The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/mueller-report/585631/

The Mueller investigation has been an unmitigated success in exposing political corruption...

...Through his investigation, Mueller has also provided a plausible answer to the question that first bothered me. Trump’s motive for praising Putin appears to have been, in large part, commercial. With his relentless pursuit of Trump Tower Moscow, the Republican nominee for president had active commercial interests in Russia that he failed to disclose to the American people. In fact, he explicitly and shamelessly lied about them. As Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen implied in his congressional testimony, Trump ran his campaign as something of an infomercial, hoping to convince the Russians that he was a good partner. To enrich himself, Trump promised to realign American foreign policy.

This is the very definition of corruption, and it provides the plot line that runs through the entirety of Trump’s political life.

Edited by used2b

6 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Who’s the source? Is that like the situation?

It's  a good article.  

Spoiler

The view from the White House was reliably upbeat, with a senior official describing an “ecstatic” mood among colleagues to The Daily Beast, and the president’s re-election campaign quickly moved to fundraise off the news. “NO COLLUSION & COMPLETE EXONERATION! Dems raised millions off a lie. Now we FIGHT BACK!” read a message texted to Trump supporters.

On Capitol Hill, Republicans hustled to frame Barr’s summary of Mueller’s report as definitive proof that Democrats need to give up Russia-related investigations of the president. “This case is closed,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) in a statement. “It is time we move on for the good of the nation.”

lol.

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

American governance is going to cycle between parties like it has since the beginning. Donald Trump will be gone before you know it and more likely than not, a Democrat will replace him.

The Democrats will then go on to lose seats in Congress.

Then a Republican will replace a Democrat in the White House.

You get the idea. Today's winner is tomorrow's loser. Yay, politics.

Mostly poo flinging til America collapses whether it be 200 years from now or 1500 years

6 minutes ago, Kiss said:

I'm ashamed to be an American.

There is no rule of law, it's rule by white collar business criminals. I guess it always was. Robber Barons forever. Now protected by and enshrined into "law".

This does not make ANY since. How do you go from "The president might be a Russian asset" and 25th Amendment discussions in which you consider wearing a wire to total exoneration of crime family fascism.

The FBI has failed us. Franky -- pardon all their indictments and arrests. It's illegitmate harassment now. Demote all the FBI agents who executed this. Mueller and Rosenstein. Mueller's a feckless tool and Rosenstein's a peacocking pussy.

The business of America isn't business, the business of America is bullshit.

not you again.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiss said:

We do. Even Mueller asserted that.

How bout the damn hacks of the DNC & Hillary's emails. Which happened. IMMEDIATELY AFTER TRUMP PUBLICLY REQUESTED IT. (Ie, collusion, in plain fucking sight)

I know you’re a mentally unstable troll who should seek psychiatric help before you harm yourself and I probably shouldn’t waste my time responding, but holy fucking shit dude, you’re a fucking idiot.

1 minute ago, Kiss said:

Um. He's gonna repeal my health care & my food stamps and I'm homeless and disabled.

There. Is. No. Help.

I took a bus to Austin for help and I'm a Texas Ex and I slept on campus and they arrested me for trespassing and banned from campus life.

And I just wanted help.

America is bullshit.

Christianity is a lie.

I have to give people sex to stay alive.

There is no "help".

Homeless with online access, which bridge you under?

7 hours ago, CoTex said:

Question - was there collusion with Russians  to alter an election and if so, who were the people involved with enough authority to matter?

The WORST case scenario was that Russia and Stone helped the WikiLeaks guy leak stuff on Hilary with the understanding that Stone could scratch their back later.  But you said "alter" and the answer is no.  Not even the loudest Trump bashers pointed to the map at states HRC woulda won but for those meddling kids.

16 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

The WORST case scenario was that Russia and Stone helped the WikiLeaks guy leak stuff on Hilary with the understanding that Stone could scratch their back later.  But you said "alter" and the answer is no.  Not even the loudest Trump bashers pointed to the map at states HRC woulda won but for those meddling kids.

^^^ I tend to agree with that to an extent.  Realize Stone was technically not a part of the Trump campaign.  Barr's letter only speaks to Mueller conclusions in a very narrow frame - no determinative coordination between Trump/Trump campaign members with Russian government around election attack.  If Trump was aware, it most likely included communication w Stone, not RU govt.  And Stone's indictment is linked to the 12 indicted Russians at IRA. 

----> what IS still going on as a spin-off that could touch the WH ? 

Per NYT, this is a glimpse of active fed investigation at EDNY:

D2cEnxwWsAA0aaC.jpg

Edited by triplehorn

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

^^^ I tend to agree with that to an extent.  Realize Stone was technically not a part of the Trump campaign.  Barr's letter only speaks to Mueller conclusions in a very narrow frame - no determinative coordination between Trump/Trump campaign members with Russian government around election attack.  If Trump was aware, it most likely included communication w Stone, not RU govt.  And Stone's indictment is linked to the 12 indicted Russians at IRA. 

----> what IS still going on as a spin-off that could touch the WH ? 

Per NYT, this is a glimpse of active fed investigation at EDNY:

D2cEnxwWsAA0aaC.jpg

And that's basically an Atkins nothing burger.   Washington is teeming with people who claim they have influence and would be good friends to have.

4 minutes ago, Kiss said:

I'll repeat. Fuck Trump to goddamn death. Bitch ass clown. 

Die of a heart attack you despicable evil traitor rapist racist scumbag. 

And this goes for all you trump tard turds. You immoral PSYCHO fucks. 

You evil murderers. 

Shame on your parents and god help your kids. 

Go To HELL. YOU NAZI MOTHER FUCKERS.

Stop eating the bat guano.   Find another bridge downtown 

• Like 1

Jeez, I see Triplehorn has received his Democratic National Committee Post-Mueller Report Social Media Spam Pack to distribute on social media and on online forums (DNCPMRSMSP). This dude is definitely getting paid to post. It’s ridiculous.

Everyone should very carefully scrutinize every single piece of information they consume in this world, because so so much of it ties back to an organization whose job is to spread propaganda and shape your opinion. I wonder why we haven’t seen the Fox News Mueller Report Football Spike Gloat Pack yet (FNMRFSGP).