Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

6 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

According to TFB, he signed with aggy.

Just a reminder, by holding onto Evans, aggy has managed to maintain the #17 class, currently sitting just below... Florida.

That's assuming, of course, that they don't lose any of the remaining players who elected to hold off until February. Right.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

hahahaha this kid is such a tool 

The rise of the high school Aggy reporter is a legitimately awesome development for my own entertainment. I don't blame them for not being professional, they're kids, but the fact that their fanbase chooses to give them credibility rules because of course the kids are gonna fuck up and make them look dumb frequently.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

Lol… his recruitment pursuit from Texas was showing up to an “in-home” for Aeryn Hampton at Chipotle with our safeties coach Blake Gideon.  I don’t think Texas recruited him for a second.  This was pretty pathetic way to gain hype for aggy lmao.  None of the Texas writers are even talking about him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

None of the Texas writers are even talking about him.

Gerry was going on about Texas coaches talking to him multiple times a day or so ago.   All the sites had a worthless  article about his "announcement".  He used them for their normal idiocy.  The only thing missing was Ketch tweeting he was going to Texas  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol that's not what you said

I didn't?

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I want Evans to sign with Texas.  I know it's new age in college football, but if you're just chasing the best NIL deal then you can go elsewhere.  I want players who want to be Longhorns above all else.

The hemming and hawing of Evans (and Moore, tbh) has kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Just now, texifornia said:

I should rephrase, you weren't getting negged about the Evans song and dance, it was the NIL thing. We've happily won some recruitments that were at least 80% auctions with 20% real football stuff (hi Ryan Wingo).

Fair enough.  But Wingo wasn't a drama queen about it.

Just now, DixonHur said:

Fair enough.  But Wingo wasn't a drama queen about it.

Hi, I negged you because you were being a dramatic weirdo about a teenager being indecisive about the biggest moment of his life, you then proceeded to be a dramatic weirdo about having an internet point being taken away. None of it is that serious. 

Also, Wingo was being just as dramatic about his commitment unless you actually believe he woke up late in which case lmao you. 

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Just a reminder, by holding onto Evans, aggy has managed to maintain the #17 class, currently sitting just below... Florida.

That's assuming, of course, that they don't lose any of the remaining players who elected to hold off until February. Right.

It’s the greatest 17th class of all time 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Hi, I negged you because you were being a dramatic weirdo about a teenager being indecisive about the biggest moment of his life, you then proceeded to be a dramatic weirdo about having an internet point being taken away. None of it is that serious. 

Also, Wingo was being just as dramatic about his commitment unless you actually believe he woke up late in which case lmao you. 

Really?  Show me all the posts by Wingo playing two schools against each other on and/or after early signing day.  Perhaps I missed them.

It's one thing to keep your options open.  It's another thing to make the whole process about you.

Evans doesn't strike me as a team first guy.  Sark has built an amazing culture.  We don't need guys like him on the team.

Good luck to him in collie station, but I'm happy he's not coming to the 40 Acres.

Edited by DixonHur
Autocorrect

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Pretty sure the Texas comments were trolling….   Thought that all along.  You don’t commit to A&M if you are that highly ranked and not visit Texas if they are “your dream school”.   Clearly a troll job.  

Yep. AFAIK, Sark has yet to sign a HS recruit that he hadn't met in person. I don't know why he would start now with this kid that clearly likes to play games with the recruiting process. Definitely one Sark would have needed to have an in-person with before signing

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DixonHur said:

Really?  Show me all the posts by Wingo playing two schools against each other on and/or after early signing day.  Perhaps I missed them.

It's one thing to keep your options open.  It's another thing to make the whole process about you.

Evans doesn't strike me as a team first guy.  Dark has built an amazing culture.  We don't need guys like him on the team.

Good luck to him in collie station, but I'm happy he's not coming to the 40 Acres.

