George H W Bush in failing health

Parliament

There have been quite a few folks comment that he wouldn't last long after her passing.

I know I've told my wife kiddingly (?) that I wanted to out live her to make sure she was always taken care of, but not to drag her feet when she passed because I would be right behind her.  It has been a blessed life and marriage and cannot imagine life without her.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Back in the hospital, this time in Maine.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/George-H-W-Bush-hospitalized-in-Maine-for-low-12947546.php

Hoping for the best, and this doesn't seem too bad at first, but in/out of the clinic isn't a good development at his age, can't survive many of 'em.

unless you’re richard overton.  then a few trips to the ER for pneumonia at age 108 is no big deal.  

On 5/27/2018 at 1:39 PM, phdhorn said:

Back in the hospital, this time in Maine.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/George-H-W-Bush-hospitalized-in-Maine-for-low-12947546.php

Hoping for the best, and this doesn't seem too bad at first, but in/out of the clinic isn't a good development at his age, can't survive many of 'em.

I wonder if this trip to Maine might be a "last trip" type of deal...

6 minutes ago, RD3 said:

I wonder if this trip to Maine might be a "last trip" type of deal...

Bushes always spend their summers in Kennebunkport.  But you are right, this may be his last trip up there, or last trip anywhere but back to Houston / College Station...

• 4 months later...

I had the opportunity to meet the President and Mrs. Bush a couple of times.  Have to say, I was blown away both times of how gracious, personable and down to earth they both were.  Just like talking with neighbors.  Politics aside, I certainly do admire them both, and appreciate his leadership and great service both of them gave to our country.  I also hope for a peaceful passing.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I just read a article where he’s coming back to Texas from spending the summer in Maine and is ready for some Tex mex..   Nothing about failing fast 

I guess you’ve never had Tex Mex after not eating it for a couple months. That will destroy him 

• Haha 1