Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Damon Sayles: A&M loses a 2020 pledge in 4-star Akinola Ogunbiyi

Texas A&M's 2020 class suffered a blow early Wednesday evening when one of its pledges announced he was reopening his recruitment. Fort Bend Kempner offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi tweeted that he has decommitted from the Aggies. A 4-star lineman, Ogunbiyi said Texas A&M will remain a part of his recruiting process, but he wanted to reopen his process to all schools. "I would like to thank Texas A&M University and their coaching stagg for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to play football at their university," Ogunbiyi said. "... Texas A&M will still be integral in my recruitment and there is no love lost with the program. As of right now however I would like to be open to all schools and all opportunities to further my athletic amd academic career." Ogunbiyi is ranked the nation's No. 11 offensive guard and No. 209 player overall in the 2020 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Jefferson, Chibuzo... Henson may try a hard reset with their O-line class.

Makes sense, but that really puts them behind the eight ball here. Not that I care, but their OL recruiting has been awful. Maybe Henson will actually find them some diamond-in-the-rough lineman like he did commonly at OSU. Kerstetter was committed there prior to our stealing of him, as well.

6 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Makes sense, but that really puts them behind the eight ball here. Not that I care, but their OL recruiting has been awful. Maybe Henson will actually find them some diamond-in-the-rough lineman like he did commonly at OSU. Kerstetter was committed there prior to our stealing of him, as well.

There are a ton of good Texas O-linemen this cycle. Even if we land all five of our top targets, they can go after Ty'Kieast Crawford or Garrett Hayes to replace Jefferson and Chibuzo.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There are a ton of good Texas O-linemen this cycle. Even if we land all five of our top targets, they can go after Ty'Kieast Crawford or Garrett Hayes to replace Jefferson and Chibuzo.

Yeah, the 2020-2021 classes are loaded. Plenty of guys for both Texas and aggy to get great classes.

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That would put aggy on course to have a better O Line sometime around 2022 or 2023.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, the 2020-2021 classes are loaded. Plenty of guys for both Texas and aggy to get great classes.

While y'all are both correct, they are still playing from behind since they just hired a new coach. There is a lot more competition for these guys than just Texas.

Just now, Leanderman said:

Time to reshape their entire class now again? After losing their best O-Lineman, how many others will have second thoughts?

Aren't Chibuzo and Aki pals?  I mean, we all want them to keep the 3 current OL commits, but it's probably not happening.

29 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Garrett Hayes highlights look a lot like Trainors from last year.  All run blocking with zero clips of pass pro.  He does play in what looked like a wing-T offense so he probably hardly ever does it.

Just now, George Clooney said:

Do they have a good shot with Ty'kieast Crawford? I know they're in good shape with Garrett Hayes. It'll be interesting to see if Arky can secure either of them too, though I'd imagine they need to actually start winning some games first.

Crawford's stock is blowing up right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he did a full reset of his recruitment, though if he were to shut it down right now I assume Arkansas would be the pick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Do they have a good shot with Ty'kieast Crawford? I know they're in good shape with Garrett Hayes. It'll be interesting to see if Arky can secure either of them too, though I'd imagine they need to actually start winning some games first.

Arkansas is pushing hard for Ingram's bro and he's visiting in the next week or 2.  Could play a part in that recruitment.

11 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Henson decided he wasn't a fit and advised him to look elsewhere. I'm hearing current Ohio St commit Paris Johnson Jr. is interested and may take a visit soon. 

No biggy.  They think they're getting everyone in the 2021 class.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

So would you say the glass is half full in regards to their OL recruiting?

2 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I'll be surprised if his aggie head coach doesn't do his best to aim him in their direction at every opportunity 

They're going to love replacing the Nigerians with Bankhead and Hayes as their favorite linemen. They just really seem like they love the school, you know?

D1Bx-GfX4AAC7xh.pngD1Bx-QnWkAEHJjE.jpgD1Bx-W-XQAAXUeA.jpg

None of the fuckers understand what a good college OL looks like. I hate how people on these boards (including 995ers) evaI OL. I was a RB (in a flexbone scheme) and DT in HS. Never sniffed the OL.

Aggy posters don’t know shit.