EPL 2020-21

Firemans4Horn

Bale put Spurs ahead and back into the Europa spot pending VAR check for handball

I don’t get how VAR can catch a sleeve offsides from 70 yards away but doesn’t see that hand ball. I mean I want Chelsea to make the CL only cause Pulisic, but I just don’t get VAR and hope it’s destroyed or taken back to only checking a ball crossing the line.

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

After all the Super League bullshit, it's too bad neither Leicester nor West Ham could crash the party.

No shit. So disappointing that it all worked out that the same ol bullshit inevitably happens. What’s worse is that Villa and Everton were keys in making that happen. 

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

Wow, about to be 2 straight collapses out of Champions League for the Foxes

I mean we gave them a LOT of help down the stretch (Liverpool didn't exactly make it convincing either). The West Brom loss. The Arsenal loss. Today's loss. The door could have been closed.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean we gave them a LOT of help down the stretch (Liverpool didn't exactly make it convincing either). The West Brom loss. The Arsenal loss. Today's loss. The door could have been closed.

Wut? Liverpool went 8-0-2 in their final 10 EPL matches, including 5 straight wins with 3 clean sheets.  

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Wut? Liverpool went 8-0-2 in their final 10 EPL matches, including 5 straight wins with 3 clean sheets.  

Yes... but you had to do that to edge us and Leicester by 2 and 3 respectively. We both gave away a lot of points during the season to even make it a contest today. 

Ultimately, giving 4 away to a listless Spurs team did them in - so sure - they collapsed today - but so did Chelsea. The real collapse would have belonged to us had we not made it. 

11 hours ago, WBT said:

After all the Super League bullshit, it's too bad neither Leicester nor West Ham could crash the party.

not to mention if the Super League had been in affect, all the excitement, drama, and myth making of the past week would not even be a thing.

City won the league weeks ago and City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs and Arsenal had already qualified for the Super League back in matchweek 1 in August.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, WBT said:

2020-21 Wage Bill

No. CLUB WAGE BILL HIGHEST PAID PLAYER
1 Manchester City £220m K. De Bruyne (£320,000)
2 Manchester United £205.4m D. Dea Gea (£300,000)
3 Liverpool £190m M. Salah (£260,000)
4 Chelsea £186.7m Timo Werner (£240,000)

go figure ^

8 Leicester City £86.2m Jamie Vardy (£200,000)
9 West Ham £79.8m Andriy Yarmolenko (£115,000)

19......Leeds United..........£31.4m.........Rodrigo Machado (£57,500)

Fuckin' hell.. good job, Leeds. Top 9 finish.

sportingfree.com/football/premier-league-clubs-wage-bills/

Edited by yoladu

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

not to mention if the Super League had been in affect, all the excitement, drama, and myth making of the past week would not even be a thing.

City won the league weeks ago and City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Spurs and Arsenal had already qualified for the Super League back in matchweek 1 in August.

Effect

Stannis-Baratheon.png

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

2020-21 Wage Bill

No. CLUB WAGE BILL HIGHEST PAID PLAYER
1 Manchester City £220m K. De Bruyne (£320,000)
2 Manchester United £205.4m D. Dea Gea (£300,000)
3 Liverpool £190m M. Salah (£260,000)
4 Chelsea £186.7m Timo Werner (£240,000)

go figure ^

8 Leicester City £86.2m Jamie Vardy (£200,000)
9 West Ham £79.8m Andriy Yarmolenko (£115,000)

19......Leeds United..........£31.4m.........Rodrigo Machado (£57,500)

Fuckin' hell.. good job, Leeds. Top 9 finish.

sportingfree.com/football/premier-league-clubs-wage-bills/

Like pointing out that Timo Werner being our highest paid player makes us feel ashamed about finishing top 4.

We also canned our manager midseason and most of our best attackers are like 23 or younger.

That is a funny coincidence, though. Wonder how often that's been the case 1-4 in order like that. Bet it's rare.

Edited by ztejas

Wage numbers are all over the place depending on the site (Swiss Ramble has the best numbers IMO). But top 6 is called top 6 due to transfer/wage bills so I’d assume they are somewhere in the ballpark.

I would trust the Belorussian President more than any self-reported numbers from Man City. 

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Wage numbers are all over the place depending on the site (Swiss Ramble has the best numbers IMO). But top 6 is called top 6 due to transfer/wage bills so I’d assume they are somewhere in the ballpark.

I would trust the Belorussian President more than any self-reported numbers from Man City.

Edited by Schulz2.0

On 4/4/2021 at 6:06 PM, Captain Ron said:

Unless Leicester is planning on doing another fade like last season, I’m not sure why they are included in this comparison.

and if your assuming that, you might as well include ManU too.

A few days late because I was traveling over the weekend ...

eating-crow.jpg?is-pending-load=1

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:19 PM, ztejas said:

Yes... but you had to do that to edge us and Leicester by 2 and 3 respectively. We both gave away a lot of points during the season to even make it a contest today. 

Ultimately, giving 4 away to a listless Spurs team did them in - so sure - they collapsed today - but so did Chelsea. The real collapse would have belonged to us had we not made it. 

Parcells.