Miley Cyrus

Neonmoon

She's great. Crazy talented vocalist. A bit crazy, but also... she was pretty effective at shedding the whole Disney thing. Of the various actors and singers that came out of that factory I'm trying to think if there's anyone who is as much of a legit talent as she is, or as interesting. I don't follow her music closely enough to know all the hits, but Party in the USA and Wrecking Ball are both great songs. Of the crop of female pop stars over the past 15 years, she... ranks fairly high but will also have more staying power (to some degree) than most. Her, Taylor Swift, Gaga. Obviously already Beyonce.

I bet she's a blast.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

She's great. Crazy talented vocalist. A bit crazy, but also... she was pretty effective at shedding the whole Disney thing. Of the various actors and singers that came out of that factory I'm trying to think if there's anyone who is as much of a legit talent as she is, or as interesting. I don't follow her music closely enough to know all the hits, but Party in the USA and Wrecking Ball are both great songs. Of the crop of female pop stars over the past 15 years, she... ranks fairly high but will also have more staying power (to some degree) than most. Her, Taylor Swift, Gaga. Obviously already Beyonce.

I bet she's a blast.

Legit Talent (from Disney machine):

-Christina Aguilera 

-Justin Timberlake 

-Ariana Grande

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm a closet Miley Cyrus fan. Those 3 videos above do a good job of showcasing her versatility. She's done a great job of evolving from her Hannah Montana childhood and being the spawn of of Billy Ray and Achy, Breaky heart. I like her IDGAF attitude. 

Anybody who hasn't realized Miley Cyrus can sing her ass off for at least the last decade has not been paying attention whatsoever.  I've had this argument dozens of times over the years -- criticize the material, if that's how you feel, but the voice is stellar.

Edited by jimmyjazz

Now that I've watched that clip of "Doll Parts", her vocal similarity to Stevie Nicks really becomes apparent.  Miley has a deeper alto, but she has that warble (vibrato) in her midrange that is Stevie all day long.  I actually think Miley might have more power up high.  She really killed it at the end of that performance, I didn't see that coming.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:37 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Now that I've watched that clip of "Doll Parts", her vocal similarity to Stevie Nicks really becomes apparent.  Miley has a deeper alto, but she has that warble (vibrato) in her midrange that is Stevie all day long.  I actually think Miley might have more power up high.  She really killed it at the end of that performance, I didn't see that coming.

She’s talented. But she sounds like a Stevie Nicks tribute band singer to me. 

Timberlake is the best of the Mouseketeers IMO. 

• 8 months later...