Fuck you Tom Herman

alphahorn

7 hours ago, elguapo said:

Tom Herman is a fuckface idiot

Wiley is clearly the best TE since Jermichael Finley if not Thomas or earlier. Dude is a star. Brewer isn't good enough at any one thing to play. If we need a FB, get a walk on LB or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Herman is a really frustrating coach. He obviously has some talent because he’s managed to beat some really good teams over the last several years, but he’s flawed in so many key ways.

In order of priority, IMO these are the reasons he has to go:

1. Culture - there is something wrong in the culture of the team. From the excessive portal transfers to the feedback from recruits that Texas players are telling them not to come to Texas, he’s obviously created a very flawed culture that is screwed up.

2. Relationships - he apparently has bad relationships with way too many people. This indicates some sort of major personality flaw that’s probably unfixable.

3. Off-field incidents - rumors of drinking problems, infidelity, ignoring players, pissing off boosters, the eyes of Texas fiasco, etc. It’s just too much.

4. Poor use of talent - too many great players sitting in the bench and weak players playing.

5. Inconsistent offense - has an offense that just can’t consistently score points.

6. Slow to fix the defense - watched that defense underperform for too long before trying to fix it.

I really think he’s got a special x and o talent for game planning (when he decides to work on it) and it’s unfortunate all of these flaws make him an ineffective head coach.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Herman is a really frustrating coach. He obviously has some talent because he’s managed to beat some really good teams over the last several years, but he’s flawed in so many key ways.

1. Culture - there is something wrong in the culture of the team. From the excessive portal transfers to the feedback from recruits that Texas players are telling them not to come to Texas, he’s obviously created a very flawed culture that is screwed up.

2. Relationships - he apparently has bad relationships with way too many people. This indicates some sort of major personality flaw that’s probably unfixable.

3. Off-field incidents - rumors of drinking problems, infidelity, ignoring players, pissing off boosters, the eyes of Texas fiasco, etc. It’s just too much.

4. Poor use of talent - too many great players sitting in the bench and weak players playing.

5. Inconsistent offense - has an offense that just can’t consistently score points.

6. Slow to fix the defense - watched that defense underperform for too long before trying to fix it.

I really think he’s got a special x and o talent for game planning (when he decides to work on it) and it’s unfortunate all of these flaws make him an ineffective head coach.

Yes, these things are all present. I think you could put them under the header of "Misalignment." Obviously that's the opposite of what Herman preached coming in. But he has a talent for gaslighting, and preaching Alignment when in fact he seems to have no ability to enact it whatsoever is par for his course. The fact is that that, though assistant coaches and players have changed, the same problems continue to exist throughout the program. The common factor is Herman. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t know brother, he seems like a fucking genius to me. Imagine being all that you described plus a functioning alcoholic and he is going to be shown the door with a $20 million dollar severance. Sign me up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

FUCK YOU TOM HERMAN !!!

Thanks for this info @RGBIII

TFB

You may recall that former 4-star DB and FSU DB, Jaiden Woodbey recently entered the portal and after including Texas in his list of possible transfer destination, ultimately picked Boston College.

I recently spoke with someone close to Woodbey and was told the reason why Woodbey chose BC over Texas. Source told me that Jaiden himself said that he had Texas players telling him not to come there. Not as in they were trying to dissuade him from coming because they were afraid of competition but just more of the negative recruiting we’ve seen come from inside the program in the past.

If Herman is retained, this matter will need to be addressed somehow. It has cost Texas multiple players.

It happens to some degree at other schools but it’s excessive and too pervasive at Texas. It needs to be rooted out.

Being a Longhorn fan is such a beating.  Even during Mack's glory days Stoops completely dominated him. The only time I ever remember being personally embarrassed at a sporting event was one of Bob's beatdowns at the Cotton Bowl. I had never seen a team quit during a game like that. I played high school ball, I couldn't even imagine not finishing a game. I just wanted to get out of there. There is something wrong with this program. The only reason I kept up with the team this long is because I love football. But what I love about football - sacrifice, courage, aggression, perseverance, none of that exists at Texas. Yes, Fuck Tom Herman, Fuck this site, Fuck this program

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Loather said:

Being a Longhorn fan is such a beating.  Even during Mack's glory days Stoops completely dominated him. The only time I ever remember being personally embarrassed at a sporting event was one of Bob's beatdowns at the Cotton Bowl. I had never seen a team quit during a game like that. I played high school ball, I couldn't even imagine not finishing a game. I just wanted to get out of there. There is something wrong with this program. The only reason I kept up with the team this long is because I love football. But what I love about football - sacrifice, courage, aggression, perseverance, none of that exists at Texas. Yes, Fuck Tom Herman, Fuck this site, Fuck this program

Hey man, what the hell did we do? Fuck you back!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Loather said:

Username checks out

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Loather said:

This site may be the only good thing left about being a Texas fan.  Although it will probably be a ghost town if Herman is our coach in 2021.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

FUCK YOU TOM HERMAN !!!

Thanks for this info @RGBIII

TFB

You may recall that former 4-star DB and FSU DB, Jaiden Woodbey recently entered the portal and after including Texas in his list of possible transfer destination, ultimately picked Boston College.

I recently spoke with someone close to Woodbey and was told the reason why Woodbey chose BC over Texas. Source told me that Jaiden himself said that he had Texas players telling him not to come there. Not as in they were trying to dissuade him from coming because they were afraid of competition but just more of the negative recruiting we’ve seen come from inside the program in the past.

If Herman is retained, this matter will need to be addressed somehow. It has cost Texas multiple players.

It happens to some degree at other schools but it’s excessive and too pervasive at Texas. It needs to be rooted out.

What exactly are UT players complaining about and using to dissuade recruits?

On 12/21/2020 at 8:27 AM, jinx said:

I'm gonna go on record as stating this is the only thread that matters on Surly right now.  Herman needs to be gone before the one thing he did right (recruit and build the roster) is burnt completely to the ground. 

I have to think that guys like JQJ would still be around if they knew Herman and crew would not be.  The fact that we keep holding on to this asshole while on double secret coaching search (or not, depending on what you believe about CDC's shitastic sound bite) is going to put this program back in the hole we have been trying to get out of for a decade.

I am soooooooooooooooo fucking sick of watching this slow motion train wreck.  I feel like what aggers must feel like year after year.

Please just fire this stupid fuck.  I don't really care who is next.

This, please. If you really want to torture yourself, go to the recruiting threads, and be amazed at good citizens posting about how great this 3-star, 3A RB is, or how amazing that 3 star WR is going to be. It's like somehow they haven't noticed that this head coach is UTTERLY INCAPABLE OF MAKING PLAYERS BETTER and now he can't even recruit the star players.

If you care about UT football, you should be doing everything you can to get rid of Turtle Tom. Send an email to CDC. Post on social media about how much he sucks. Do not send your money to UT. Me? I now send my nastiest memes to my boys at 104.9 the HORN in hopes that they will read them on the air. Sometimes, they do. 

Tutle-Tom.jpg

Edited by TreatyOak