2018 San Antonio Spurs Offseason Thread -- Into the Great Unknown

Patrick Bateman

45 minutes ago, Hate said:

If so, here’s an idea for Kawhi. Maybe remain with the Spurs in San Antonio. Just some food for thought.

I started believing this was more a possibility after hearing rumors that he didn't want to join a super team a few days ago.

Kawhi has surely gotten a fair taste of the media this year.  No team is better at quieting that noise than San Antonio.

54 minutes ago, angelfacedmongoloid said:

What a fucking dumbass

This ...

49 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This agency is definitely looking amateurish to all other athletes who would have otherwise considered signing on.

... and this.

giphy.gif

So... his team didn't float the whole idea of sharing LA with LeBron beforehand? Let me rephrase that... His team didn't explain to him what the biggest and most expected free agent signing in the LA region would mean for him? If true, what an absolute clown show his agency is looking like and the whole sports world will take notice.

I have an idea for if/when Kawhi comes back to town after leaving: thousands of Uncle Dennis heads. Put this face:

Kawhi-Leonard_s-uncle-denies-reports-of-

on thousands of pieces of card stock and hand them out before the game. Kawhi will have to play on and take shots and free throws with thousands of Uncle Dennises looking on.

The level of disrespect Kawhi and his handlers has shown the Spurs and Popovich is nothing short of staggering. Just unreal.

Seems like he's got next-to-no control over his life at this point. Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear he winds up as another penniless ex-athlete when all is said and done.

8 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I hate the thought of driving clicks for the spin machine, but here's Zach Lowe's breakdown of Kawhi trade scenarios. Make of it what you will. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23997175/zach-lowe-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-nba

I read that earlier. Even though it shows to have posted earlier this afternoon there's nothing really new at all in that piece. In fact, think it was written nearly word-for-word that way a few days ago.

Edited by C-Man

Dude's camp is keystone cops..... Fuckin' amateurville.  He's really, really lucky the Spurs have stayed silent as not to torpedo his value.  I have a feeling after this is resolved, Kawhi and his camp are going to look petty.

I am pleased to announce that I’ve made the decision to be petty, in exchange for a guaranteed $200M nba contract. Who wants me.

A little SL action.  Way too early reactions:

White is too good for SL right now.  Dude should get 20 minutes a night to see what he can do with them early.... but we're overloaded with small guards if TP comes back.

Metu is good..... He'll struggle vs the bigs until he gets a little more strength but he has a nice offensive game.  Hit a 3 and has some dribble drive to his game.  Still needs a jump hook or some type of go to shot near the rim.

Lonnie is a great athlete but his shooting is dreadful right now.  Seems to be forcing it.  Seems like a WIP.  Might be a project and spend some time in Austin....

Some pale skinned guy with a man bun can shoot but he won't make the team.

Way too early....

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

The level of disrespect Kawhi and his handlers has shown the Spurs and Popovich is nothing short of staggering. Just unreal.

Seems like he's got next-to-no control over his life at this point. Wouldn't surprise me at all to hear he winds up as another penniless ex-athlete when all is said and done.

Kawhi is not some little kid, he's a grown ass man that apparently can't find his voice or refuses to use it. I know he's quiet, hell I'm quiet but goddamn this is ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A little SL action.  Way too early reactions:

White is too good for SL right now.  Dude should get 20 minutes a night to see what he can do with them early.... but we're overloaded with small guards if TP comes back.

Metu is good..... He'll struggle vs the bigs until he gets a little more strength but he has a nice offensive game.  Hit a 3 and has some dribble drive to his game.  Still needs a jump hook or some type of go to shot near the rim.

Lonnie is a great athlete but his shooting is dreadful right now.  Seems to be forcing it.  Seems like a WIP.  Might be a project and spend some time in Austin....

Some pale skinned guy with a man bun can shoot but he won't make the team.

Way too early....

Lonnie heard everyone..... hit his last 3 shots including 2 3's.  His athleticism is better than Simmons to give you an idea.  He's so bouncy..... probably more than anyone we've had.

6 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'd never wanted to believe it before. I just assumed Kawhi was an innocent kid not well versed in media matters, and that was why he didn't come across as the most effervescent personality. But I'm honestly starting to wonder if maybe the elevator sometimes stops short of the top floor. 

Posted something similar a few pages back.

Shit aint right with this dude. 

Anonymous sources in my imagination are telling me PATFO told uncle Dennis "you ruined his trade value so that we could get nothing in return. If we trade him, we make a competitor stronger without bettering ourselves as well. Therefore your bitchass nephew better get ready for his physical with OUR doctors, bc he's playing for us this season...oh, and good luck with the shoe deal now that you've absolutely ruined his marketability as well, asshole."

15 hours ago, thepop said:

Since August. Spurs medical staff reputation being ruined for nothing.

This has been my thinking all along.  Hard to criticize the Spurs’ staff when it’s been Kawhi’s clown show running things all along.  And it’s not like he got back to the court quickly once they took over.

The timelines are strange, though.  I had read this August stuff before, but then the famous long ESPN piece from a month or two ago made it seem like his doctors took over in January... when they flew from Atlanta to Brooklyn, iirc.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Beadle was, of course, correct.  However, somehow I think RC and Pops aren't thrilled with this information being put out for public consumption as it's weakening his trade value.  It probably will pass, but they probably still want silence until he's off the team.

Uncle Dennis and his merry band of morons, who so desperately want Kawhi traded, have made it virtually impossible to get something done at this point. Brilliant!

I'm coming around to the idea of letting that cocksucker rot as holdout next season if we can't get decent value for him.

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Beadle was, of course, correct.  However, somehow I think RC and Pops aren't thrilled with this information being put out for public consumption as it's weakening his trade value.  It probably will pass, but they probably still want silence until he's off the team.

I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. A lot of this most recent stuff seems to be coming from the Spurs side, which is extremely out of character.

This is going to be my last rumor mongering for awhile, but I was informed that they offered Tony the minimum and he's pissed about it. He (allegedly) has multi-year offers from other teams looking for a veteran point guard to provide leadership. I don't think he's coming back. 

Speaking of which..... and it's fine.  We all love and appreciate Tony, and he took care of us for awhile and we took care of him the past 2 years...... We just don't have a lot money.  FWIW, the way FA has shaped up, we overpaid especially for Marco.  

Edited by Patrick Bateman