The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Are we counting lies or not, flip-flop? Don’t duck the issue. Try something new for you - man up and discuss the topic you raised. Do lies/misstatements count? You just counted them against buzzfeed. I wonder....do you have the logical and moral fiber to be consistent?
Or are you cut from the same gutless pissant fiber as your god? Make the call.

"My god"

ROFLMAO

• Fuck You 7

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s funny how right wing media gets to push crazy conspiracy theories about Rosenstein, Comey, Strozk, Ohr, and Page.  Then Congressional Republicans get to use that propaganda to launch supercharged partisan public and private investigations.

But when the democrats want to launch an aggressive investigation when they get wind that Trump might have ordered Cohen to lie to Congress, everyone freaks out.

It’s amazing I’m the only one that seems to notice this horseshit.

The difference is that with R’s and right wing media,  it was always a put on.  In that scenario, fucking up had less of a downside than admitting you had nothing.

When you’ve got something very real and very big, missteps can have severe consequences.

Just now, triplehorn said:

The difference is that with R’s and right wing media,  it was always a put on.  In that scenario, fucking up had less of a downside than admitting you had nothing.

When you’ve got something very real and very big, missteps can have severe consequences.

Which is why it's a good thing Mueller and Congress are crawling up the Donald's ass, no matter what the media does.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Mueller is all the sudden an enemy of truth and justice when he refutes a news story run with no evidenciary support that alleges the president directed someone to lie to congress under oath?

Does it need to be so melodramatic? Is the choice either he's a glorious angel or Satan? He's a lifelong Republican fed. His goal is to do his appointed duty and maintain the norms and structure of the American system of government. He is not here to go after Donald Trump. Those are different things.

A win for him would be knocking out a bunch of bit players and thugs, quietly getting Trump to go away, and making sure as few boats are rocked as possible while decorum is maintained. The Deep State is not a smoke-filled room of malevolent actors, it's a larger institutional memory whose internal momentum keeps it on the track of accepted normalcy.

Why did he refute this story? The news media has been running with thousands of different stories about this conspiracy, and this is the one to suddenly get chatty about? Why this one?

He's not a white knight riding in on a horse.

He's not a devil hiding in the shadows.

50 minutes ago, deech said:

It's funny how everyone's opinion of Mueller changed all of a sudden. 

Don't lump me in with the smooth-brained libs who have been etching Mueller's face onto the side of a mountain and buying childrens' books about him.

He's a fed. I hate the whole intelligence community; they're one of the most malevolent and destructive forces in this world. As I've said many times, my dream outcome is Donald Trump and the intelligence community beating each other to death on a remote, windswept mountain, neither to ever return.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s funny how right wing media gets to push crazy conspiracy theories about Rosenstein, Comey, Strozk, Ohr, and Page.  Then Congressional Republicans get to use that propaganda to launch supercharged partisan public and private investigations.

But when the democrats want to launch an aggressive investigation when they get wind that Trump might have ordered Cohen to lie to Congress, everyone freaks out.

Nice of you to admit buzzfeed is the dems....  my comment is how you and others like you jump on a report from an organization that has history of fabricating news as the smoking gun

only to have it blow up in your face, its funny

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s your lack of sleep.   You’re projecting. The Dems should not launch an aggressive investigation before they’ve even talked to Cohen. No, they shouldn’t do it until either the report is finished or there is a lot more.  

They have plenty of time to do this, but only one decent chance to get it right. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, TornACL said:

One thing I will say about this thread. The anti Trump contingent seems to be here every day. The Trump supporters only seem to come outside if the weather looks it might be OK that day. 

The funny part about this is that the weather is not OK. He's getting hammered from all sides. His presidency is in shambles and he's getting weaker by the day. 

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

I think we’re way past the point of having something to lose.  Getting to the truth is what matters most, not just locking up every criminal. 

It’s pretty much a race to the facts between Mueller and Congress at this point.  

Democrat needs to find their fucking balls and take this fight on.  Fuck this waiting for Mueller shit.  He can do his job just fine without Congress getting in the way.

This pussyfooting by the dems has to stop.

sure count whatever makes you happy, I am literally sitting here in my living room laughing at you

Laugh away. I’m not the person here who 1) thinks honesty and accuracy is important and 2) also loves Trump.
You’re a pathetic, cowardly creature. I’d laugh at you, but that’s just be cruel.
You got any balls or not? Does accuracy and truth matter or not? Go out and get some balls and answer. If you don’t have any balls of your own, just borrow the orange ones resting on your chin.

11 minutes ago, Smax said:

Nice of you to admit buzzfeed is the dems....  my comment is how you and others like you jump on a report from an organization that has history of fabricating news as the smoking gun

only to have it blow up in your face, its funny

They’ve been nominated for 8 Pulitzer’s in the past 2 years.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why did he refute this story? The news media has been running with thousands of different stories about this conspiracy, and this is the one to suddenly get chatty about? Why this one?

Because Congress’s reaction to this story was uniquely serious.  

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Who let all the maga trolls out of their cages? 

Seriously they get one glimmer of news they think is favorable and they go bananas like Obama just showed up on tv again in a tan suit. 

Here’s some tinfoil bullshit speculation:

Perhaps Mueller’s statement was by design to draw the nation’s focus, including the trumpers, just before he drops the anvil? 

I haven’t seen the Trumpkins this giddy since Election Day.

