The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I think most thinking people  believe Trumps done illegal shit. He hasn't been caught, but still may be implicated in ongoing investigations.

If you think Hilary wasn't and isn't a crook you're a head in the sand fool. Trumps illegal shit has been in the private sector (up until 2016 at least). Hillary used her time in gov't service to commit crimes against the citizens of the country to benefit her. The e. mail/server issue is and was real.

Her destruction of the primary evidence makes it hard if, not impossible to convict. You can try and deny there was no illegal intent, but you'd be lying or just too naive to grasp what she as doing with her hidden server when she was AG (and after), and the money was pouring in to the Clinton foundation coffers for future favors.  30,000 e mails relating to yoga and wedding plans ?  sure right ?  Funny how Comey pretty much called her lie about no sensitive material being on the e. mails they were able to recover, I mean the ones that weren't literally smashed to bits inside her illegally used devices.

I chose to pick an outsider who went up against a person whose entire game plan was to win the WH at any cost. The Clintons have enough dirt on them for 10 life long felons. That you choose to ignore it is typical of a partisan supporter. I've said many times that if Trump is guilty then get his ass out of office.  I would have voted for any candidate going up against Hillary "I'm an unconvicted felon" Clinton.  

Wait, after reading through all that spew, I still have a question:  is the process legitimate or is it not?  You're jizzing yourself over Donald being set free by the evil DOJ?  What?  

Try to be consistent, you fucking tinfoil freak.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It wasn’t a Russia problem.  It was a HILLARY problem.

get that through your thick skull.

Hillary called the shit out in real time and was called a crazy liar so yeah, no. 

Was she negligent and a flawed candidate? Yeah sure but that doesn’t make her any less of a victim of a Russian military operation. 

11 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If you think Hilary wasn't and isn't a crook you're a head in the sand fool. Trumps illegal shit has been in the private sector (up until 2016 at least). Hillary used her time in gov't service to commit crimes against the citizens of the country to benefit her. The e. mail/server issue is and was real.

Her destruction of the primary evidence makes it hard if, not impossible to convict. You can try and deny there was no illegal intent, but you'd be lying or just too naive to grasp what she as doing with her hidden server when she was AG (and after), and the money was pouring in to the Clinton foundation coffers for future favors.  30,000 e mails relating to yoga and wedding plans ?  sure right ?  Funny how Comey pretty much called her lie about no sensitive material being on the e. mails they were able to recover, I mean the ones that weren't literally smashed to bits inside her illegally used devices.

I chose to pick an outsider who went up against a person whose entire game plan was to win the WH at any cost. The Clintons have enough dirt on them for 10 life long felons. That you choose to ignore it is typical of a partisan supporter. I've said many times that if Trump is guilty then get his ass out of office.  I would have voted for any candidate going up against Hillary "I'm an unconvicted felon" Clinton.  

Someone should really do something about that.

9 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

he got impeached because he perjured himself under oath but feel free to rewrite history.

He lied about getting a blowjob. Men lie about blow jobs all the time. “No Honey I didn’t get a blowjob from her.” “Yeah dude that chick blew me last night.” Ken Starr once claimed he got a blow job and unless he admitted it was from a dude, he was lying to.  Got it? 

Dumbest impeachment ever and nothing is ever gonna change that one. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I would actually like to see that.  Gonna be tough though. One side has been worked into a frenzy over a bullshit narrative that on its face is straight up ludicrous. Now that’s it’s being officially declared such, people that have been in said frenzy want a fresh slate. Gonna be a tough sell. 

Seriously, were you asleep during the Obama presidency?

This era of American politics is just so profoundly weird. Ten years ago I never would’ve guessed we’d see Glenn Greenwald uncritically cheerleading a summary conclusion by William Barr into an investigation of a Republican President just so he could shit on liberals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

He lied about getting a blowjob. Men lie about blow jobs all the time. “No Honey I didn’t get a blowjob from her.” “Yeah dude that chick blew me last night.” Ken Starr once claimed he got a blow job and unless he admitted it was from a dude, he was lying to.  Got it? 

Dumbest impeachment ever and nothing is ever gonna change that one. 

lying under oath...an actual crime, it the dumbest impeachment ever?

Edited by hornbri

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

This era of American politics is just so profoundly weird. Ten years ago I never would’ve guessed we’d see Glenn Greenwald uncritically cheerleading a summary conclusion by William Barr into an investigation of a Republican President just so he could shit on liberals.

No brain shall remain unbroken.

Just now, tjhooker said:

I dont know what is so hard to understand.  He LIED under oath.  That is what sealed his fate and gave the R's leeway to go for impeachment since he actually broke the law.  Remember he was also disbarred due to it.  You guys are comical.  

About a blowjob. 

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's shitting on the insane strain of liberalism that currently dominate the discourse with vitriol and lunacy.

Just now, tjhooker said:

who cares WTF it was about.  You can't commit perjury.  Especially as a president.  I guess some laws are OK to break.  Just depends you know.

Man you are one serious dude. You should lighten up. 

Oh and the only reason your hero hasn’t committed perjury under oath is he refuses to go under oath and his attorneys, wisely I might add, wont let him. Otherwise he would lie his ass off about everyone except his name and I’m not even sure about that one. 

• Like 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Agreed. What a world where liberals love the unconstitutional surveillance apparatus and the military industrial complex. 

