2021 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might be looking at the B12 getting shut out of Round 1

I guess Cosmi, Ossai, TCU safety, or Okie Lite OL are the only B12 players with a shot of being selected in the first round...

I think there's a higher chance all 4 of those guys get drafted in the 1st round than none.

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might be looking at the B12 getting shut out of Round 1

I guess Cosmi, Ossai, TCU safety, or Okie Lite OL are the only B12 players with a shot of being selected in the first round...

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I think there's a higher chance all 4 of those guys get drafted in the 1st round than none.

57n5ng.gif

It’s believed that the 49ers offered the No. 3 overall pick, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, other players, plus draft picks to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Bill Michaels started the fire, attributing the report to Paul Allen of KFAN, with confirmation from others.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/29/report-49ers-offered-no-3-overall-pick-plus-more-for-aaron-rodgers/

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Oh shit, Schefter on ESPN saying Aaron Rodgers wants out of GB...

Well. Shit! They had a great chance of winning the NFC the past two years if they had drafted seriously (weapons). Man that is huge if a team is willing to make that kind of move or trade for him. Wow. I love the fucking Draft! 

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Just look at the absolute dogshit draft the Packers had last year, what the fuck were they thinking?

Maybe they were smoking cheese when they were drafting? Last two years they gave him virtually nothing and still almost won the NFC. I think seeing what happened with Tom has changed some thinking for some people. Jmo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You know Rodgers would love to go home. to the 49ers. He’d probably like to go to L.A as well. Dating an actress. Wants to get in the entertainment business ie Jeopardy Rodgers for Goff swap make sense?  

Detroit is the epicenter of entertainment business. So I say yes

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Haha 1

If the Packers are dumb enough to draft a QB in the first round when they had a healthy Rodgers (the QB they drafted isn’t gonna set the world on fire) they are dumb enough to trade their future HOF/MVP winning QB the night of the draft. 

Edited by Nicole44
Sure he can also be flexing on the money. New contract. But...this could totally make the draft exciting if he’s serious about not returning.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

If the Packers are dumb enough to draft a QB in the first round when they had a healthy Rodgers (the QB they drafted isn’t gonna set the world on fire) they are dumb enough to trade their future HOF/MVP winning QB the night of the draft. 

They can't trade him even if they wanted to until June 1st because of the cap hit.  So, nothing will happen until then but they will most likely give him a new deal and patch things up in the next month.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Alex Trebek was once on Cheers.  Cheers was set in Boston.  Rodgers to New England is obvious at this point.

His fiancé is filming a movie in Quebec. New York is close to Quebec.Daniel Jones may suck. The NFC East presents an intriguing option. Gettleman would do it. They have Golladay and Barkley. Tons of weapons. 

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I hope Tampa, Tennessee, or Baltimore  draft Ossai

He had a really good interview with Dallas also. Ossai and Cosmi will be virtual participants in the draft so we get some visibility and I hope that visibility helps with the teams that draft them/where they get drafted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That would make for a fascinating chapter in the Brady-Belichek debate. 

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If the Packers are dumb enough to draft a QB in the first round when they had a healthy Favre (the QB they drafted isn’t gonna set the world on fire) they are dumb enough to trade their future HOF/MVP winning QB the night of the draft. 

People said the same when Rodgers was drafted. We don’t actually know if drafting Love was a bad idea. If he turns out to be good, then it was a great move. 

Plus the best receivers left on the Board were Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman. Neither of those guys would’ve changed that Packers-Bucs game. 

36 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The Love pick was so hilariously bad. They actually traded up to select him and he spent most of the season inactive because he couldn't beat Tim Boyle out as their 2nd string. If they move him they may be lucky to get 75 cents on the dollar after just a year.

And Rodgers wanted Tee Higgins. He should be doing the drafting 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That would make for a fascinating chapter in the Brady-Belichek debate. 

People said the same when Rodgers was drafted. We don’t actually know if drafting Love was a bad idea. If he turns out to be good, then it was a great move. 

Plus the best receivers left on the Board were Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman. Neither of those guys would’ve changed that Packers-Bucs game. 

Tee Higgins had a 67/908/6 line better than anyone not named Adams. Chase Claypool was 62/873/9

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Tee Higgins had a 67/908/6 line better than anyone not named Adams. Chase Claypool was 62/873/9

Yeah, he’s good and would be a starting receiver for them, but he wasn’t going to change the outcome of that game. The Bucs were drastically better overall. 

51 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

His fiancé is filming a movie in Quebec. New York is close to Quebec.Daniel Jones may suck. The NFC East presents an intriguing option. Gettleman would do it. They have Golladay and Barkley. Tons of weapons. 

Not that it would have any bearing on today, but filming is increasingly moving away from SoCal and heading to Austin, TX and parts of Canada.  Other locations also, but those are the two biggest that I know of.  Canada more so than Austin, but Austin is not far behind.  Give it another 10 years and we may see almost as much production here as they do in Southern California.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep, and it's going to be hilarious. 

If Grab-a-ho could stay healthy and they could draft Pitts opposite Kittle? Holy shit. Talk about one scary mofo offense. But he can’t stay healthy. Then they’d be scary. Grab-a-ho doesn’t need all that much help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

It’s believed that the 49ers offered the No. 3 overall pick, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, other players, plus draft picks to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Bill Michaels started the fire, attributing the report to Paul Allen of KFAN, with confirmation from others.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/29/report-49ers-offered-no-3-overall-pick-plus-more-for-aaron-rodgers/

Lulz.  Paul Allen is a huge blowhard, and that's coming from a Vikings fan.  I see that Demovsky is now saying the report is completely false.  Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out PA was full of shit.

I’m kinda bummed we won’t get to see Roger Goodell getting hammered in his basement like last year. 

Last year it was Kilff’s “struggle” house and prospects who had shitty curtains in their houses and Belichick’s dog...

Ja’Marr Chase’s outfit is awesome. Pitts too.