FTR I don’t buy this wishful thinking theory but it is a theory because Mueller breaking radio silence still doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps Mueller’s statement was by design to draw the nation’s focus, including the trumpers, just before he drops the anvil? 

FTR I don’t buy this wishful thinking theory but it is a theory because Mueller breaking radio silence still doesn’t make much sense to me. 

OR! Perhaps if you play it backward, it says Paul is dead. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Trump was gonna make a move against Mueller, it would have been long before now.  When he had both chambers backing him. 

He’s much politically weaker now than he was just two months ago.  

Or Trump is actually being protected by the Mueller Investigation.  The longer the investigation goes on, the more the Dems can kick the can on holding the motherfuckers publicly accountable 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, TornACL said:

One thing I will say about this thread. The anti Trump contingent seems to be here every day. The Trump supporters only seem to come outside if the weather looks it might be OK that day. 

No sense arguing with people who have no sense of reality.  It's like trying to teach a horse how to paint a fence.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It's not like the Buzzfeed story matters anyway. The facts are the facts and they will come out regardless.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Laugh away. I’m not the person here who 1) thinks honesty and accuracy is important and 2) also loves Trump.
You’re a pathetic, cowardly creature. I’d laugh at you, but that’s just be cruel.
You got any balls or not? Does accuracy and truth matter or not? Go out and get some balls and answer. If you don’t have any balls of your own, just borrow the orange ones resting on your chin.

You've completely lost your mind and your memory, lets rewind here shall we

Back on shaggy before the election you and had several exchanges about both HRC and Trump, you wanted to know why I was going to vote for Trump and my answer every single time was ABC, anyone but clinton. I never once sang the greatness of Trump or MAGA. My vote was against clinton, if you disagree,  we can go back and check the threads since they are still there. Shes Trump in pants suite and the media as we saw would sweep any controversy under the rug because we can't damage the rep of the first woman president.

Honesty and accuracy has been absent in our media for the better part of a decade, I don't love trump, I do enjoy how crazy him being in office makes those on the left, the trump derangement syndrome is alive and well and quite entertaining. 

To borrow a few Nolan quotes, "hes the president we deserve, not the one we need" and as for me "some people just want to watch the world burn", though I have been a little disappointed with the "burn" I had hoped for more

So take the god mesiah comments and shove them up your fat twat

• Fuck You 2

Here’s hoping Michael Cohen shows up for his testimony before Congress wearing a brand new tan suit with a big old mustard stain on his shirt collar.

Fox news explodes. 

Then for his opening statement he proceeds to whip out a copy of trumps long form birth certificate and reveals trump was actually born in Canada. 

CNN and MSNBC explodes. 

Then trump walks in and resigns and they both reveal it’s just been a reality show all along set to air next season on HSC. 

2 minutes ago, Smax said:

Back on shaggy before the election you and had several exchanges about both HRC and Trump, you wanted to know why I was going to vote for Trump and my answer every single time was ABC, anyone but clinton. I never once sang the greatness of Trump or MAGA. My vote was against clinton, if you disagree,  we can go back and check the threads since they are still there. Shes Trump in pants suite and the media as we saw would sweep any controversy under the rug because we can't damage the rep of the first woman president.

Honesty and accuracy has been absent in our media for the better part of a decade, I don't love trump, I do enjoy how crazy him being in office makes those on the left, the trump derangement syndrome is alive and well and quite entertaining. 

To borrow a few Nolan quotes, "hes the president we deserve, not the one we need" and as for me "some people just want to watch the world burn", though I have been a little disappointed with the "burn" I had hoped for more

Your vote against Hillary got us a Democratic House and Speaker Pelosi.

Thank you.

Edited by David Dennison

19 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Because Congress’s reaction to this story was uniquely serious.  

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

See the quote above yours.  This is not rocket science.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Here’s the problem with the Mueller comment:  It’s the same kind of shit that got Comey in trouble with the presser.  

This is going to sound fucked up but Comey didn’t respect the public’s right to be misinformed.  He took it upon himself to go outside the norms to set the record straight because there was a public perception problem being driven in the media.

Mueller just did the same thing but not nearly as norm breaking as what Comey did.

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

This is probably where I find myself most of the time. Although I’m always a bit disappointed when I venture outside after reading through this board; there’s no fires, tanks, or Nazis marching. 

• Fuck You 1

Mueller seems like the kind of person who would want to see this investigation to the bitter end. He is also intensely focused on the WH and the Trump campaign.

At some point you have to call it a day and file the report. There appear to be endless rabbit paths to pursue with this bunch and all of the people associated with them.

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Or Trump is actually being protected by the Mueller Investigation.  The longer the investigation goes on, the more the Dems can kick the can on holding the motherfuckers publicly accountable 

You should seriously get more than 4-5 hours of sleep a night.   Hell, I’ve been up late the past few nights with first one kid and the other being sick,  but even I couldn’t muster the energy and enthusiasm you seem to have for this stuff.  

Seriously Hugo, you are now arguing the Dems don’t want to hold Trump responsible.   Think about that.

You are arguing this a day after some Dems in Congress starting getting stiffies for starting up impeachment proceedings.  

And you are arguing this after spending the past year telling us how great Schiff is, and how tenacious he will be in going after Trump. 

Get some fucking sleep and stop with the “Dems want to let Trump off” bullshit, especially when you’ve spent thousands and thousands of posts laying out how the Dems are going to stop Trump.  

• Like 7

You counted lies/misstatements by buzzfeed. Do lies count or not?
You can run, but all you do is show your cowardly ass.