Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

What’s faker? Kyle’s tears? Or the time Lebron claimed someone spray painted the n word on the garage at his mansion in Los Angeles freaking California and then allegedly had it cleaned off before cops could come and take a report?

It's just a shame his security cameras were down.  Rats!

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't follow Fox/CNN/MSNBC/OANN but it's my understanding that a judge should ensure the defendant receives a fair trial while also *holding back. Regardless of how I feel about the outcome of any trial, leave the drama to the attorneys. I want a judge to be above that. This judge has had some moments (the cell phone thing was stupid and not that hard to corral) but is also under a microscope. I'm not willing to give him much more leeway than that. I can sit there in the box and think (to myself) that 'geebus that is a stupid line of questioning' regarding a prosecutor/defender but I'd be pissed if I thought the judge was trying to influence that. They fucking tell you (juror) what your role is and what you are to do so sit up there and make sure the rules are followed.

I don't disagree with any of that. I am just pointing out that the spin from the ideological media and twatterverse will soon shift to "judge is a white supremacist" or some such. It is patently stupid that we have national media outlets doing long exposes on a judge that is president over a local self-defense case. And it is obviously one-sided - I do not recall reading similar critiques or exposes about judges in other cases. As it does, irony abounds here because for every one of those people bitching in a "blind taste test" they would to a person favor a pro-defense judge and have conspiracies about cops and prosecutors. I'm not a lawyer, but there does not seem to be anything legally that he's done poorly. I mean the mobile phone thing is silly that anyone would actually mention it. 

56 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I don't disagree with any of that. I am just pointing out that the spin from the ideological media and twatterverse will soon shift to "judge is a white supremacist" or some such. It is patently stupid that we have national media outlets doing long exposes on a judge that is president over a local self-defense case. And it is obviously one-sided - I do not recall reading similar critiques or exposes about judges in other cases. As it does, irony abounds here because for every one of those people bitching in a "blind taste test" they would to a person favor a pro-defense judge and have conspiracies about cops and prosecutors. I'm not a lawyer, but there does not seem to be anything legally that he's done poorly. I mean the mobile phone thing is silly that anyone would actually mention it. 

When I first heard the story that the judge acknowledged Veterans Day and had the courtroom applaud the next witness, a defense expert, for being a veteran I had no problem with it because I simply assumed that this was done outside the presence of the jury.

Then someone informed me the jury was actually present. So the judge had the jury applauding a witness right before he testified. That is unheard of and unprecedented.

If that’s true then the judge is either actively trying to get one side to win or at best, is a complete moron. Since he’s 75 I think he would know by now how to conduct a trial. When the jury is in the box it is all business. Everyone who has ever tried a case knows that. It’s why he sent the jury into the jury room before he chewed out the prosecution.

Before today I thought the judge made some wrong rulings but was generally ok, but after the stunt he pulled today I think he’s a total hack unfit for his job. I’ve noticed former lawyer and law clerk Johnny sack has yet to comment on that.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

When I first heard the story that the judge acknowledged Veterans Day and had the courtroom applaud the next witness, a defense expert, for being a veteran I had no problem with it because I simply assumed that this was done outside the presence of the jury.

Then someone informed me the jury was actually present. So the judge had the jury applauding a witness right before he testified. That is unheard of and unprecedented.

If that’s true then the judge is either actively trying to get one side to win or at best, is a complete moron. Since he’s 75 I think he would know by now how to conduct a trial. When the jury is in the box it is all business. Everyone who has ever tried a case knows that. It’s why he sent the jury into the jury room before he chewed out the prosecution.

Before today I thought the judge made some wrong rulings but was generally ok, but after the stunt he pulled today I think he’s a total hack unfit for his job. I’ve noticed former lawyer and law clerk Johnny sack has yet to comment on that.

Ok I agree with you on this, but it's not like this is a close case that is hinging on this expert's testimony 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Ok I agree with you on this, but it's not like this is a close case that is hinging on this expert's testimony 

Yeah I’m not trying to make it as some excuse for the defense winning. It’s just really improper. Whenever a judge injects themselves like that into a trial like that it slants it and really pisses me off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I do see your point, but I think it's a little overwrought. If a jury can decide a complex legal case, I think that same juror can understand a specific, veteran-focused appreciation even if fuzzy.

