The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That does not mean there is no evidence of wrongdoing. It means they felt they did not have enough evidence to establish a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

The absence of evidence isn’t the evidence of absence!  IMPEACH!  Fine by me btw.  We can have Pence as President and then the games can really begin! 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, XingTheRubicon said:

Is any of that collusion?

Mueller also charged Manafort and ex-GRU agent Kilimnik w obstructing justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Mueller didn't go there.  There's a very real chance subsequent matters in other ongoing investigations will collide with this matter.

It ain't over.

Just now, triplehorn said:

Mueller also charged Manafort and ex-GRU agent Kilimnik w obstructing justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

Mueller didn't go there.  There's a very real chance subsequent matters in other ongoing investigations will collide with this matter.

It ain't over.

It won't be over until the public has a chance to read the report.

The president can order its release tomorrow.

Let's hope he does the right thing.

Just now, David Dennison said:

It won't be over until the public has a chance to read the report.

The president can order its release tomorrow.

Let's hope he does the right thing.

Including full declassification of FISA related filings and procedures. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Well Russia did try their best to get DJT elected as the IC and now Mueller confirms. We need to have Trump do something about that even though they helped him. I think this is where his business mentality hurts him. Sort of a hey they helped me so they can't be that bad type of thing. Instead we get him publically saying he believes Putin's denials. Like I commented to @Johnny Sack earlier, we dont need to go all 1962 on them, but a bit more into acting like getting caught doing this a big deal to the administration and that they're taking it seriously.

Is it possible that the Russians made the same presumption that many did - A Hillary Win is the probable outcome - and they just wanted her to be dinged up when she assumed office?

the alternative is what - the Russians believed Trump was electable, knew exactly how to nudge him over the hump and did so, because they were confident a Trump presidency was better for them?  If so, what did they know about polls that we couldn’t figure out, and why were they certain trump was better?

10 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

What Manafort was charged with

The charges against Manafort at the trial broke down as follows:

• False income tax returns (five counts): Manafort did not report any of the $30 million of his Ukrainian payments that he transferred into the US on his income tax returns, or pay taxes on it. He also falsely said, on those tax returns, that he had no authority over any financial accounts in foreign countries. He faced one count for each tax year from 2010 to 2014.
  • Failure to report foreign bank or financial assets (four counts): Manafort also didn’t report any of his offshore accounts to the Treasury Department by filing what’s known as an FBAR form — a legally required disclosure. He faced one count for each year from 2011 to 2014.
  • Bank fraud or bank fraud conspiracy (nine counts): These charges related to Manafort’s attempts to get loans from several US banks between 2015 and January 2017. Prosecutors alleged that he made false statements such as lying about his company’s profits, existing loans on his properties, and other matters — and that he eventually secured more than $20 million in loans

The 4 people sentenced to prison so far in Mueller's investigation

Source: CNN
Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison 02:31

(CNN)Four people have been sentenced to prison as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election interference, with the latest being former Donald Trump attorney and fixer Michael Cohen. Here's a roundup of the four people, their crimes and their punishments.

Michael Cohen

Cohen pleaded guilty to evading taxes from his personal business ventures, violating campaign finance laws at the direction of candidate Trump and lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Russia during the campaign. Most of the charges were brought by federal prosecutors in Manhattan after a referral from Mueller.
After asking for a punishment without incarceration, Cohen was sentenced on Wednesday to three years in prison. The judge ordered Cohen to begin his prison term in March 2019.

George Papadopoulos

Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government. One of his Kremlin-linked contacts told him early in 2016 that the Russians had dirt on Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of "thousands of emails," according to court filings.
A federal judge sentenced Papadopoulos to serve 14 days in prison for lying to the FBI. Papadopoulos cooperated with the investigation and asked the judge for leniency, while prosecutors sought a six-month prison term. He served his punishment at a federal prison in Wisconsin and was released from prison earlier this month.

Alex van der Zwaan

Dutch lawyer Alex van der Zwaan pleaded guilty to lying to investigators about his discussions with former Trump campaign aide Rick Gates. Van der Zwaan was previously employed by the international law firm Skadden Arps, which worked on Ukraine projects with Gates and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
He sentenced by a federal judge to 30 days in prison and ordered to pay a $20,000 fine. He served his time at a federal facility in Pennsylvania and was released in June. He was quickly deported back home to his native Netherlands as a consequence of his felony conviction.

Richard Pinedo

Richard Pinedo of California pleaded guilty to identity fraud connected to Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to court filings. Pinedo acknowledged that he sold dummy bank accounts to Russians who used them for online payment services, like PayPal. Pinedo's lawyer said his client was unaware of the identity or motivation of his customers.
Pinedo was sentenced to six months in prison. Prosecutors from Mueller's office said Pinedo cooperated extensively with their investigation into Russian meddling and offered to help other prosecutors if related cases arise in the future. He is serving his sentence at federal prison near Taft, California, and is scheduled to be released in May 2019.

• PAID CONTENT

Remind me what they got Al Capone for?

44 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

LOL MSNBC will do the opposite.  Watch.  They will double down and not ever accept this.  They look like complete fools today for 2 yrs of pushing this narrative but they are too pompous and elitist to admit that.

I know it's frustrating when the smart people point at you and laugh, and then they continue on with the conversations that you could never hope to understand, but hang in there, buddy.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Don't be disappointed until you see the full Mueller report.  Barr is turning into a toad.

I could be disappointed too, but there's a motivation towards non-transparency behind the fact that Trump/Sekulow do not want to personally receive the full Mueller report, and that Barr does not want to release the full Mueller report.