I also love the fact that we are pivoting to talk of clinton blow job impeachment. What a world. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anastasis said:

Agreed. What a world where liberals love the unconstitutional surveillance apparatus and the military industrial complex. 

I also love the fact that we are pivoting to talk of clinton blow job impeachment. What a world. 

This has been one of the most interesting shifts I've seen.

10 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

LOL MSNBC will do the opposite.  Watch.  They will double down and not ever accept this.  They look like complete fools today for 2 yrs of pushing this narrative but they are too pompous and elitist to admit that.

Just like Hugo and triplehorn 

8 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

no dumb ass jimmy thinks he was impeached due to a blowjob in a closet.  when in fact he actually broke the law as president.

It was in a closet? Didn’t know that. Seems difficult and kind of unnecessary. You’ve done your homework on this one tj, bravo old chap. 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The report does not say they found no evidence. 

The Special Counsel's investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. As the report states: "[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do not conflate conservative with Trumpkin.  Trumpkins aren't conservative.

As a conservative, but not Republican and not Trumpkin, I am fairly disappointed that the report apparently did not uncover and reveal misdeeds by Trump.  I was hoping that it would be a roadmap to, and impetus for, impeachment.

Without backup from a professional investigator and prosecutor like Mueller, we're going to have to listen to a bunch of grandstanding bullshit from house committees for the next two years.

And the realistic hope for removing Trump from office will be death or the 2020 election.

Don't be disappointed until you see the full Mueller report.  Barr is turning into a toad.

I could be disappointed too, but there's a motivation towards non-transparency behind the fact that Trump/Sekulow do not want to personally receive the full Mueller report, and that Barr does not want to release the full Mueller report.

Just now, Dolemite said:

The Special Counsel's investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. As the report states: "[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."1

That does not mean there is no evidence of wrongdoing. It means they felt they did not have enough evidence to establish a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Don't be disappointed until you see the full Mueller report.  Barr is turning into a toad.

I could be disappointed too, but there's a motivation towards non-transparency behind the fact that Trump/Sekulow do not want to personally receive the full Mueller report, and that Barr does not want to release the full Mueller report.

tenor.gif?itemid=7457964

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You forgot campaign finance violations and lying to Congress.

What Manafort was charged with

The charges against Manafort at the trial broke down as follows:

• False income tax returns (five counts): Manafort did not report any of the $30 million of his Ukrainian payments that he transferred into the US on his income tax returns, or pay taxes on it. He also falsely said, on those tax returns, that he had no authority over any financial accounts in foreign countries. He faced one count for each tax year from 2010 to 2014.
  • Failure to report foreign bank or financial assets (four counts): Manafort also didn’t report any of his offshore accounts to the Treasury Department by filing what’s known as an FBAR form — a legally required disclosure. He faced one count for each year from 2011 to 2014.
  • Bank fraud or bank fraud conspiracy (nine counts): These charges related to Manafort’s attempts to get loans from several US banks between 2015 and January 2017. Prosecutors alleged that he made false statements such as lying about his company’s profits, existing loans on his properties, and other matters — and that he eventually secured more than $20 million in loans

The 4 people sentenced to prison so far in Mueller's investigation

Source: CNN
Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison 02:31

(CNN)Four people have been sentenced to prison as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference, with the latest being former Donald Trump attorney and fixer Michael Cohen. Here's a roundup of the four people, their crimes and their punishments.

Michael Cohen

Cohen pleaded guilty to evading taxes from his personal business ventures, violating campaign finance laws at the direction of candidate Trump and lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Russia during the campaign. Most of the charges were brought by federal prosecutors in Manhattan after a referral from Mueller.
After asking for a punishment without incarceration, Cohen was sentenced on Wednesday to three years in prison. The judge ordered Cohen to begin his prison term in March 2019.

George Papadopoulos

Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government. One of his Kremlin-linked contacts told him early in 2016 that the Russians had dirt on Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of "thousands of emails," according to court filings.
A federal judge sentenced Papadopoulos to serve 14 days in prison for lying to the FBI. Papadopoulos cooperated with the investigation and asked the judge for leniency, while prosecutors sought a six-month prison term. He served his punishment at a federal prison in Wisconsin and was released from prison earlier this month.

Alex van der Zwaan

Dutch lawyer Alex van der Zwaan pleaded guilty to lying to investigators about his discussions with former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates. Van der Zwaan was previously employed by the international law firm Skadden Arps, which worked on Ukraine projects with Gates and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
He sentenced by a federal judge to 30 days in prison and ordered to pay a $20,000 fine. He served his time at a federal facility in Pennsylvania and was released in June. He was quickly deported back home to his native Netherlands as a consequence of his felony conviction.

Richard Pinedo

Richard Pinedo of California pleaded guilty to identity fraud connected to Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to court filings. Pinedo acknowledged that he sold dummy bank accounts to Russians who used them for online payment services, like PayPal. Pinedo's lawyer said his client was unaware of the identity or motivation of his customers.
Pinedo was sentenced to six months in prison. Prosecutors from Mueller's office said Pinedo cooperated extensively with their investigation into Russian meddling and offered to help other prosecutors if related cases arise in the future. He is serving his sentence at federal prison near Taft, California, and is scheduled to be released in May 2019.

• PAID CONTENT
Edited by Dolemite

3 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Not sure this is the strategy you want to go with. 

I have no strategy, couldn't care less what anyone on either side thinks. I didn't vote for president so I don't deserve to give political opinions here but I'll give opinions on the thread.....which sucks.