick hip bridge will throw him forward where he has to give up an arm. From there hip escape is pretty simple when facing just some regular dude off the street. Then you are just a triangle away from submitting him. If the guy on the bottom is not that skilled and just looking for a way out he can bridge to get that arm. Once he gets it kick the same side leg outside the mounted guys leg, pull the arm in and roll him over. There are a ton of things one can do with just a little training, which is what the guy who posted the vid was getting at.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:56 AM, Thatguy said:

A quick hip bridge will throw him forward where he has to give up an arm. From there hip escape is pretty simple when facing just some regular dude off the street. Then you are just a triangle away from submitting him. If the guy on the bottom is not that skilled and just looking for a way out he can bridge to get that arm. Once he gets it kick the same side leg outside the mounted guys leg, pull the arm in and roll him over. There are a ton of things one can do with just a little training, which is what the guy who posted the vid was getting at.

I guess...

Here's what I see. The guy on top has no weight on the guy except the rape choke. So his arm is already posted. His hips are high, so any bridge wouldn't throw his weight forward. 

In this position he needs to clear the rape choke while getting to a hip to shrimp, then grab wrist control while recovering a half guard. 

You can't bump someone, or bridge as you say it, if not carrying their weight. His knees are on the ground and his hips are high, the rape choke is his third point of balance. 

19 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

The narrator in this one was hilarious.  Had me laughing out loud.  When the one clown ended up in the middle of the intersection I was prepared for a semi to come blowing through there and smoke him.  

On 2/19/2019 at 10:27 PM, SKJ said:

I guess...

Here's what I see. The guy on top has no weight on the guy except the rape choke. So his arm is already posted. His hips are high, so any bridge wouldn't throw his weight forward. 

In this position he needs to clear the rape choke while getting to a hip to shrimp, then grab wrist control while recovering a half guard. 

You can't bump someone, or bridge as you say it, if not carrying their weight. His knees are on the ground and his hips are high, the rape choke is his third point of balance. 

At the start of the video he hadn't gotten to the choke yet. The guy was just flailing helplessly, and allowed him to gain control. That said, the choke arm is the key and the guy is presenting it to you and there are many ways to attack it. I was taught a few different ways, but the most basic is to place your forearm over top of the choke arm, put downward pressure and it will fold(bringing him down with the arm). Now you have the weight shift you need to bridge, forcing him to put the strike arm down for balance. You also have control of the arm and can roll him. It's one of the early teachings in BJJ, which is why Jiu-Jitsu Daily titled the video the way they did.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

At the start of the video he hadn't gotten to the choke yet. The guy was just flailing helplessly, and allowed him to gain control. That said, the choke arm is the key and the guy is presenting it to you and there are many ways to attack it. I was taught a few different ways, but the most basic is to place your forearm over top of the choke arm, put downward pressure and it will fold(bringing him down with the arm). Now you have the weight shift you need to bridge, forcing him to put the strike arm down for balance. You also have control of the arm and can roll him. It's one of the early teachings in BJJ, which is why Jiu-Jitsu Daily titled the video the way they did.

I just use my Saturnian mind energy which would have thrown him into a wall just using brain power.