The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

9 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

1. The pee tape actually being a kiddie tape. 

2. The RNC and its leadership somehow being more complicit than what has been made public so far. 

3. Actual vote changing.

#1 and #2 would not surprise me.

#3 wouldn’t surprise me but it would surprise me if that information was made public because it would undermine the whole system.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

#1 and #2 would not surprise me.

#3 wouldn’t surprise me but it would surprise me if that information was made public because it would undermine the whole system.

Yes, but if number 3 is true, then the system needs to be fixed. It would definitely be made public because the current powers that be would not want it fixed.  The Trump admin would likely even try to rig it further if it is concealed.  Make it public. Create a bipartisan organization to fix it. Bring in 3rd party observers to insure integrity. Hell, we should do this anyway just because of the proven attempts even if the success rate has been zero so far. 

Also, the exit polls pretty closely matched the actual results so I dont think the outcome was changed even if some votes were fucked with. 

3 minutes ago, retread said:

The Russians, and probably the Chinese, have probed our voting systems. We've done nothing to call them out publicly for it. Who knows what we've done behind the scenes.

If "we" means Trump, "we" do nothing, deny it happened, continue to turn a blind eye toward it, and hope they're successful next time. Can you imagine Trump with a Putin style rigged "mandate" election, complete with rigged wins for puppet Congressmen and Senators? The Constitution holds by a tiny thread as it is since Congress has completely abandoned its post. The only thing saving us right now is the fact that Trump is too big a buffoon to really get the military on board. That's really what separates him from the strongmen he admires. 

I think the FEC has people with integrity in it, but like with the EPA or the State Dept, the rot at the top prevents them from doing their jobs effectively. 

It’s on the States to secure their voting systems. Homeland Security can only inform them of what they saw and give suggestions for preventative measures.

I’m not as concerned about the votes being hacked as the other stuff Russia is doing.  We’ve seen plenty of indications in other elections since 2016 that a blue wave is not only possible but likely.

even though they are his own personal lawyers and investigators

He's showing so much restraint

On tampering, it's hard to see how 50 individual states can combat cyber attacks from Russia and/or China. Do they have the manpower and IT ability to do that? Seems like it would be an NSA/CIA/military group that would be able to secure our voting system? I don't know enough about it to know the answer.

Edited by retread

6 minutes ago, retread said:

On tampering, it's hard to see how 50 individual states can combat cyber attacks from Russia and/or China. Do they have the manpower and IT ability to do that? Seems like it would be an NSA/CIA/military group that would be able to secure our voting system? I don't know enough about it to know the answer.

From my understanding, the CIA/NSA can only watch. They can act with a directive to act and given there has been no directive to act on Russia’s other interference, I doubt they’ve been directed on the election systems.

The States have to act.

• Like 1

In Texas, I would say go back to paper ballots and put the Rangers in charge of making sure the rules are followed.      It's how we used to do it, it should still work.   I don't know if the vote counters of past were paid or volunteer, but if necessary, pay them.  Surely there is a way to make it work.    

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

That’s fucking interesting man. 

No doubt.  I would like to think someone of Prince's resources though will be technically savy enough to not leave much of a footprint behind.  

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is truly incredible. The entire party is a group of traitors actively working to consolidate power and eliminate opposition 

It appears that to the extent that there are Congress critters accepting campaign cash in the form of laundered rubles, there will have to be a legal takedown that extends into Congress - before Trump is gone.  

10 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

It appears that to the extent that there are Congress critters accepting campaign cash in the form of laundered rubles, there will have to be a legal takedown that extends into Congress - before Trump is gone.  

Maybe we’ll finally find out who killed JFK. And what happened to OJ Simpson after they faked his landing on Mars. 

• Like 1

If I were Rosenstein, every time Nunes requests documents, I would give him a ton of unrelated documents with information that is already in the public sphere.

That way, Rosenstein can give the appearance he is cooperating with Congressional investigators without compromising the investigation.

56 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Maybe we’ll finally find out who killed JFK. And what happened to OJ Simpson after they faked his landing on Mars. 

It's not like Mueller indicted Trump's campaign manager for laundering $30M or anything.  Stay gold pony boy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Manafort is acting like a child who has never gotten a consequence for an action. I honestly think he doesn't realize the position he's in... 

There was an article in The Atlantic I believe dissecting his psyche and how long he has been able to buy, beg, or bully his way into and out of all kinds of situations to the point where he really seemed to believe that he was invisible and bulletproof.  And went on to say he does not seem to understand that he isn't buying, begging, or bullying his way out of this.

Mueller Poised to Zero In on Trump-Russia Collusion Allegations

By 
 and 
June 26, 2018, 4:00 AM EDT
  • Special counsel to focus once he resolves obstruction inquiry
  • The meetings with Russians stretched as far back as 2015

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is preparing to accelerate his probe into possible collusion between Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and Russians who sought to interfere in the 2016 election, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

Mueller and his team of prosecutors and investigators have an eye toward producing conclusions -- and possible indictments -- related to collusion by fall, said the person, who asked not to be identified. He’ll be able to turn his full attention to the issue as he resolves other questions, including deciding soon whether to find that Trump sought to obstruct justice.

2F7824F6-6D7F-4C1C-ACCC-88710EB4224C_zps

• Like 1