It's time we have a Chip Roy thread

bolverk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This you, Chip?

He added: “And then Biden said, ‘OK, yeah.’ And they kind of backed away from the deal. Then he kind of came back away from the veto threat, so nobody knows what anybody’s gonna do right now. That’s the thing. This is the problem. I actually say, thank the Lord. Eighteen more months of chaos and the inability to get stuff done. That’s what we want.”

On Wednesday afternoon, Roy responded to coverage of his earlier comments in a statement standing by his remarks, saying he plans to “oppose almost everything that Congress does,” and pledging “to fight with every ounce of my being to stop the radical left – and weak Republicans.”

“For the next 18 months, Republicans’ job is to do everything that we can to slow down and block the Democrats’ radical agenda, and then win the majority and lead,” Roy said.

• Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Of course, Trump is too dumb to know that the deadline to file for Chip's office was 10 days ago. 

Still, I hope Trump keeps it up. Chip would have to endure attacks from the Dems AND the MAGA folks. Might be enough to dissuade some Republican voters from voting for him. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 2

To be fair to Trump, his daytimer calendar is completely filled with court dates and grifting speeches.  10 days ago, he did make a mark labeled "CR", but it could be anything.  Chip Roy, Cloak Room, Cheeseburger Royale, Cunt Rudy, Covid Reboot, really anything is possible.