Time change

Nice Guy Eddie

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don't really care if standard or dst (prefer standard but whatever), just stop with this change nonsense. I could barely get up this morning, could barely get the kids up, my kindergartner was a complete fucking nightmare, and I dropped them off at school in the dark. Fuck this shit. Make up your goddamned minds and stick with it for fucks sake. 

You were so messed up you dropped your kids off in the dark at a vacant school during spring break?  Did you leave them there all day 😃

6 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this

when ever flying transoceanic i always do a crash program starting 3 days out to get up at 2am no matter which direction i'm flying

i reset the clocks last week and started abiding by them - set your phone and dont hit snooze

Well this is just insane

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

I used to talk mad shit about the dorks that complained at work about losing/gaining an hour. "Who gives a fuck?", I would ask the losers.  Well, I guess fun time's over for me. I felt shitty yesterday and again today, haven't slept well. I can't explain it. I have become that which I most despise. 

This was the first year it hit me as well. I almost never feel tired at my desk in my normal routine, but today sucked. Today felt different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don't really care if standard or dst (prefer standard but whatever), just stop with this change nonsense. I could barely get up this morning, could barely get the kids up, my kindergartner was a complete fucking nightmare, and I dropped them off at school in the dark. Fuck this shit. Make up your goddamned minds and stick with it for fucks sake. 

My 2 year old didn't got to bed til 10:45 Sunday night and woke up at 9 yesterday morning.  SHe did the same thing last night and we had to get her up at 7 to go to "school".   It was an absolute teeth-gnashing, milk throwing nightmare getting her into the truck.  

The entire idea that we are just going to change the time is utterly ridiculous. Why don't we just decide that spring will now last until August and summer begins in September.

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

This is the best time of year. It’s spring and we got an extra hour of daylight in the evening.

i meant these first few days after springing forward.  

Woke up in the middle of the damn night (5am) so I could dress, drive, and stagger into an MRI machine in a basement. Worst thing about getting an MRI in a basement, is, you're getting an MRI in a basement. At least there were the soothing tones of Kraftwerk outtakes.

Yeah I know soldiers and dairy farmers and other victims get up early. I was a soldier and I quit. If you gifted me some dairy cows I'd try to be nice to them and all, but if they wanted to get milked at 4am I'd sell all their cow-asses to somebody who is a MoRnInG PerSoN! Just pay me what's fair, leave the money on the front steps, I'll gather it up after I wake up for lunch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Woke up in the middle of the damn night (5am) so I could dress, drive, and stagger into an MRI machine in a basement. Worst thing about getting an MRI in a basement, is, you're getting an MRI in a basement. At least there were the soothing tones of Kraftwerk outtakes.

Yeah I know soldiers and dairy farmers and other victims get up early. I was a soldier and I quit. If you gifted me some dairy cows I'd try to be nice to them and all, but if they wanted to get milked at 4am I'd sell all their cow-asses to somebody who is a MoRnInG PerSoN! Just pay me what's fair, leave the money on the front steps, I'll gather it up after I wake up for lunch.

Siestas for the win!

• Drool 1

23 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

This.

23 hours ago, Deej said:

Let's try permanent Standard Time. 

Fuck that. Fuck morning people. Fuck farmers and their spawn standing in the dark on rural roads.

None of these people consider the most important factor of all - I’m not a morning person and preferred to have coffee at 11 and yard work at 7 PM. 

Nor have they considered the value of a 7:30 PM tee time in the northern latitudes.  Barbarians!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm still not well from this.  I don't know why it's hitting me so hard this year.  

I'm gonna have to start taking an extra  1/4 gummy at 11 at night if it keeps up much longer.  

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm still not well from this.  I don't know why it's hitting me so hard this year.  

Apparently, there were some defective 5G chips in the COVID vaccinations and they didn't reset with the time change. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 4:22 PM, Storm the Field said:

Never bothered me much as a younger man, but I've noticed the past 2 or 3 years that it takes me a solid week to get adjusted.

Sleep has been all kinds of fucked up the past 3 nights. 

Indica is your friend homie…

On 3/13/2024 at 4:22 PM, Storm the Field said:

Never bothered me much as a younger man, but I've noticed the past 2 or 3 years that it takes me a solid week to get adjusted.

Sleep has been all kinds of fucked up the past 3 nights. 

You really notice it if you have dogs who give zero fucks about the clock.