The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

All the butthole talk reminds me of a friend of mine's story from a night in the drunk tank. There were about 40 guys in there and one toilet, which was on a sort of platform in the middle of the tank. This young black kid was flipping out about it. "They want me to shit in that? I ain't gonna shit in that. Ain't no way I'm ever gonna shit in that!" Older black guy walks over to him, puts his hand on his shoulder, and says "Oh you gon' shit, boy. You gon' shit."

Is Paul Manafort the first Campaign Chairman for a President elect to ever have his butthole checked in jail?  I could be wrong, but I don't think any other Campaign Chairman for the sitting President of the United States has ever had their butthole checked in jail.  Paul Manafort having his butthole checked in jail is history in real time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Butthole-check talk not going away.

It's a gaping detachment from the original topic of the thread, but it's still a fact.  This hole issue just gets more and more absurd by the moment if you really stop to ponder the depth.  We shouldn't burrow away from all of the uncomfortable details of the probe.  It's important to not let one detail cause everything to be lodged in one box. 

• Like 3

The differences between James Carville's butthole, Karl Rove's butthole and Paul Manafort's butthole is that only one of those buttholes had to be checked in a booking process in a federal detention facility.  That one butthole belonged to Paul Manafort, former Campaign Chairman to President Donald Trump.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

The differences between James Carville's butthole, Karl Rove's butthole and Paul Manafort's butthole is that only one of those buttholes had to be checked in a booking process in a federal detention facility.  That one butthole belonged to Paul Manafort, former Campaign Chairman to President Donald Trump.

"“Like, Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign,” Trump continued."

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Encouraging to see Manafort going to jail. Implies that the whole system isn’t corrupt. So that’s nice.

Followed immediately by Trump talking about how wrong it is that they had to go back 12 years* and Trump's lawyer dangling a pardon. Trump is trying like hell to corrupt the system as quickly as he can. 

*Of course Trump is lying. The reason Paul Manafort is in jail is because of collusion between himself and a Russian to obstruct justice and tamper with witnesses that he committed starting in February. If he hadn't done that, he'd still be out on bail. 

15 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Maybe Hannah Arendt was right.

Somewhere in my memory was something somebody said about the banality of evil. Thank you for hooking me up.

Arendt found Eichmann an ordinary, rather bland, bureaucrat, who in her words, was ‘neither perverted nor sadistic’, but ‘terrifyingly normal’. He acted without any motive other than to diligently advance his career in the Nazi bureaucracy. Eichmann was not an amoral monster, she concluded in her study of the case, Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil (1963).

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

3443e201-caad-40c8-8ef7-a9fb26a3f6f6-lar

"OOO OOO  I'll do it!"

• Like 1

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Friday said special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation needs to end due to recent revelations by the Department of Justice's internal watchdog.

McCarthy said the text messages sent between FBI agents during their probe of Hillary Clinton's private emails clearly discredit Mueller's team's work. 

“If this was in a court of law they would throw this case out. I think the Mueller investigation has got to stop,” McCarthy said on "Fox and Friends."

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Friday said special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation needs to end due to recent revelations by the Department of Justice's internal watchdog.

McCarthy said the text messages sent between FBI agents during their probe of Hillary Clinton's private emails clearly discredit Mueller's team's work. 

“If this was in a court of law they would throw this case out. I think the Mueller investigation has got to stop,” McCarthy said on "Fox and Friends."

Do people believe this shit? Lol

57 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

"It's unfortunate that he's [Manafort] is jail with all kinds of poor people." - Alan Dershowitz

Heyyyyyyyyyy, fuck off Alan.

Dershowitz may have lost his mind, but I don't believe that's what he said.  He did rail against pretrial detention, which is a legit beef.  Manafort probably deserves it as much as anyone.

But when you consider it in the broader context, absent a real probability of flight before trial, it is kind of fucked up to jail people who are presumed innocent and then impose all kinds of onerous conditions and financial jeopardy if you let them out. 

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dershowitz may have lost his mind, but I don't believe that's what he said.  He did rail against pretrial detention, which is a legit beef.  Manafort probably deserves it as much as anyone.

But when you consider it in the broader context, absent a real probability of flight before trial, it is kind of fucked up to jail people who are presumed innocent and then impose all kinds of onerous conditions and financial jeopardy if you let them out. 

Our pre-trial bail system needs a serious overhaul but Manafort should have been sitting in a cell from day 1. If he isn’t the definition of a flight risk then I don’t know what is.

I agree about our pre-trial system but Manafort is not exactly the greatest poster child for the cause lol.

And maybe Dershowitz has been an advocate for this type of reform for decades and I just haven't read about it/seen him on TV discussing it but if he didn't give a shit about till now, I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

• Like 1