Show me your old Tacos (4Runner, FJ, Landcruiser, bronco etc)

cknight

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

You should throw it away now. All used up.

Let me know where to pick it up. I'll take a 3rd one.

I have an 88 fj62 w 225k and my wife’s  2015 w 254k i now drive , sold the 2002 to cousins son, after snowmaggedon .  transmission acted funny , then fan went through the radiator and the ignition cam snapped in half. Fixed the 2nd two , transmission  straightened up and decided to sell to hs kid (cheeper than I should have ) looking for a Toyota truck figuring he would have to replace transmission soon. , regret it about every other day 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Kind of an Xterra vibe with those rear side windows.

And that teal green color on the Trailhunter is badass. Can we have that on a Landcruiser 58 trim please?

GKu4G5EWMAAMILQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 2

Well, it’s definitely Tacoma-based.

It doesn’t look bad, but I do kinda prefer the proportions of the old one.

This one looks like it has a higher beltline to me, but it may be the door lines throwing me off. I kinda wish the front was more unique looking instead of Tacoma-adjacent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 9:58 AM, Texzilla588 said:

I’m disappointed on the lack of a V6 in either the LC or 4Runner. If I have the bucks I’d go with the Lexus.

Will stick with my 99 SR5 Sport V6 4wD. Only 175k.

I would HATE having a V6 in the LC. In lieu of the V8 I am interested in the 4 cylinder hybrid, especially if mileage really is 20+. I've been driving LCs since 1994 and have never gotten better than 13 MPG on a tank of gas. 

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Already hearing reports of $25K dealer markup on new LCs. 

Unless you're in hurry I'd give it another year or so.   Never buy first year production.   What's the old saying the pioneers get the arrows.   That combined with a collapsing car market, you could end up with a better ride and a much better deal.

Just my .02

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, locodos said:

Unless you're in hurry I'd give it another year or so.   Never buy first year production.   What's the old saying the pioneers get the arrows.   That combined with a collapsing car market, you could end up with a better ride and a much better deal.

Just my .02

oh, totally agree. I'm not in need of a new vehicle at all (knock on wood). My Tundra is paid off and has 120K miles on it. I figure I've got at least 5 more years at my current annual mileage. I'd like to wait 5 years and pick up a lightly used 1-2 year old LC once they work out the kinks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had a 94 80 I got brand new and put 250k miles on it, then a 97 40th Anniversary with locking diffs at 90k miles I put 150k more on it and now I have a 200 series I bought with 44k miles. In my experience brand new and 100k miles are virtually indistinguishable except for the new car smell and regular wear and tear on the interior. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Basically what's been said here already.  This dude owns a Toyota-specific shop up in DFW and is a good follow for Toyota pron, if you're into that kinda thing.

I don’t have TikTok so the link just opens to random ones for me, but I have had Tandem align my FJ twice. They do good work. I’ll probably take it to them for some suspension work soon ish again.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Apparently some outfit from plano did it as a one off SEMA custom.  I needed some escape today so i looked online and they did a Youtube series showing the build.  Pretty interesting.  Let me know when you build your own Surly version!  But interesting to see the details of the build. I especially like that you could shimmy between the cab and the camper if it was pouring rain. But I think whenever I get rid of my RV trailer Taco is where I think I am likely headed.  

Seems mostly like a Toyota thread but I'll chime in with a few thoughts and food for thought on the Bronco. I bought one in October. 4 door hard top Wildtrack with the Sasquatch package. No I will probably not ever use some of those features unless I get stuck in the snow but all of that aside it is a bad ass vehicle and I love it. Mine has the 3.6 turbo and it moves. The gas mileage sucks but it does have an eco mode and I don't drive a ton of miles.

It is finally warm enough here that I started messing with the top panels. I wanted the hard top because of where I live and also because at the time Ford wasn't selling the factory hard top and I read that if they were going to in the future it would be 5k+. My plan was to buy a factory soft top on the secondary market and swap out the hard top for the soft top in the summer. Found a soft top for $1k and grabbed it. Changed them out today and it wasn't easy. I found removing the hard top panels for the front and second row pretty easy and a one person job. We'll see how much I like the soft top in the summer but right now I'm thinking sticking with the hard top may be the way to go.

One thing that is fucking stupid is Ford does not give you all of the parts you need for the soft top if you get a hard top even though they all fit on the vehicle with the hard top on. They don't even sell a conversation kit. There's about $300 worth of bolts and brackets you have to source on your own to install the soft top. 

Pic with the roof off today. PXL_20240504_2013287202.thumb.jpg.3ab69e13625729742583ccd52ec68c7a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Seems mostly like a Toyota thread but I'll chime in with a few thoughts and food for thought on the Bronco. I bought one in October. 4 door hard top Wildtrack with the Sasquatch package. No I will probably not ever use some of those features unless I get stuck in the snow but all of that aside it is a bad ass vehicle and I love it. Mine has the 3.6 turbo and it moves. The gas mileage sucks but it does have an eco mode and I don't drive a ton of miles.

It is finally warm enough here that I started messing with the top panels. I wanted the hard top because of where I live and also because at the time Ford wasn't selling the factory hard top and I read that if they were going to in the future it would be 5k+. My plan was to buy a factory soft top on the secondary market and swap out the hard top for the soft top in the summer. Found a soft top for $1k and grabbed it. Changed them out today and it wasn't easy. I found removing the hard top panels for the front and second row pretty easy and a one person job. We'll see how much I like the soft top in the summer but right now I'm thinking sticking with the hard top may be the way to go.

One thing that is fucking stupid is Ford does not give you all of the parts you need for the soft top if you get a hard top even though they all fit on the vehicle with the hard top on. They don't even sell a conversation kit. There's about $300 worth of bolts and brackets you have to source on your own to install the soft top. 

Pic with the roof off today. PXL_20240504_2013287202.thumb.jpg.3ab69e13625729742583ccd52ec68c7a.jpg

Looks good.  Now pop those doors off and snap a pic. :)

13 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Also, I'm a little surprised it's so difficult to do the swap.  I think Bestop makes the OEM soft tops for both Jeep and Bronco, and on our Jeep it's super-easy to swap back and forth.  I can do it in bout 15 minutes at this point, and all hardware was included with the soft top (that I bought after-market but it's the same as what Jeep will sell you straight from the factory).

I assume that as the Bronco platform matures, more of this stuff will end up plug and play, as it is with the Jeeps.

Edited by utee94