I think it's time to let go of that rope, buddy.

Glad to know Trump is just a buffoon and a con-artist and not actually in Russia's pocket.  If the Dems are smart they'll sweep this under the rug as quick as they can and pivot to real issues.  But from all the Aggy talk I've already seen, I'm guessing that's not going to be the case. 

And folks really should read that article by Taibbi.  Dude just ruthlessly lays out how fucked this whole thing was from the jump.  If you think Fox News and the national AM radio hacks like Limbaugh and Levin are the only propagandists living in this country, you're sadly mistaken.  The leftists who think they're so much better/smarter than their conservative counterparts got taken for a ride by their media overlords. 

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Also, glad to know that even though he never should have had any in the first place, Hugo's credibility is now somewhere far, far south of zero.  Thousands upon thousands of posts screaming about how the commander-in-chief is a Russian agent.  For this?  Nothing?  Nada?  Just Trump being who we always knew he was: a self-obsessed narcissist.  If Hugo had any shame he'd banish himself.  Instead, he's still here desperately trying to walk it back and spin it as best he can.  Sorry Alex, but the jig is up.  The alien-human hybrids and psychic vampires aren't real. 

• Like 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I know it's frustrating when the smart people point at you and laugh, and then they continue on with the conversations that you could never hope to understand, but hang in there, buddy.

That reminds me, I read something very interesting today.

Number of the 20 least prosperous U.S. congressional districts that are represented by Republicans: 16

Of the 20 most prosperous districts that are represented by Democrats: 20

Sounds about right.

Just now, Incredulity said:

Three things I am absolutely certain of.

1.) the sun will rise tomorrow.

2.) the D’s will not nominate a white male for 2020 presidential election.

3.) the D’s won’t step away from this issue and focus on legislation.

4) A Democrat will be president sometime in the near future.

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Were all these trumpkins just hanging out in the Hillary thread waiting for this day?

We didn't have to wait...we've known for 2 years. 

Only a complete dumbass would buy into this "he's a russian agent!" jackassery.

You lost...the dems lost.  At some point, you boys are gonna have to look inward.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Number of the 20 least prosperous U.S. congressional districts that are represented by Republicans: 16

Sounds about right.

That should make you feel better.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Sounds about right.

Only people with a lot of money have the luxury to worry about a large portion of the D platform.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Three things I am absolutely certain of.

1.) the sun will rise tomorrow.

2.) the D’s will not nominate a white male for 2020 presidential election.

3.) the D’s won’t step away from this issue and focus on legislation.

Disagree with item 2. They’ll elect an old white privileged male. Just look at the thread debating whether Bernie, bob O’Rourke, or Biden is the best choice 

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Did the RNC send out a bunch of talking points to talk about Bill Clinton and the fact that Ken Starr caught him in the great blowjob lie? Because that’s what its looking like tonight. 

I’m pretty sure Dems are the ones bringing up old shit. Rs are winning the day. Why change focus?  

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m pretty sure Dems are the ones bringing up old shit. Rs are winning the day. Why change focus?  

How are the Rs winning the day? This ensures Pence won’t ever be president and trump will be the R nominee chosen to lose in 2020. Plus the Republican Party will become even more the party of trump, a surefire loser.

Not seeing how the Rs win in that scenario.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Glad to know Trump is just a buffoon and a con-artist and not actually in Russia's pocket.  If the Dems are smart they'll sweep this under the rug as quick as they can and pivot to real issues. 

Transparency is what I expect.  Do you ? 

Unfortunately, avoiding that now appears to be a full court press by Barr with an assist from the WH/GOP.

13 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Glad to know Trump is just a buffoon and a con-artist and not actually in Russia's pocket.  If the Dems are smart they'll sweep this under the rug as quick as they can and pivot to real issues.  But from all the Aggy talk I've already seen, I'm guessing that's not going to be the case. 

And folks really should read that article by Taibbi.  Dude just ruthlessly lays out how fucked this whole thing was from the jump.  If you think Fox News and the national AM radio hacks like Limbaugh and Levin are the only propagandists living in this country, you're sadly mistaken.  The leftists who think they're so much better/smarter than their conservative counterparts got taken for a ride by their media overlords. 

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Also, glad to know that even though he never should have had any in the first place, Hugo's credibility is now somewhere far, far south of zero.  Thousands upon thousands of posts screaming about how the commander-in-chief is a Russian agent.  For this?  Nothing?  Nada?  Just Trump being who we always knew he was: a self-obsessed narcissist.  If Hugo had any shame he'd banish himself.  Instead, he's still here desperately trying to walk it back and spin it as best he can.  Sorry Alex, but the jig is up.  The alien-human hybrids and psychic vampires aren't real. 

Add Matt Taibbi to the list of of liberals uncritically cheerleading a summary conclusion by William Barr into an investigation of a Republican President just so he could shit on obviously more enlightened liberals.

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Add Matt Taibbi to the list of of liberals uncritically cheerleading a summary conclusion by William Barr into an investigation of a Republican President just so he could shit on obviously more enlightened liberals.

I wonder what he'll say after he reads the report.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, for a #bothsides guy you sure seem to lean hard towards the fascists.  You should probably work on that.

Calling for transparency when it comes to an unconstitutional surveillance state being deployed for political purposes=fascist sympathizer.

Come on Jimmy. You and I both know that you are better than that. 

• Like 1

Calling for transparency when it comes to an unconstitutional surveillance state being deployed for political purposes=fascist sympathizer.

Come on Jimmy. You and I both know that you are better than that. 

No he’s not.