The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That was a smack down. 

And one moment Jordan is claiming the media has it right and that’s where he is getting his information from, and then he’s claiming it came from staffers.  He seems to be a little confused.  

And I don’t see him putting any staffers under oath.

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I thought the media was not to be trusted?  I have a confused.

Jim Jordan hates the media.  Except when he needs to make a point, and then some random journalist’s word is better than a DOJ official under oath.

These hearings are doing a good job of making the case that a lot of Republicans have been compromised mentally, and by the Russians.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When they release all of it, they are going to realize that they hated Hillary Clinton just as much at they hated Donald Trump. The Director of FBI and Rosenstein are doing their best to try to stop the Republicans from embarrassing themselves.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

When they release all of it, they are going to realize that they hated Hillary Clinton just as much at they hated Donald Trump. The Director of FBI and Rosenstein are doing their best to try to stop the Republicans from embarrassing themselves.

They aren’t going to release it.  They’re pulling a Grassley.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They aren’t going to release it.  They’re pulling a Grassley.

OK, if they release it.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Mueller is gonna Mueller. Let it play out. If the current politics work in Trump's favor, punish Republicans at the polls. Most of these members are up in the fall.

2 hours ago, retread said:

Fuck that fauxhawk, elf-looking Trey Gowdy for telling Mueller to hurry up.

Gowdy has the look of resignation, and attitude, of somebody who knows bad things are coming and he just wants to get it over with.

If they truly believed Mueller’s investigation was going nowhere, they wouldn’t be so concerned/angry.  They are all acting like they want to know the outcome so they can explain to the voters how they had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

We are all in good hands with Rosenstein and Wray.  By we, I mean anyone of any stripe not involved in illegal fuckery.

Watching those clips, they struck an impressive balance.  They demonstrate their competence and knowledge with an appropriate level of assertiveness so as to not get steamrolled with intimidation while also not losing their cool in way that could be used against them as manufactured evidence of personal or political bias.

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

We are all in good hands with Rosenstein and Wray.  By we, I mean anyone of any stripe not involved in illegal fuckery.

Watching those clips, they struck an impressive balance.  They demonstrate their competence and knowledge with an appropriate level of assertiveness so as to not get steamrolled with intimidation while also not losing their cool in way that could be used against them as manufactured evidence of personal or political bias.

So, basically they're professionals who understand the gray areas and don't emotionally overreact.  I wish I could say that's standard in government, but unfortunately, it's not.

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Gowdy cusses like a scout master whose kids just got him kicked out of Denny's before he even got to drink his coffee.

Or he’s the surly teenager who got busted drinking, and he’s putting on a brave front in front of his buddies while he’s waiting on his old man to get home and punish him

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I remember my first cuss word.

I said "bitch". To my Mama. Daddy chased me up and down the house before he treed me in the front room.

We were generally a child-beating household, but I got away with it because I didn't know what it meant.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Looks like he bought in 2006 so the loan came after he had bought the place. Not that significant of a Trump link.

No one said the loan was used to buy the Trump property. Manafort was Trump's campaign manager, for an election you don't get more significant of a link than that without blood ties. 

Manafort used John Hannah LLC to purchase the Trump Tower condo in 2006. He bought that condo all cash after signing some big pro-Russia Ukraine business. 

Before the election, Manafort had Deripaska pay $10 million dollars into the same LLC.

The news is 

1) Manafort owed $10 million dollars to a crooked oligarch very close to Putin WHILE he was serving as Trump's campaign manager for no salary. It was already really suspicious that Manafort took no salary, since he owed Deripaska as shit load of money from bad deals before. Now it comes out that Putin was indirectly paying Trump's campaign manager. 

2) Mueller knows the same LLC was used for both of these events, separated by 9 years. That likely means Mueller also knows about some other shady shit this LLC was used for. 

• Like 2

No one said the loan was used to buy the Trump property. Manafort was Trump's campaign manager, for an election you don't get more significant of a link than that without blood ties. 
Manafort used John Hannah LLC to purchase the Trump Tower condo in 2006. He bought that condo all cash after signing some big pro-Russia Ukraine business. 
Before the election, Manafort had Deripaska pay $10 million dollars into the same LLC.
The news is 
1) Manafort owed $10 million dollars to a crooked oligarch very close to Putin WHILE he was serving as Trump's campaign manager for no salary. It was already really suspicious that Manafort took no salary, since he owed Deripaska as shit load of money from bad deals before. Now it comes out that Putin was indirectly paying Trump's campaign manager. 
2) Mueller knows the same LLC was used for both of these events, separated by 9 years. That likely means Mueller also knows about some other shady shit this LLC was used for. 
All true. That tweet and the responses were making the inference that the loan went to the apartment and was money laundering by Trump. Just pointing that out.

7 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
14 minutes ago, Pods said:
The news is 

Read more  

All true. That tweet and the responses were making the inference that the loan went to the apartment and was money laundering by Trump. Just pointing that out.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it first too.