I'm 100% certain if this had occurred in the Chauvin trial you'd have a different POV.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

CNN attacking the judge:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/us/kenosha-judge-bruce-schroeder-asian-food-comments/index.html

Judge in Kyle Rittenhouse trial makes inappropriate Asian food joke

(CNN)  The judge presiding over the homicide trial of Kyle Rittenhouse confused observers after making a strange and off-color joke inside the courtroom on Thursday.

"I hope the Asian food isn't coming... isn't on one of those boats from Long Beach Harbor," said Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce Schroeder as the court was preparing to take a lunch break. 
Schroeder, the longest-serving active judge in Wisconsin's trial courts, appeared to be referring to the supply chain backlogs caused by congestion problems in California ports. But his comments were offensive and perceived as anti-Asian by some and as placing blame on Asian people for a large-scale event.
"It harms our community and puts us in the crosshairs of micro aggressions as well as actual physical violence," said John Yang, president and executive director of Asian Americans Advancing Justice-AAJC.

Yang said it's clear the judge doesn't have cultural sensitivity. His remarks were meant to denigrate or minimize Asian Americans and "any Asian American that sees or hears his statement will understand that he is making fun of or mocking our community."

"This is a great illustration of how Asian Americans are not immune from racial bias and discrimination in our criminal justice system," Yang said.

And others just called the comment racist.

"All I can say is, Ugh. Old racist stereotypes die hard," said Mae Ngai, the Lung Family professor of Asian American studies and professor of history at Columbia University.

Schroeder's comment comes a week after a juror was dismissed over a joke about the police shooting of Jacob Blake, which prosecutors said it suggested "some sort of racial bias." 

"I'm going to summarize what I remember, what I was told," Schroeder said last week. "He was telling a joke ... he told the officer ... he made a reference about telling a joke about 'Why did it take seven shots to shoot Jacob Blake,' something to that effect." 

Both the defense and the prosecution agreed to dismiss the juror, and the judge admonished him while doing so. 

"It is clear that the appearance to bias is present and it would seriously undermine the outcome of the case," Schroeder said. 

Rittenhouse, the armed Illinois teenager who killed two people and wounded another during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer, is on trial on homicide charges.

Judge Schroeder, who is viewed as a tough jurist, previously made headlines when he reiterated his long-standing rule of not allowing prosecutors to refer to people as "victims" before juries in his courtroom.

• Haha 1

Just now, Harrison Bergeron said:

I do see your point, but I think it's a little overwrought. If a jury can decide a complex legal case, I think that same juror can understand a specific, veteran-focused appreciation even if fuzzy.

I'm 100% certain if this had occurred in the Chauvin trial you'd have a different POV.

Again I don’t think the incident itself caused one side to win or the other. Or that it even affected the trial. Most jurors make up their minds 30 minutes or so into the trial. That’s not the point.

The point is the judge showed his cards so to speak, it was really Improper, and no I wouldn’t change my opinion based on who was facing trial. 

31 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

You neg repped my tribute to ‘fistful of yen’?   Nobody neg reps that short fiLm.  The fuck is wrong with you?  It was a pithy twist on the applause thing in court.  Maybe you didn’t laugh but it was a decent call back.  Are you seriously this unfunny in real life?

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

yawn

Yeah it’s not like anyone really involved in this is Asian or even a minority. He’s an old guy who made a somewhat dumb comment, so what.

The judge has done dumber things in this case which basically nobody has reported on or more accurately to say was able to break through their editors. There is a huge difference between being on page one or instead buried in metro.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Gage goes on GMA and says he never pointed at Kyle, yet when the defense asked him that Kyle didn't shoot him until he pointed his gun at him, he said "correct".  

That seems heavily edited.  The image jumps mid-statement a few times 

** After a couple more views its just the bouncing between views(full screen and split screen( that makes it weird**

Edited by Incredulity

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You neg repped my tribute to ‘fistful of yen’?   Nobody neg reps that short fiLm.  The fuck is wrong with you?  It was a pithy twist on the applause thing in court.  Maybe you didn’t laugh but it was a decent call back.  Are you seriously this unfunny in real life?

That's all he does. Like it makes a shit.

