Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

23 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

good point. now we are taking tall UDFA corners in the 3rd round so.....progress?

I'd also have to attribute some of our issues drafting for defense to our instability on that side ball since Parcells left.  We've remained fairly stable on the offensive side of the ball for the past 15 years while we've been the epitome of volatility on the defensive side of the ball.  Stability makes it easier for scouts and the entire front office to pinpoint what type of players have success in a system. Changing defensive schemes every 2 or 3 years probably limits the ability for scouts to evaluate talent at consistently proficient level. 

Holy shit, a good, solid value pick.  Highly athletic LB, who addresses a hole -- coverage LB.  I'm definitely on board with this pick at this juncture.  At worst, he'll probably be an above-average special teamer this year.  With Parsons and Cox, we could be seeing the end of LVE and Smith after this year.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think I id rather have taken Bobby brown instead of the ucla guy yesterday. At least he’s a real dt. Though an Arlington kid playing for the cowboys could have its extra good and bad, depending on his situation. 

Guess that's your "prerogative"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think I id rather have taken Bobby brown instead of the ucla guy yesterday. At least he’s a real dt. Though an Arlington kid playing for the cowboys could have its extra good and bad, depending on his situation. 

Bobby Brown is lazy and will flame out if he doesn’t figure out how to put in the work, we went with his polar opposite. I don’t mind the exact guys we have taken, I hate that we’re operating like we have 50 slots between each pick and are grabbing guys way too early.

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They're certainly addressing the biggest weakness. Will they pan out, who knows. The single thing holding back this team since Romo's ascension is the Joneses. 

They've had 15 straight years of top 10 level franchise QB play and have 3 wild card game wins. With a top 10 QB being an average team is the absolute floor. And they've managed to stay at the floor 

• Fuck You 16

26 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Would like them to look at Togiai, M.Wilson and K.Tonga at 1T.  Still would be happy with an OT.

13 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Maybe Jamar Johnson.  Need a S. 

They are all available right?? 

Dallas on the clock

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Back to shitty value and character issues.  

Kicked out of FSU for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

I think the value is fine.  its a measureables pick but not a reach.  hopefully he grew up but did get ejected from the CUSA champ game.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'd also have to attribute some of our issues drafting for defense to our instability on that side ball since Parcells left.  We've remained fairly stable on the offensive side of the ball for the past 15 years while we've been the epitome of volatility on the defensive side of the ball.  Stability makes it easier for scouts and the entire front office to pinpoint what type of players have success in a system. Changing defensive schemes every 2 or 3 years probably limits the ability for scouts to evaluate talent at consistently proficient level. 

sure but a UDFA corner in the 3rd isn't about the type of D.  that's next level stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think the value is fine.  its a measureables pick but not a reach.  hopefully he grew up but did get ejected from the CUSA champ game.

He certainly doesn't sound like he's grown up.  Surely his representation worked with him on a better response than this.....

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He certainly doesn't sound like he's grown up.  Surely his representation worked with him on a better response than this.....

I get it. he could have left out "everybody has moved on" and just said the past is the past no comment.  he was never charged with anything but if he said something wrong maybe he could be.  my guess is everyone around him tells him not to comment on it.

what he did was bad but words are just words(he appears to not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, regardless of what he said).  it only matters how he acts.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I get it. he could have left out "everybody has moved on" and just said the past is the past no comment.  he was never charged with anything but if he said something wrong maybe he could be.  my guess is everyone around him tells him not to comment on it.

what he did was bad but words are just words(he appears to not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, regardless of what he said).  it only matters how he acts.

So, I don't agree.  Actions absolutely speak louder than words, but words, sentiments and genuine communicable emotions do matter especially in a public arena.  He's had, 5-6 months to really prepare for the draft?  He knew he was going to get asked this question and he failed at it.  Regardless, he's going to get his 2nd chance (which I believe in) and hopefully he can make it count, but I'm going to guess the odds aren't in his favor when it comes to these type of issues.  The flat out failure in the 3rd round bleeds into this decision too, which is kick in the groin.

Did it work out for Lattimer!!!!!

FelineQuaintAmphibian-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

4 safeties have gone in the last 7 picks.  Maybe Washington from TCU?  He's short, but he's smart, has good instincts, decent agility, and will play the run.

Definitely wanted him. I would’ve been happy with him yesterday honestly 

19 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Definitely wanted him. I would’ve been happy with him yesterday honestly 

Welp, he's on the board.  But, we got with a WR with drops issues.  But okay.  He's a really good athlete.

And not to belabor the point, but to give credit where due.  Ball had the opportunity to answer the question again and did much better.  Don't know If I need the lack of self-awareness but acknowledging, taking accountability (even if vague for legal reasons), and looking towards the future is a fine answer.  Doesn't erase what he did and he'll have to wear that until he doesn't, but a better answer.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
Clarification