You did miss them. Nebraska and Missouri both made late pushes for Wingo. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-star-texas-commit-ryan-wingo-on-flip-watch-after-late-push-from-two-college-football-programs
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ryan-wingo-officially-signs-nli-following-late-pushes-from-missouri-nebraska/

It was literally discussed in this thread for pages. I would imagine since I would never say you're a hypocrite that you won't be supporting Wingo and expect him to transfer in the next two years. 

Again, if you're naïve enough to believe he happened to oversleep for hours on the morning of his signing when there was an expectation his NLI would be sent in at 7am, that's totally fine, but I'll be messaging numerous investment opportunities I think you'll love 😀

• Drool 2

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yep. AFAIK, Sark has yet to sign a HS recruit that he hadn't met in person. I don't know why he would start now with this kid that clearly likes to play games with the recruiting process. Definitely one Sark would have needed to have an in-person with before signing

This. I can believe that Sark pushed for a delay in signing to allow an in-home and an OV. I have trouble believing that Sark would add someone to the team merely because they looked good from afar.

9 hours ago, Spindletop said:

We are getting Evans

Coaching staff stability, on-field performance and recruiting momentum are all in the shitter at A&M. Errbody

This was my first unread post. Never change, Surly.

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I want Evans to sign with Texas.  I know it's new age in college football, but if you're just chasing the best NIL deal then you can go elsewhere.  I want players who want to be Longhorns above all else.

The hemming and hawing of Evans (and Moore, tbh) has kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

In my sleepiness, I honestly thought I was on Texags for the first few sentences.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

This. I can believe that Sark pushed for a delay in signing to allow an in-home and an OV. I have trouble believing that Sark would add someone to the team merely because they looked good from afar.

Portal transfers are a different case because they're generally 1-2 year rentals, but Sark continuously preaches the importance of building his program through recruiting highschoolers who are "culture fits", so he takes vetting those HS recruits seriously. If it had been reported that Evans had met with Sark, I might have taken the bait of a potential recruitment flip, but that didn't happen. 

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

You did miss them. Nebraska and Missouri both made late pushes for Wingo. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/five-star-texas-commit-ryan-wingo-on-flip-watch-after-late-push-from-two-college-football-programs
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ryan-wingo-officially-signs-nli-following-late-pushes-from-missouri-nebraska/

It was literally discussed in this thread for pages. I would imagine since I would never say you're a hypocrite that you won't be supporting Wingo and expect him to transfer in the next two years. 

Again, if you're naïve enough to believe he happened to oversleep for hours on the morning of his signing when there was an expectation his NLI would be sent in at 7am, that's totally fine, but I'll be messaging numerous investment opportunities I think you'll love 😀

Lol, wut?

Neither of those are posts BY Wingo...they are ABOUT Wingo.  Flipping isn't the issue.  I have no problem with Wingo for listening to other offers or Tyanthony for flipping to Texas.

The issue is with the showboating and publicly making it about the individual.

If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

• Hook 'Em 7

This is the reason for my skepticism about Butler, and Gerry’s “hi.”

Just now, DixonHur said:

Lol, wut?

Neither of those are posts BY Wingo...they are ABOUT Wingo.  Flipping isn't the issue.  I have no problem with Wingo for listening to other offers or Tyanthony for flipping to Texas.

The issue is with the showboating and publicly making it about the individual.

If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

It is about the individual, all of these decisions are about individual high schoolers doing what makes them feel best and believe are in their best interests and if your feelings are hurt by these kids I hope you find another hobby

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

It is about the individual, all of these decisions are about individual high schoolers doing what makes them feel best and believe are in their best interests and if your feelings are hurt by these kids I hope you find another hobby

I turned down a full scholarship at aggy to pay my own way at Texas, so perhaps my expectations of loyalty are unrealistic.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Teryor said:

The difference is pretty obvious. It’s one thing to play the game behind closed doors. It’s another to put out BS statements in the public domain. There are ways to handle things. Some people handle them like professionals, some handle them like a child

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1