32 minutes ago, hornbri said:
But his comments were offensive and perceived as anti-Asian by some and as placing blame on Asian people for a large-scale event.
"It harms our community and puts us in the crosshairs of micro aggressions as well as actual physical violence," said John Yang, 

hahahhahahahhaha FUCK RIGHT OFF

food being delivered on a current-news known congested port is somehow racist and violence inducing?

fuck right back to your thinktank or whatever fucking hill you waive your flag from

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Gage goes on GMA and says he never pointed at Kyle, yet when the defense asked him that Kyle didn't shoot him until he pointed his gun at him, he said "correct".  

From the video I never saw him pointing his gun at Kyle which is why I though it was weird that he admitted he did. 

People do say dumb things on the stand though. It’s called lawyer tricks. Seen it many times. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

From the video I never saw him pointing his gun at Kyle which is why I though it was weird that he admitted he did. 

People do say dumb things on the stand though. It’s called lawyer tricks. Seen it many times. 

I'm not seeing the trick here. He even had a moment to think, and not just instantly answered.

Edited by workswithseed

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

I'm not seeing the trickle here. He even had a moment to think, and not just instantly answered.

If there wasn’t video I’d agree with you completely.

Lawyer tricks or not, his admission ruined any case for him being shot beyond a reasonable doubt. The other two are still an open question. 

Also despite his other dumb admission about his civil lawsuit this case doesn’t really affect his civil case against the cops. Totally different issues. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah it’s not like anyone really involved in this is Asian or even a minority. He’s an old guy who made a somewhat dumb comment, so what.

The judge has done dumber things in this case which basically nobody has reported on or more accurately to say was able to break through their editors. There is a huge difference between being on page one or instead buried in metro.

it's been entertaining. I especially enjoyed the little tiff between Dinger and the witness today over the word "apparently"

I still think this case should have never been brought. There was never enough evidence to legitimately indict him. He was indicted for cloak roomy reasons. We all know that. It's just funny their lack of foresight into the end result of having zero case and putting this shit on TV. They look like assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If there wasn’t video I’d agree with you completely.

Lawyer tricks or not, his admission ruined any case for him being shot beyond a reasonable doubt. The other two are still an open question. 

Also despite his other dumb admission about his civil lawsuit this case doesn’t really affect his civil case against the cops. Totally different issues. 

There is no way he could have not admitted to pulling the gun, there is more than enough video evidence proving that he did indeed draw his weapon on the kid after having his hands in the air. There is also photographic evidence from reporters on the scene with a gun in his hand while missing his bicep. Dude is lucky to be alive. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just now, Incredulity said:

If he wins $10M from the city

I wouldn’t be putting all my eggs in that basket.  After he perjured himself, admitted to several lies to cops, was illegally carrying and admitted to pointing a gun at Kyle’s head before having his bicep shredded.  He should be charged with aggravated assault of a minor.  

• Hook 'Em 3

But his comments were offensive and perceived as anti-Asian by some and as placing blame on Asian people for a large-scale event. "It harms our community and puts us in the crosshairs of micro aggressions as well as actual physical violence," said John Yang, 
        hahahhahahahhaha FUCK RIGHT OFF   food being delivered on a current-news known congested port is somehow racist and violence inducing?   fuck right back to your thinktank or whatever fucking hill you waive your flag from

Yet CNN has not one mention of Biden calling Satchel Paige “the great negro”.

In other words, everyone is welcome to go ahead and stop watching or reading CNN. It’s beyond worthless as an actual news source. I don’t neg very often, but I’m going to start negging anyone I see posting a link to CNN as an actual source of “news”.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

if that last video expert had enhanced  enlarged the video you were watching, you'd have seen it. pixels

Edited by tejas60

36 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I wouldn’t be putting all my eggs in that basket.  After he perjured himself, admitted to several lies to cops, was illegally carrying and admitted to pointing a gun at Kyle’s head before having his bicep shredded.  He should be charged with aggravated assault of a minor.  

Do you know how hard it is to sip a latte & steer a Vespa with only one bicep?

Have some compassion sir!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yet CNN has not one mention of Biden calling Satchel Paige “the great negro”.

In other words, everyone is welcome to go ahead and stop watching or reading CNN. It’s beyond worthless as an actual news source. I don’t neg very often, but I’m going to start negging anyone I see posting a link to CNN as an actual source of “news”.

That’s a lot of negs flip flop.

• Like 1